Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

First...I am a Republican, Conservative (for the most part), White, Catholic, of Irish ethnicity, and an avid hunter and gun owner. So that makes me a criminal and. espicible human being right out of the gate. Oh well.

I will not sit here and rant about "them" coming for my guns or about Sandy Hook being a false flag, or about any other conspiracies that the "evil Left" is perpetrating on us.

However...I must comment on the completely arrogant assault on our basic freedoms by Governor Coumo. He is not looking out for our safety. He is not looking to protect children. He is not going to reduce crime. The only thing he was really aiming for was to upstage Bara k Obama and make it look like NY was leading the charge on gun control.

He has his eyes on the white house and he is using sandy hook and the children who perished as an excuse to curb legitjmate ownership of firearms.

The favorite theme seems to be "you dont NEED asssault rifles and you dont NEED high capacity magazines."

Ok. Maybe so. But what if I want them. I thought this was America. I also dont need a Hummer H2 or a pack of cigarettes or beer or a bottle of wine. But no one limits my access to them. Nor do they demand a ban when those things cause thousands of deaths either alone or combined.

You also dont see 1st amendment rights abridged in the way that 2nd amendment rights are. Do we gag movie goers before entering a theater just to prevent them from screaming "fire?" No. We punish them after the fact for breaking the law.

Thats my problem with gun control. It is one of very few regulatory themes that seeks to pre-empt EVERYONE. It assumes that none can be trusted. Most legitimate gun owners are law abiding citizens and should not be questioned for their need or desire to own whatever small arms they want.

Gun control advocates assume that they know best who needs to own what and they disregard an American's Constitutional right to choose what they WANT. Sorry. But i think i know best what i need and what i want and i will exercise my God given right to choose those which I and my God deem appropriate.

The Governor is dead wrong for imposing his twisted will and he will have to answer for it.

Dont tread on me!!

God please save New York and the United States of America!
Patriot

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

They are turning us all into criminals. This is very sad for the "Land of free". Very sad.
America

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

But it does not have to go that way!!!! Do not be sheep!!
Kiss My Azz

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

America wrote:
But it does not have to go that way!!!! Do not be sheep!!
I agree! When are the people going to rise up against these politicians. The nation would outnumber the politicians 1,000 to 1 if not more. Politicians are "employees" of "We the People" Time to start at the top where it is 100% evil.
Gun dealer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Kiss My Azz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! When are the people going to rise up against these politicians. The nation would outnumber the politicians 1,000 to 1 if not more. Politicians are "employees" of "We the People" Time to start at the top where it is 100% evil.
When registration allows the gumbermint to take Friday sample magazine holder into 2nd mendment to sell my wares. Its not right for anybody to bramble gun after plenty gone on Albany for votes on prezident. If sandy hook flag contest vehicle manti teo when I go home fit into my house. Guns and people want moving parts for trailer ubrella issue permits. Background checks are into house and garae sand bags.
Laying it on the line

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

American wrote:
First...I am a Republican, Conservative (for the most part), White, Catholic, of Irish ethnicity, and an avid hunter and gun owner. So that makes me a criminal and. espicible human being right out of the gate. Oh well.
I will not sit here and rant about "them" coming for my guns or about Sandy Hook being a false flag, or about any other conspiracies that the "evil Left" is perpetrating on us.
However...I must comment on the completely arrogant assault on our basic freedoms by Governor Coumo. He is not looking out for our safety. He is not looking to protect children. He is not going to reduce crime. The only thing he was really aiming for was to upstage Bara k Obama and make it look like NY was leading the charge on gun control.
He has his eyes on the white house and he is using sandy hook and the children who perished as an excuse to curb legitjmate ownership of firearms.
The favorite theme seems to be "you dont NEED asssault rifles and you dont NEED high capacity magazines."
Ok. Maybe so. But what if I want them. I thought this was America. I also dont need a Hummer H2 or a pack of cigarettes or beer or a bottle of wine. But no one limits my access to them. Nor do they demand a ban when those things cause thousands of deaths either alone or combined.
You also dont see 1st amendment rights abridged in the way that 2nd amendment rights are. Do we gag movie goers before entering a theater just to prevent them from screaming "fire?" No. We punish them after the fact for breaking the law.
Thats my problem with gun control. It is one of very few regulatory themes that seeks to pre-empt EVERYONE. It assumes that none can be trusted. Most legitimate gun owners are law abiding citizens and should not be questioned for their need or desire to own whatever small arms they want.
Gun control advocates assume that they know best who needs to own what and they disregard an American's Constitutional right to choose what they WANT. Sorry. But i think i know best what i need and what i want and i will exercise my God given right to choose those which I and my God deem appropriate.
The Governor is dead wrong for imposing his twisted will and he will have to answer for it.
Dont tread on me!!
Awesome awesome post. I agree 99.3%.

New York cannot change until it is broken and dragged so far down that they will never forget it. The only solution is to ram what they want straight down their throats and let everyone see that after.

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

American wrote:
Dont tread on me!!
. Thank you ,with you 100% here.
Just saying

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

We need to start a recall action on this Gov.
American wrote:
Dont tread on me!!
facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

I agree, there is no way he keeps the guns out of criminals hands. Anyone who believes that is a puppet. They get them illegally and not at a store (who does the background check). He did not fight for the aid to help the people from hurricane sandy. All i seen was the New Jersey Governor going off about the aid yet Cuomo he took credit for it. And he was stating how education is important, it cant be because he keeps cutting it. He wants safety but he attacked the police and fireman. He is nothing but a joke and everything he says or talks about is trash coming out of his mouth.
Wow

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Damn. Great thread. Never thought of it this way.
Pol

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

facts wrote:
I agree, there is no way he keeps the guns out of criminals hands. Anyone who believes that is a puppet. They get them illegally and not at a store (who does the background check). He did not fight for the aid to help the people from hurricane sandy. All i seen was the New Jersey Governor going off about the aid yet Cuomo he took credit for it. And he was stating how education is important, it cant be because he keeps cutting it. He wants safety but he attacked the police and fireman. He is nothing but a joke and everything he says or talks about is trash coming out of his mouth.
Cuomo will be your next president.
Best

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

All kidding aside, this is the best post on topix I've ever read.

Thank you for your insight and putting this out there for all. You really should forward this to the editorial section of our rag newspapers too.
Sign it

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Pol

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Best wrote:
All kidding aside, this is the best post on topix I've ever read.
Thank you for your insight and putting this out there for all. You really should forward this to the editorial section of our rag newspapers too.
Thank you.
American

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I appreciate all of the positive comments. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop now. I hope that the more left leaning folks out there understand that this is about freedom and not just guns. We all want a safe community, but we cant have that without our constitutional rights being intact.
Utica miscount

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Sign it wrote:
Signed it. Love this thread!
Agreed

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Great post. I'm also a gun owner, hunter , and collector. As is my grandfather, my father. Both my children enjoy shooting sports . They learned safety, discipline, marksmanship with me right by their side. They understand what a gun is and how to use one with responsibility. They didn't learn that through video games, or shows that glorify violence.
As a family we enjoy going to the shooting range and my children both shoot in junior NRA precision rifle matches that are done with military style rifles.
Being a parent and seeing what happened to the children in Conneticut was too hard to watch. Too heart breaking for any parent. The gun isn't the problem . Losing control of what our children are thinking, doing that's the issue.
I'm wondering how many young lives underage drinking and smoking takes from us every year. How many seven year olds have been killed because mom or dad didnt know when they had enough.
nrafan

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Sign it wrote:
Thanks for sharing,signed!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

American wrote:
Dont tread on me!!
Thank you for saying that in a way I wish I could!
American

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Agreed wrote:
Great post. I'm also a gun owner, hunter , and collector. As is my grandfather, my father. Both my children enjoy shooting sports . They learned safety, discipline, marksmanship with me right by their side. They understand what a gun is and how to use one with responsibility. They didn't learn that through video games, or shows that glorify violence.
As a family we enjoy going to the shooting range and my children both shoot in junior NRA precision rifle matches that are done with military style rifles.
Being a parent and seeing what happened to the children in Conneticut was too hard to watch. Too heart breaking for any parent. The gun isn't the problem . Losing control of what our children are thinking, doing that's the issue.
I'm wondering how many young lives underage drinking and smoking takes from us every year. How many seven year olds have been killed because mom or dad didnt know when they had enough.
I hear you. The people who want to over-regulate guns just dont get it. When you try to compare this to drinking and driving or smoking related deaths they say its not the same. But it is. We dont put interlock devices on all cars made in the u.s. We punish DWI. We dont outlaw cigarettes but how many people die of smoking related deaths every year? And what about overdoses?
Do we install automatic pill dispensing machines in every u.s. home that would dispense the exact dose needed? This might prevent thousands of suicides.

I know this all sounds ridiculous. Because it is!! The left is not concerned at all with preventing further deaths. If they were then they would be focusing their energy on the things that cause thousands more deaths than firearms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

267 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
John St. 6 min Where Da News Comes Last 4
Anthony Brindisi 7 min Probably 2
Homeland Security 12 min Bob Oliveira Crackhead 9
riggie is a creep 19 min Bobby Os Lies and Riggies 5
Don't you wish we were FOR CNY Success? 26 min CYHMN 1
Golfers- where do you play and why 33 min joe golf 44
314 posts in two days no life no job no money ... (Jun '13) 33 min Bobby Os Lies and Riggies 31
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 1 hr Utica Sambo Tech Summit 83
Irish Fest 1 hr Sgt Schultz 26
Riggie is scared 1 hr Bobby Os Lies and Riggies 17
alison norlian WKTV 2 hr Bobby Os Lies and Riggies 12
WKTV's new broadcast desk 6 hr WKTV Set-gasm2014 67
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000