Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Sign it wrote:
Thanks for the link. My wife and I both signed.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Agreed wrote:
Great post. I'm also a gun owner, hunter , and collector. As is my grandfather, my father. Both my children enjoy shooting sports . They learned safety, discipline, marksmanship with me right by their side. They understand what a gun is and how to use one with responsibility. They didn't learn that through video games, or shows that glorify violence.
As a family we enjoy going to the shooting range and my children both shoot in junior NRA precision rifle matches that are done with military style rifles.
Being a parent and seeing what happened to the children in Conneticut was too hard to watch. Too heart breaking for any parent. The gun isn't the problem . Losing control of what our children are thinking, doing that's the issue.
I'm wondering how many young lives underage drinking and smoking takes from us every year. How many seven year olds have been killed because mom or dad didnt know when they had enough.
Why can't the damn liberals see your perfect logic?
American

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the link. My wife and I both signed.
I just hope this petition and the legal challenge being taken up by a western NY Attorney will make a difference. Cuomo went too far and needs to be put in his place.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

American wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hope this petition and the legal challenge being taken up by a western NY Attorney will make a difference. Cuomo went too far and needs to be put in his place.
Agreed!
Rolling Block

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Good post. Coumo made criminals out of law abiding people but wants to turn criminals into law abiding people by legalizing marijuana. And don't tell me how many bullets I need to kill a deer. Coumo has an ego that is off the charts, as do most politicians! "I own a Remington shotgun. I've shot". Yeah o.k. You grew up in a mansion. You've been protected by the very guns you don't want me to own.
Once I retire I'm headed south. Gun shops are going out of business. You've essentially closed them down. I know that's what you wanted there Andy. You don't deserve an ounce of respect. A law was rushed to be signed without proper review. I don't know how these politicians look in the mirror.

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Rolling Block wrote:
Good post. Coumo made criminals out of law abiding people but wants to turn criminals into law abiding people by legalizing marijuana. And don't tell me how many bullets I need to kill a deer. Coumo has an ego that is off the charts, as do most politicians! "I own a Remington shotgun. I've shot". Yeah o.k. You grew up in a mansion. You've been protected by the very guns you don't want me to own.
Once I retire I'm headed south. Gun shops are going out of business. You've essentially closed them down. I know that's what you wanted there Andy. You don't deserve an ounce of respect. A law was rushed to be signed without proper review. I don't know how these politicians look in the mirror.
Easy: Vampires have no reflection.
American

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

But thank you to the 18 Senators who voted their conscience. Don't know ahout the Assembly since the vote count is unavailable
Best

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

It's discusting how what's good for me and my family isn't for the governor. I am limited to so many rounds and now certain types of firearms I am no longer Able to purchase.

Meanwhile. This absolute douche of a governor is surrounded all day by a protective detail of heavily armed and highly trained select members of the NYSP. How nice. Glad we are all paying for that. And I'm sure they have any magazines and types of weapons there heart desires.

Doesn't even the most leftist of liberals think this is a blatant slap to their very publicly stated position of disarmament? If less guns and less ammo in magazines are so safe then let's see our leaders follow it for themselves!

Same goes for POTUS. Another hypocrite. What this country has become would make our ancestors vomit
iloveny

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Rolling Block wrote:
Ex post facto
Well Well Well

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't the damn liberals see your perfect logic?
Please put your broad brush away. You'd consider me a "liberal" for many of my stances but I'm right there with you on this issue.
patriot

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Best wrote:
It's discusting how what's good for me and my family isn't for the governor. I am limited to so many rounds and now certain types of firearms I am no longer Able to purchase.
Meanwhile. This absolute douche of a governor is surrounded all day by a protective detail of heavily armed and highly trained select members of the NYSP. How nice. Glad we are all paying for that. And I'm sure they have any magazines and types of weapons there heart desires.
Doesn't even the most leftist of liberals think this is a blatant slap to their very publicly stated position of disarmament? If less guns and less ammo in magazines are so safe then let's see our leaders follow it for themselves!
Same goes for POTUS. Another hypocrite. What this country has become would make our ancestors vomit
The Founders are shaking their heads.
Freebie the Bean

Moravia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Just saying wrote:
We need to start a recall action on this Gov.
<quoted text>
Good luck with that sh*t...buy a few Powerball tickets while yer at it..your luck will be better.
Andrew the Pious created this bill to show the country that NYS cares and we're doing something. It will do absolutely NOTHING to stop any future tragedies like this. He ran this up the flag pole to see if it will play across the country when he runs for prez in 4 years. His primary fight with Hillary will be just as bloody and dirty as it was with Carl McCall back in 2002 when he ran for gov. Two knee-jerk liberals running to see who can promise the welfare trash in NY more free handouts. Remember, he is not a dope - he is the pope.
American

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Please put your broad brush away. You'd consider me a "liberal" for many of my stances but I'm right there with you on this issue.
I agree. I know many conservatives who hold some liberal views. And vice versa. We all need to remember that we are Americans first

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Then obviously wasn't talking about you...
Andrew

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Freebie the Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that sh*t...buy a few Powerball tickets while yer at it..your luck will be better.
Andrew the Pious created this bill to show the country that NYS cares and we're doing something. It will do absolutely NOTHING to stop any future tragedies like this. He ran this up the flag pole to see if it will play across the country when he runs for prez in 4 years. His primary fight with Hillary will be just as bloody and dirty as it was with Carl McCall back in 2002 when he ran for gov. Two knee-jerk liberals running to see who can promise the welfare trash in NY more free handouts. Remember, he is not a dope - he is the pope.
I got all of you right where I want you!

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Gun dealer wrote:
<quoted text>
When registration allows the gumbermint to take Friday sample magazine holder into 2nd mendment to sell my wares. Its not right for anybody to bramble gun after plenty gone on Albany for votes on prezident. If sandy hook flag contest vehicle manti teo when I go home fit into my house. Guns and people want moving parts for trailer ubrella issue permits. Background checks are into house and garae sand bags.
Oh My GOD!!!!! WTF was that?
You used the Name "Gun Dealer", is this accurate?
It is no wonder we have a Gun Crime problem in this Country. Based on your inability to string together a coherent series of very small words, YOU and anyone as ignorant as you, should be kept as far away from Guns as possible.
Sell your Guns and go back to school, learn take some remedial reading courses.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

American wrote:
First...I am a Republican, Conservative (for the most part), White, Catholic, of Irish ethnicity, and an avid hunter and gun owner. So that makes me a criminal and. espicible human being right out of the gate. Oh well.
I will not sit here and rant about "them" coming for my guns or about Sandy Hook being a false flag, or about any other conspiracies that the "evil Left" is perpetrating on us.
However...I must comment on the completely arrogant assault on our basic freedoms by Governor Coumo. He is not looking out for our safety. He is not looking to protect children. He is not going to reduce crime. The only thing he was really aiming for was to upstage Bara k Obama and make it look like NY was leading the charge on gun control.
He has his eyes on the white house and he is using sandy hook and the children who perished as an excuse to curb legitjmate ownership of firearms.
The favorite theme seems to be "you dont NEED asssault rifles and you dont NEED high capacity magazines."
Ok. Maybe so. But what if I want them. I thought this was America. I also dont need a Hummer H2 or a pack of cigarettes or beer or a bottle of wine. But no one limits my access to them. Nor do they demand a ban when those things cause thousands of deaths either alone or combined.
You also dont see 1st amendment rights abridged in the way that 2nd amendment rights are. Do we gag movie goers before entering a theater just to prevent them from screaming "fire?" No. We punish them after the fact for breaking the law.
Thats my problem with gun control. It is one of very few regulatory themes that seeks to pre-empt EVERYONE. It assumes that none can be trusted. Most legitimate gun owners are law abiding citizens and should not be questioned for their need or desire to own whatever small arms they want.
Gun control advocates assume that they know best who needs to own what and they disregard an American's Constitutional right to choose what they WANT. Sorry. But i think i know best what i need and what i want and i will exercise my God given right to choose those which I and my God deem appropriate.
The Governor is dead wrong for imposing his twisted will and he will have to answer for it.
Dont tread on me!!
God please save New York and the United States of America!
You said,"Ok. Maybe so. But what if I want them. I thought this was America. I also dont need a Hummer H2 or a pack of cigarettes or beer or a bottle of wine. But no one limits my access to them. Nor do they demand a ban when those things cause thousands of deaths either alone or combined"

Access to these thing IS restricted.
There is NOT a BAN on Guns.
There is no Insurance if someone steals your Gun and kills.

You need to Register and Insure your Hummer. We are struggling as a Nation with the Health Care costs related to Smoking, and Alcohol. This statement is an example of the necessity of Regulations. Thanks.
American

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>You said,"Ok. Maybe so. But what if I want them. I thought this was America. I also dont need a Hummer H2 or a pack of cigarettes or beer or a bottle of wine. But no one limits my access to them. Nor do they demand a ban when those things cause thousands of deaths either alone or combined"
Access to these thing IS restricted.
There is NOT a BAN on Guns.
There is no Insurance if someone steals your Gun and kills.
You need to Register and Insure your Hummer. We are struggling as a Nation with the Health Care costs related to Smoking, and Alcohol. This statement is an example of the necessity of Regulations. Thanks.
Registering and insuring my vehicle does not work to prevent deaths due to drunk driving though. Do they? So how will registering my firearms stop further tragedies like Sandy Hook? Perhaps we should require all automobiles manufactured after 1/1/13 to have a breath analyzing i terlock device as standarx equipment? Because you never know who might drink and drive.
American

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Sorry. That was supposed to say "interlock device as standard equipment."
I dont want the topix spell checker secret agent viscount to come looking for me. Shhhhh!!!
Carl

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

If our governor tried this they would have shot him down here. It is a sin what they did to Remington with this. Dump Coumo or NY will die.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

146 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
why NEGROES HAVE THE HIGHEST RATE OF DISEASE 2 min BUGSFODINNER 2
riggie WHAT TRIBE WAS YOUR NEGRO MAMMY FROM 6 min KNAUCKSON ground 1
oh SREGGIN BIGGEST CRIMINLAS RA PEING BABIES 7 min KNAUCKSON ground 3
pubs ON HEAD DO THEY CUT BAGS WHEN KEEPING HAIR... 8 min KNAUCKSON ground 1
black cat bar & grill (Jan '09) 9 min KNAUCKSON ground 47
africa WHERE YOU CAN RA PE BABIES ALL DAY LONG 10 min KNAUCKSON ground 3
attn WHEN WILL OBAMA HAVE JOBS FOR OBSESSED PAR... 12 min theogroaa 7
WKTV's new broadcast desk 14 min theogroaa 56
ConMed under siege? 15 min theogroaa 16