utica national
Stanley

Ashburn, VA

#237 Dec 9, 2013
Frank's a headhunter.We all knew that.
Christmas Party

Albany, NY

#238 Dec 12, 2013
Was wondering? Are we having a christmas party this year? Can't wait..
Get a life

Saranac Lake, NY

#239 Dec 13, 2013
If we have a Christmas party they will charge us. Or maybe have it during work and make us charge PTO. the new policy is s t u p i d.
Good luck to anyone with kids. God forbid they get sick.
Bruce

Ashburn, VA

#240 Dec 14, 2013
This is how they get rid of ppl.
slim

Utica, NY

#241 Dec 14, 2013
Did doug rectify the situation with letting go of 45-50 employees before christmas? Maybe he had a change of heart? Probably not though. The dude is out of control. For the company to survive the board needd to really purge management. That includes me. Lol.

Since: Dec 13

Utica, NY

#243 Dec 16, 2013
Slim wrote:

"Did doug rectify the situation with letting go of 45-50 employees before christmas? Maybe he had a change of heart? Probably not though. The dude is out of control. For the company to survive the board needd to really purge management. That includes me. Lol."

Nothing to rectify since it never happened. Someone called WKTV with the falsehood and they reported on it despite our contacting them with the truth.

Get your facts right before you post on Topix. If you want to opine on me our our company, go ahead. I'll never respond. But when there are factual errors posted, Topix will hear from me.

Our company practice hasn't changed in the time I've been in management. We add and eliminate jobs when and where business needs dictate. As reported here and elsewhere, 50 people were not let go a few weeks ago. When I looked on Friday, we have 26 job openings (almost all full time with benefits) listed on www.uticanational.com .

If you want any more info, call me.

P.S. I'm posting using my initials since my postings using my name go missing.
concerned citizen

Whitesboro, NY

#244 Dec 16, 2013
JDR7342677 wrote:
Slim wrote:
"Did doug rectify the situation with letting go of 45-50 employees before christmas? Maybe he had a change of heart? Probably not though. The dude is out of control. For the company to survive the board needd to really purge management. That includes me. Lol."
Nothing to rectify since it never happened. Someone called WKTV with the falsehood and they reported on it despite our contacting them with the truth.
Get your facts right before you post on Topix. If you want to opine on me our our company, go ahead. I'll never respond. But when there are factual errors posted, Topix will hear from me.
Our company practice hasn't changed in the time I've been in management. We add and eliminate jobs when and where business needs dictate. As reported here and elsewhere, 50 people were not let go a few weeks ago. When I looked on Friday, we have 26 job openings (almost all full time with benefits) listed on www.uticanational.com .
If you want any more info, call me.
P.S. I'm posting using my initials since my postings using my name go missing.
Ask mike kosowski who his wife is banging this week?
employee

Utica, NY

#245 Dec 17, 2013
JDR7342677 wrote:
Slim wrote:
"Did doug rectify the situation with letting go of 45-50 employees before christmas? Maybe he had a change of heart? Probably not though. The dude is out of control. For the company to survive the board needd to really purge management. That includes me. Lol."
Nothing to rectify since it never happened. Someone called WKTV with the falsehood and they reported on it despite our contacting them with the truth.
Get your facts right before you post on Topix. If you want to opine on me our our company, go ahead. I'll never respond. But when there are factual errors posted, Topix will hear from me.
Our company practice hasn't changed in the time I've been in management. We add and eliminate jobs when and where business needs dictate. As reported here and elsewhere, 50 people were not let go a few weeks ago. When I looked on Friday, we have 26 job openings (almost all full time with benefits) listed on www.uticanational.com .
If you want any more info, call me.
P.S. I'm posting using my initials since my postings using my name go missing.
Jd. Your statement is incorrect. Originally they gave x amount of employees 30 days. The next day, wktv showed up at the door step and management changed there tune. As for the 26 job postings can u give some more details on those jobs. Is it the same pay? Are all those people being slotted into those positions? Do they have to take an exam? basically those are 26 bogus jobs. You should be so proud to work for such a reputable company that does the right things. Just for your own knowledge there are many former employees, agents, policyholders, and other business who think the opposite. I can't wait to hear from you and your thoughts. I imagine you will be contacting Mike A for some pointers. I hope doug is paying ot for monitoring topix while working.

Since: Dec 13

Utica, NY

#246 Dec 17, 2013
employee wrote:

"Jd. Your statement is incorrect. Originally they gave x amount of employees 30 days. The next day, wktv showed up at the door step and management changed there tune. As for the 26 job postings can u give some more details on those jobs. Is it the same pay? Are all those people being slotted into those positions? Do they have to take an exam? basically those are 26 bogus jobs. You should be so proud to work for such a reputable company that does the right things. Just for your own knowledge there are many former employees, agents, policyholders, and other business who think the opposite. I can't wait to hear from you and your thoughts. I imagine you will be contacting Mike A for some pointers. I hope doug is paying ot for monitoring topix while working."

There is so many falsehoods in what you wrote, I am not going to point them all out on Topix. Call me and we can discuss them, point by point. Any reader of your post is free to call me for the truth as well.

I get it that you have a beef with Utica National. You may post as many opinions as you want and I'll never respond. However, you need to keep to the facts. Again, call me if you are interested in the truth. If you don't want the truth and want to keep sullying the reputation of a fine company, that's up to you.

BTW…give everyone your name so everyone will know who you are. If what you say is correct, there is no reason to hide behind a screen name, is there?
employee

Utica, NY

#247 Dec 17, 2013
JDR7342677 wrote:
employee wrote:
"Jd. Your statement is incorrect. Originally they gave x amount of employees 30 days. The next day, wktv showed up at the door step and management changed there tune. As for the 26 job postings can u give some more details on those jobs. Is it the same pay? Are all those people being slotted into those positions? Do they have to take an exam? basically those are 26 bogus jobs. You should be so proud to work for such a reputable company that does the right things. Just for your own knowledge there are many former employees, agents, policyholders, and other business who think the opposite. I can't wait to hear from you and your thoughts. I imagine you will be contacting Mike A for some pointers. I hope doug is paying ot for monitoring topix while working."
There is so many falsehoods in what you wrote, I am not going to point them all out on Topix. Call me and we can discuss them, point by point. Any reader of your post is free to call me for the truth as well.
I get it that you have a beef with Utica National. You may post as many opinions as you want and I'll never respond. However, you need to keep to the facts. Again, call me if you are interested in the truth. If you don't want the truth and want to keep sullying the reputation of a fine company, that's up to you.
BTW…give everyone your name so everyone will know who you are. If what you say is correct, there is no reason to hide behind a screen name, is there?
Jd. Its the truth. Wake up and smell the coffee. let me know of a time and place so we can discuss the issues posted and others. I have no problem to do so. in fact, bring doug with you. I sure can give u some pointers on ethical behavior.
Really

Ilion, NY

#249 Dec 18, 2013
If it's so bad there why don't you leave? Companies need to change to keep up. Do you do things the same as you did 20 years ago? The only fault I can find is maybe they waited too long and now we're forced to make significant changes to stay in the game.
Interested Tracker

Melbourne, FL

#250 Dec 18, 2013
Really wrote:
If it's so bad there why don't you leave? Companies need to change to keep up. Do you do things the same as you did 20 years ago? The only fault I can find is maybe they waited too long and now we're forced to make significant changes to stay in the game.
Very good point. Times have changed. And sometimes the speed of change overwhelms all the best intentions by any management team no matter what type of business you are in.
employee

Utica, NY

#251 Dec 18, 2013
Correct times have changed. However, terminating/firing/laying off is not due to this. Its due to the mistakes of management.
Christmas and New Years

Syracuse, NY

#252 Dec 19, 2013
I'd love to hear this years time off schedule. Is everyone working Christmas Eve and New Years Eve? Or has the Grinch decided you must work those days. Oh and don't forget maybe just maybe if you're good you can all go home early NOT. So thankful I'm OUT. Just like a prison there. I miss some of the people but that's about it
observe then dispatch

United States

#253 Dec 19, 2013
Hey if they are that ungrateful sign me up...I need a job
Yes

Brighton, MA

#254 Dec 20, 2013
Yup
Yes

Brighton, MA

#255 Dec 20, 2013
Yes
am best

Utica, NY

#256 Dec 24, 2013
Whats the word on un financials? Is flounders group heading for another downgrade??? Eliminating/terminating employees and changing the pto/sick time should help out. I am sure Doug is in-store for another bonus on top of his salary for doing a terrific job. Can't wait to see what changes management will bring in for the new year
Corporate USA

Utica, NY

#257 Dec 25, 2013
Get a load of Doug Robinson asking people who work for his company to give him a call about their gripes, or better yet, post their names on this forum. What a bully. Yes, all Utica National employees, post your name on this forum and see how fast you become former Utica National employees. Nothing like asking people to ruin their lives because you don't like their opinions.

What arrogance. Robinson, a multimillionaire member in good standing of our guilded gentry, can post his name here with no repercussions. His multimillion dollar a year salary will be safe no matter what he writes here, even if it is completely idiotic. Mr Tough Talker wouldn't be so brave if he thought there was a one in a billion chance of getting sh.t canned for giving his opinion here. And everyone knows it. But in his self inflated, egotistical fat mind, he actually thinks he's doing something courageous by putting his business number here. Ooooooh, how brave of him. LOL.

He's the Ron Burgandy of corporate CEOs. A half witted bafoon who actually thinks he has something more than half a brain.
Truth

Utica, NY

#258 Dec 25, 2013
Doug, hate to break the new. However, your company and UN are no longer a fine reputable company... Maybe you should look your own advice from linkedin and look in the mirror every day. Your company and UN has gone drastically down hill since you took over and installed your goon gang. Its nice people can make postings somewhere and not get bullied. That's how you and UN handle things. My opinion is that you and others are a disgrace.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 10 min just wondering 25
Marlena Tran 18 min Nick 2
Biggest RAT in ufd 28 min Truth 27
Where Is Hillary 29 min Hiding 1
Angela dalesandro 38 min Black 7
Does Pat Collea have a girlfriend? 47 min Nacho cheese 19
Samantha Cruikshank (May '11) 1 hr im a man duh 3
Sam wessing 4 hr Yeap another skin... 27
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 7 hr j3333rd 235
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 17 hr Uh huh 22
Valley View Tue I'm pretty sure 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages