Did Tenney vote against economic development in her own dist.

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hello

Utica, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2014
Ad reported in local media
Different Drummer

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 2, 2014
hello wrote:
Ad reported in local media
This woman is a total idiot! Can someone please tell me what exactly she is FOR? She is taking some heavy duty drugs if she actually believes she has a future as an elected official in the Mohawk Valley. I for one wouldn't vote for her for dog catcher.
Shes Right

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2014
LOL here we go with the lies and twists by the parasites who prefer the phony status quo! Your tax bill will go up $322 a year to pay for the fake "nano nano" that doesn't even have an end user!

Way to go retards! Trust me it looks hilarious from here! Idiots yabbling and like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football!
Obvious

Utica, NY

#4 Apr 2, 2014
Shes Right wrote:
LOL here we go with the lies and twists by the parasites who prefer the phony status quo! Your tax bill will go up $322 a year to pay for the fake "nano nano" that doesn't even have an end user!
Way to go retards! Trust me it looks hilarious from here! Idiots yabbling and like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football!
Plain stupidity! Politics is all about bringing home tax dollars for your constituency.
This woman lends new meaning to the word worthless.
Strikeslip

Utica, NY

#5 Apr 2, 2014
If everyone is "bringing home tax dollars" for their constituency, that explains why the US is in debt up to its eyeballs, and why NY taxes are so high that NY has to bribe companies to come here. "Bringing home the bacon" is nothing more than taking from everyone to give to a few (politically connected cronies).
WIBX

Utica, NY

#6 Apr 2, 2014
Keeler highlighting this vote will only help her in the primary where the GOP faithful hate Cuomo and his game of handing out tax money as political rewards. He calls it "economic development" but real conservatives know it's abuse of our tax dollars and picking winners and losers. Keep highlighting it, Keeler. You're only helping her in the primary and showing the conservative base that she is the choice. The "insiders" that are telling you to attack her wouldn't vote for her no matter what she did, so pandering to them is useless.
you would suggest

Utica, NY

#8 Apr 3, 2014
Strikeslip wrote:
If everyone is "bringing home tax dollars" for their constituency, that explains why the US is in debt up to its eyeballs, and why NY taxes are so high that NY has to bribe companies to come here. "Bringing home the bacon" is nothing more than taking from everyone to give to a few (politically connected cronies).
You might prefer that our representatives NOT BRING HOME THE BACON, and leave our share for others to utilize. Interesting thought process.
Primary aside

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2014
WIBX wrote:
Keeler highlighting this vote will only help her in the primary where the GOP faithful hate Cuomo and his game of handing out tax money as political rewards. He calls it "economic development" but real conservatives know it's abuse of our tax dollars and picking winners and losers. Keep highlighting it, Keeler. You're only helping her in the primary and showing the conservative base that she is the choice. The "insiders" that are telling you to attack her wouldn't vote for her no matter what she did, so pandering to them is useless.
GOP understands that if Tenney wins the primary, GOP loses the seat. They will not allow
that to happen. At least have an understanding of politics before you post.
Obvious

Utica, NY

#11 Apr 3, 2014
Relocated Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
This thought process happened before. One huge example was the USSR. It didn't work.
Hopelessly misinformed.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#12 Apr 3, 2014
I give Claudia credit -- she voted against a rigged-bundle budget package that contained a lot of crap.

It was bundled by the career-legislators and career-legislative staff members precisely for that purpose. If a legislator wants to vote for some things they like, they have to vote for crap they don't like. Most of that crap benefits only the legislators, staff and bureaucrats while the rest of us suffer as we pay for it.
Wake up

Utica, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2014
frankcor wrote:
I give Claudia credit -- she voted against a rigged-bundle budget package that contained a lot of crap.
It was bundled by the career-legislators and career-legislative staff members precisely for that purpose. If a legislator wants to vote for some things they like, they have to vote for crap they don't like. Most of that crap benefits only the legislators, staff and bureaucrats while the rest of us suffer as we pay for it.
They already have your tax money. This was an opportunity to return a large portion to this district, and she chose not to. It is moronic in its stupidity.
WIBX

Utica, NY

#14 Apr 3, 2014
Primary aside wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP understands that if Tenney wins the primary, GOP loses the seat. They will not allow
that to happen. At least have an understanding of politics before you post.
Really smart guy? There is no Democrat in the race. The winner of the Primary is the next Congressman/woman. And Claudia, despite the liberal Republicans (Picente, Griffo, Hobaica, Hanna, etc.) BS, has proven she can win elections. She has beaten them time and again. George Joseph thought he could win with attacks on her being too tough in 2010. 57% later Claudia showed him that the GOP base wants a principled and touch conservative. But they still don't get it.

Again, keep up the attacks for her being too conservative. It only helps her in the primary.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#15 Apr 3, 2014
Wake up wrote:
<quoted text>
They already have your tax money. This was an opportunity to return a large portion to this district, and she chose not to. It is moronic in its stupidity.
That is exactly the kind of short sightedness that put you in 50th place with the highest taxes and most corrupt and dysfunctional state gov around. Keep digging that hole and ask yourself if you're really ready to bank your children's futures on it after seeing decades of the same phony promises and lies. Not my problem.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#16 Apr 3, 2014
frankcor wrote:
I give Claudia credit -- she voted against a rigged-bundle budget package that contained a lot of crap.
It was bundled by the career-legislators and career-legislative staff members precisely for that purpose. If a legislator wants to vote for some things they like, they have to vote for crap they don't like. Most of that crap benefits only the legislators, staff and bureaucrats while the rest of us suffer as we pay for it.
Bingo. They actually forgot that all the hundreds of millions funneled to select EDGE affiliated gweedos over the last twenty years haven't left much of a notable mark and it's STILL #1 on the highest taxed, most gweedo constricted state most people ever see.!
primary aside

Utica, NY

#17 Apr 3, 2014
WIBX wrote:
<quoted text>
Really smart guy? There is no Democrat in the race. The winner of the Primary is the next Congressman/woman. And Claudia, despite the liberal Republicans (Picente, Griffo, Hobaica, Hanna, etc.) BS, has proven she can win elections. She has beaten them time and again. George Joseph thought he could win with attacks on her being too tough in 2010. 57% later Claudia showed him that the GOP base wants a principled and touch conservative. But they still don't get it.
Again, keep up the attacks for her being too conservative. It only helps her in the primary.
You sound like a "touch conservative" yourself. All of your reactionary friends spend too much time touching yourselves.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#18 Apr 3, 2014
Works on utica liberals too!

"It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.

Outsider "I think it's only worth 1.1 million"

Typical utican loser "Well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo!!!"

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#19 Apr 4, 2014
Wake up wrote:
They already have your tax money. This was an opportunity to return a large portion to this district, and she chose not to. It is moronic in its stupidity.
Perhaps you learned arithmetic prior to the new dumbed-down curriculum and can answer the following question:

They take $100 out of our pockets in Oneida and send it to Albany where they consume $10 on their bloated bureaucracy, waste $10 on inefficiency and spend an additional $10 on crony-capitalism.

And now we're supposed to be grateful that they send $70 back to us?

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#20 Apr 4, 2014
Ooops, Oneida --> Oneida County
wake up

Utica, NY

#21 Apr 4, 2014
frankcor wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you learned arithmetic prior to the new dumbed-down curriculum and can answer the following question:
They take $100 out of our pockets in Oneida and send it to Albany where they consume $10 on their bloated bureaucracy, waste $10 on inefficiency and spend an additional $10 on crony-capitalism.
And now we're supposed to be grateful that they send $70 back to us?
No arithmetic, just common sense. Take back what you can, or leave everything there. You can leave it all there, I'll take mine back. Who's the moron?
Real Cheese

Utica, NY

#22 Apr 4, 2014
I am Republican and will be voting for Tenney in June.

Richard is too liberal. He won't do what conservative traditionalists in the party ask him to do, things like sponsor a bill that English is the official language in the US.(He has been asked multiple times by many.) He's too scared of the President and doesn't want to get on his enemies list.

I say put Tenney in the spot now and let her stay there for years to get seniority, that is the only thing that brings back hefty Federal dollars to a Congressional district. Hanna simply won't be there that much longer, he's frankly too old to stay long enough to do us any good.

Think about it. A good conservative Republican in the seat.

Also I predict the nastiest of nasty dirt in the whole race will arise from the Hanna camp, not Tenney.(It's already started!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wktv 7 min buttmuncher 3
Keith Turner 30 min Jason 1
Serious car accident in Utica 1 hr Mortified 21
How's abusive UPD Eddy Smith's new "marriage" g... 2 hr dick 3
A Dilema What Would YOU DO if... 2 hr nortutica 2
Bill Nichols 2 hr lilj435 3
Who is husmira? 2 hr SamIam 5
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 3 hr Clarity 377
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 3 hr DUH DUH DUH Utican 378
AHL Expanding West 3 hr DUH DUH DUH Utican 65
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:47 am PST

NFL10:47AM
Cruz: Thought of playing with Beckham motivates me
NBC Sports11:06 AM
Preston Parker fined $15,000 for role in brawl with Rams
ESPN12:17 PM
Giants' Jenkins irked after getting $16K fine
CBS Sports12:18 PM
Giants punter Steve Weatherford gets drug tested on Christmas Eve
NBC Sports12:47 PM
6 Giants fined by NFL for actions in Rams game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:53 PM
Smith sees himself as Jets' QB 'for a long time' - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports12:53 PM
Smith sees being Jets' QB for long time
ESPN 1:16 PM
QB Smith wants to be part of Jets' 'solution'
NBC Sports 2:19 PM
Jackson seeks to spark Bills' pedestrian run game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:26 PM
Top-seeded Pats focus on regular-season finale - NBC Sports