Common Decency...where is it!?!?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
apocalyptic not

Longmeadow, MA

#1 Oct 10, 2011
Why can't people treat each other with basic respect anymore?
Open doors for ladies
Ease up on road rage
Take time to notice what other people might need
Don't take advantage of people
Stop the bulls h I it name-calling on this site

Of course...I know that this thread will bring a bunch of haters and people who feel the need to put this idea down. But...what if...we just stop for a minute and once a day or once a week or....whatever. just once act like decent human beings toward each other?

This is a thread to encourage common decency and some basic human etiquette ...
true

Utica, NY

#2 Oct 10, 2011
apocalyptic not wrote:
Why can't people treat each other with basic respect anymore?
Open doors for ladies
Ease up on road rage
Take time to notice what other people might need
Don't take advantage of people
Stop the bulls h I it name-calling on this site

Of course...I know that this thread will bring a bunch of haters and people who feel the need to put this idea down. But...what if...we just stop for a minute and once a day or once a week or....whatever. just once act like decent human beings toward each other?

This is a thread to encourage common decency and some basic human etiquette ...
Thank you. My girlfriend and I have been going through some rough times. We both struggle with trying to stay positive in an area where little hope exists. Living here is not a quality of life despite how active we both are. The negative attitudes found on topix are a fairly good indicator of how others feel as well. Your post was very refreshing for a change. Thank you for being positive.
Please Go

Baldwinsville, NY

#3 Oct 10, 2011
fcuk yourself and boo fcukin hoo that you and your pig girlfriend are going through some "rough times" Go find a VERY TALL building and see if you can fly! And you are fcukin welcome
point proven

Longmeadow, MA

#4 Oct 11, 2011
Please Go wrote:
fcuk yourself and boo fcukin hoo that you and your pig girlfriend are going through some "rough times" Go find a VERY TALL building and see if you can fly! And you are fcukin welcome
No way you would ever say that to someone's face
Wayside

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 11, 2011
point proven wrote:
<quoted text>
No way you would ever say that to someone's face
Ya think?
Where and When

Newark, NY

#6 Oct 11, 2011
Oh, you bet I would. You are just another internet crybaby with your schoolyard comeback. If you have no quality of life, maybe you can find quality of death. Now, hold hands and JUMP.
Gone but not forgotten

Watertown, NY

#7 Oct 11, 2011
Unfortunately, common courtesy and morals have both gone down the same path....still out there, if you look hard enough, but not in abundance. Most people today think it is their right and privilege to do whatever they want, and damn anyone who gets in their way.
Bayless loves cheese

Baldwinsville, NY

#8 Oct 11, 2011
I eats lots of da brick cheese
I said PLEASE

Baldwinsville, NY

#9 Oct 11, 2011
point proven wrote:
<quoted text>
No way you would ever say that to someone's face
Why is that?? I'm sure you wouldnt even get out from behind your mom's fat ass and say anything...so PLEASE go fcuk yourself,your mom,sister, daddy and dog and die!Thank You very much
Trick Rick

Utica, NY

#10 Oct 11, 2011
I said PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>Why is that?? I'm sure you wouldnt even get out from behind your mom's fat ass and say anything...so PLEASE go fcuk yourself,your mom,sister, daddy and dog and die!Thank You very much
Truth hurt? You always have a lot of scum to say when you hide behind YOUR computer. "*I know you are but what am I?* dont work here people are older than 7. Man up you talk a lotta stupid baby babble when you hide but I know you wont say that to me or anyone.
Thick Dick

Newark, NY

#11 Oct 11, 2011
Same old cyber challenge. You are a tough S.O.B. aren't you? Move along punk or you'll get your azz kicked.
Trick Rick

Utica, NY

#12 Oct 11, 2011
Trick Rick wrote:
<quoted text>Truth hurt? You always have a lot of scum to say when you hide behind YOUR computer. "*I know you are but what am I?* dont work here people are older than 7. Man up you talk a lotta stupid baby babble when you hide but I know you wont say that to me or anyone.
Same old refusal to name the time and place coward. Name it! I'm in utica and will meet you anywhere anytime but you gotta leave your gang at home deal? Moron.

Level 2

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#13 Oct 11, 2011
Why do people get off on being so mean to each other? I do not get how that makes you feel sooooo much better about yourself. Hey look at me I am so cool I can tell these people to jump off a building and call them names wow aren't I so awesome. Look at me I am so damm cool I can't stop myself from being mean all day long. Seriously, what is it with you people that makes you want to treat others so badly? MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!
new hartford

Rome, NY

#14 Oct 11, 2011
common decency isn't known to MOST who post here. If they had to give their names to post these obscenities they wouldn't have the guts

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Oct 11, 2011
All this started with Rikki Lake. Blame Rikki Lake.
Laughing

Rome, NY

#16 Oct 11, 2011
Gone but not forgotten wrote:
Unfortunately, common courtesy and morals have both gone down the same path....still out there, if you look hard enough, but not in abundance. Most people today think it is their right and privilege to do whatever they want, and damn anyone who gets in their way.
Respect, common courtesy, morals and kindness are initially taught in the home when the child is old enough to understand; usually no later than the age of 2.

Another step towards a child becoming an adult with these attributes is belonging to a Church of God and becoming an active member of a Church that will also help to reinforce these admirable qualities.

Life is NOT about me, me, me, me!
agreed

Worcester, MA

#17 Oct 11, 2011
Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>Respect, common courtesy, morals and kindness are initially taught in the home when the child is old enough to understand; usually no later than the age of 2.
Another step towards a child becoming an adult with these attributes is belonging to a Church of God and becoming an active member of a Church that will also help to reinforce these admirable qualities.
Life is NOT about me, me, me, me!
But even those who grew up agnostic or atheist have decent people among them. Im not knocking religion by any means. I just don't think its a requirement for a moral foundation and basic respect for other human beings. Although...it does go a long way toward teaching the golden rule. Unfortunately, so many people think that is "treat others as they treat you" or "eye for an eye". Too bad
agreed

Worcester, MA

#18 Oct 11, 2011
Please Go wrote:
fcuk yourself and boo fcukin hoo that you and your pig girlfriend are going through some "rough times" Go find a VERY TALL building and see if you can fly! And you are fcukin welcome
Question for you...you don't even know this person and yet you want them to die? Really? You would actually get a kick out of seeing them jump from a building and die? For real?
Laughing

Baldwinsville, NY

#19 Oct 11, 2011
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Question for you...you don't even know this person and yet you want them to die? Really? You would actually get a kick out of seeing them jump from a building and die? For real?
I dont know you but I hope you go fcuk yourself and die...Please!And if you would please go jump off a very tall building would you please tape it and post it on UTUBE??? Thank you very much;)And gee gosh I'd sure get a kick out of that!!!!
DRN
Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#20 Oct 11, 2011
Manners and courtesy still exist in the real world. Yes, they are becoming more rare, but you'll never see it here.

I call older men "Sir" or "Mr._______" unless directed different by them. I call all women I don't know "Ma'am." I hold doors open for women and the elderly. I say "please" and "thank you" when appropriate. I smile at people. I help pick up things that someone drops. I give directions when asked. I ask if help is needed or if a ride is needed. I help family and friends in whatever forms of help they need. I donate effort, money and time to charities. I give rides to veterans for their medical appointments when I can.

But all of you have seen the childish names I've been called here, and all the false things said about me and my life posted here. They don't even know my name, yet they post things that they say are true about me. Others have been subjected to the same treatment as you can see in the posts above. That will never change.

Its too easy for the posters with zero self-esteem to engage in character assassination from afar because they know they'll never have to face any consequences for what they say. They see the ugly truth about themselves and their lives, and being disgusted, embarrassed and frustrated by that, they turn their anger on others. They try and paint others as they are themselves in a vain effort to feel better about themselves, again and most importantly, from afar free of consequences.

Chivalry isn't dead. Sick, depressed and tired, maybe, but not dead. You'll see it from a very few people here, but not from most.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
global DIDN'T USE THE COMIC SITE THEY DIDN'T EV... 6 min Big Hipped Utican 3
Earl and Jennifer Scofield (Nov '12) 7 min it is what it is 39
Robert T Oliveira 12 min Big Hipped Utican 21
stop RUNNING FROM ME BOBBY I MUST HAVE UR LOVE (Jun '14) 18 min Big Hipped Utican 27
Instill cNt find Frguson on a map though NOT U... 19 min Big Hipped Utican 16
utica national (Jun '13) 1 hr Jethro 654
Utica named top 10 cities to live in the world 1 hr ROLOL 40
Serious car accident in Utica 2 hr Fat Diabetic Utican 38
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 2 hr Fat Diabetic Utican 419
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 12 hr Diabetic Utican 381

Flood Warning for Oneida County was issued at December 25 at 10:23PM EST

Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:10PM
Breaking Down Giants Game Plan vs. Eagles
Bleacher Report 9:00 PM
Breaking Down Jets Game Plan vs. Dolphins
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Odell Beckham picks up $10,000 fine
NBC Sports 4:41 AM
Rex Ryan thinks Aaron Donald can't hold Sheldon Richardson's jock
NFL 7:57 AM
Geno Smith: I see myself as Jets' QB for a long time
NBC Sports 8:18 AM
Geno Smith: I'm part of the problem, I want to be part of the solution
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Beckham Definition of Special Talent
Bleacher Report 5:30 PM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants: Complete Week 17 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 7:03 PM
2014 NFL Draft Picks Who Already Look Like Home Runs