Riverside Mall bringing Movie Theater back.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How about

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

How nice would it be to bring the Theater back to this area. Don't have to fight all the traffic going to New Hartford. It served the north area well.
Sam

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Good luck with that one... people are not doing the feel good stuff to much these days. It will be hard to peddle an icecream cone at the rate this country is going.
just a nobody

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

It would be awesome, But doubtful, Lowes has taken over the old Riverside Movie area, and years before, a rumor has it that a flood filled up the theatres and it is probably full of mold in there.
Nothing Entertainment wise comes to North Utica, we even lost our bowling area which was the closest, family entertainment establishment.

Since: Oct 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

North utica had a bowling alley? Where?
just a nobody

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

My mistake,,,,,,, It was in Marcy, Rt 49, but still this side of the canal!
How About

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

just a nobody wrote:
It would be awesome, But doubtful, Lowes has taken over the old Riverside Movie area, and years before, a rumor has it that a flood filled up the theatres and it is probably full of mold in there.
Nothing Entertainment wise comes to North Utica, we even lost our bowling area which was the closest, family entertainment establishment.
It is sad that there is nothing as far as entertainment wise for family's up in North Utica. Riverside has enough room to put something other than what od reported as a possible hotel, resturants,apartment buildings may be in the making...like we need more of that..mybe a representative for North Utica should speek up and act on getting more for the area in the line of entertainment for familys. And yes the bowling alley was in Marcy...(Riverside Lanes. We all Miss a Dinner and a Movie...At Riverside come back....
just a nobody

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Some one needs to call the North Utica Councilperson? Do you know who that is? Was it Paparella? Everyone who is interests on more than stores, restaurants, but more family and entertainment establishments.
just a nobody

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

There was a place in New Hartford Shopping Center, the Golf shack, it was a terrific place for families and teens. Indoor Mini golf.
I heard that they were moved out so the shopping center could put something bigger in there. that would be good around here.
There is also a huge building vacant and leasable on upper Trenton Road, next to the Beaton Business, could make a bowling alley or movie house or rollerskating. something !
Curious

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

How About, I was thinking along your lines in my post about getting rid of the Carbone dealership there. Another thing we don't need. Would love something for the family and or something for kids there also. Would be nice.

“Life's a Dance..... ”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

I believe Theresa Wojnas is the councilperson east of Genesee.
just a nobody wrote:
Some one needs to call the North Utica Councilperson? Do you know who that is? Was it Paparella? Everyone who is interests on more than stores, restaurants, but more family and entertainment establishments.

“Life's a Dance..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Dreaming and wishing is fine, but we need someone in the know to give us the email or website address of Pyramid to let them know what we really want. We certainly dont need anymore restaurants or shopping in this area. Lets make N. Utica the entertainment hub of the area. Concentrate on dance, performances, and kid friendly activities.
Curious wrote:
How About, I was thinking along your lines in my post about getting rid of the Carbone dealership there. Another thing we don't need. Would love something for the family and or something for kids there also. Would be nice.
Mary Elaine Dr

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

How's about roller skating, a gym, place to play badminton

“Life's a Dance..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

basketball court, indoor mini golf, volleyball, skateboarding, target shooting, archery, etc.
Mary Elaine Dr wrote:
How's about roller skating, a gym, place to play badminton
Read a book

Saint Johnsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

How about all you girls pool your cupcake money and buy Riverside. Then you might have half a snowball's chance in hell of seeing something "family" oriented there. Face the facts, 90% of the so called families in Utica consist of a mother, a child, and a caseworker.

“Life's a Dance..... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Nothing gets accomplished by complaining or criticizing others. Surely someone knows how to contact Pyramid, so a dialog can be started.
Read a book wrote:
How about all you girls pool your cupcake money and buy Riverside. Then you might have half a snowball's chance in hell of seeing something "family" oriented there. Face the facts, 90% of the so called families in Utica consist of a mother, a child, and a caseworker.
Curious

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Thats exactly what he does, criticize others........beware!!
Pyramid

Auburn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

You can contact us via our website, which I cannot post on here due to topix rules. google the pyramid companies. We would be more than happy to entertain ideas of "family oriented" places within our center. But keep in mind we can only seek out companies of this type or individuals willing to remodel one of our vacant spaces within the center. you have to present an idea to us, get the funding together, and don't forget the insurance. Please contact us as we do still have some vacancies in the Riverside complex.
jade

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

Roller rink would be great for the kids!!! Good way to keep them fit too.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

The new bass pro shop has rifles that shoot targets with a laser beam. I tried it a few times in Phoenix. Pretty cool and its only a buck.
Rocketman

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Don't laugh .. The new owners are looking into it..
Along with some other new plans..
People are sick of Sangertown and the nothing it has to offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Balcks are so ignorant lately 5 min chafton pork 10
Why Do Blacks Walk In The Middle Of The Road. (Dec '11) 7 min chafton pork 62
NO WORK BOOTS stolen IN ST LOUIS LOOTING 8 min chafton pork 7
WHY are NEGROES THE MOST DISGUSTING RACE ON EARTH 10 min chafton pork 7
Update On The Chip Plant 11 min chafton pork 2
GORILLAS vs SREGGIN GORILLAS LOOK BETTER SMARTER 12 min chafton pork 7
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 23 min phil 47
Police Officers 34 min Juno 14
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 56 min nano chafton shacks 93
utica aud 1 hr utica34 60