Who remembers the Solid Oak Band? Mo...
is it him

New York, NY

#21 Dec 10, 2008
way back wrote:
It seems like I remember a lot of these local bands on an album that WOUR put out. I think I have it somewhere. Anybody remember that?
I remember a song called "Let It Slide" by The Frogs and another song called "Shorty's Dilemma" that was more country rock by a band I can't remember the name of.
There used to be a lot of good bands around here.
is that the same Frogs with Billy Corgan ?
Yukon Cornelius

Ilion, NY

#22 Dec 10, 2008
Anyone remember Legend? Some local boys from the Boonville area. Vella/Iseneker/Fauvelle? Played a lot at the West Leyden Hotel.
Strat Dude

Rockwell, NC

#23 Dec 29, 2010
The Frogs were: Paul Angerosa, Larry Fanelli, Brian Marcantonio and Dick Hoffman (God rest his soul). They played a lot of area gigs, mostly covers, a few originals, and they ROCKED. The Loft or 4 Acres were pretty good times,; remember the Oasis? That album put out by WOUR - I have it! WOUR supported all the local bands, they were "The Rock of central New York", remember?
Dinos OTB

Bayside, NY

#24 Jan 18, 2011
The Other wrote:
Great times seeing these guys. Didn't they play on Sundays at Hotel Willowvale?
Saw 805 the mossback mule band and solid oak band at Dino's on tne beach in Trenton just past the dam on 365.
wow

Utica, NY

#25 Jan 18, 2011
ny flyers
Mark

Rouses Point, NY

#26 May 29, 2011
I saw the band back in the early 70's playing at the Redfield Hotel.I got really stoned with these guys that night and had a great bunch of laughs.I think they said they were from Camden N.Y.
hick75

United States

#27 Jul 14, 2011
I remember going up to Newport with some friends from MVCC and seeing Solid Oak in a bar that was like a basement.Partied pretty hardy with the Bass Player
iremember

Utica, NY

#28 Jul 15, 2011
805, new york flyers, todd Hobin, Alex (alec) star were the best of that era. I know im missing some, both those were real rock bands
Jimmyman

New Hartford, NY

#29 Jul 15, 2011
I do.
KLB

Utica, NY

#30 Jul 15, 2011
jerry kraus
Podz

Ithaca, NY

#31 Jul 15, 2011
Alex Star was probably the best. I would follow him wherever he played. Great songs. He never really made it big though.
mooncci

New York, NY

#32 Aug 13, 2012
The Fin and the 3$ poor boy special all the beer and spaghetti you could eat. and The Solid Oak band we went every wed ..had a blast
ZZZ

Gouverneur, NY

#33 Aug 17, 2012
Dry Jack, anyone know what happened to them after their release of "Whale City?"
Bob forward

Malone, NY

#34 Jul 7, 2014
Has them both at my place the Del View lots of times
Built 4 Comfort

Utica, NY

#35 Feb 20, 2015
mooncci wrote:
The Fin and the 3$ poor boy special all the beer and spaghetti you could eat. and The Solid Oak band we went every wed ..had a blast
I was there. My girlfriends and I were Solid Oak groupies and followed them all over. Always the best party in town! Wednesdays The Florence Hotel for spaghetti, beer in mason jars and Solid Oak. Sundays were Pine Lodge or Oasis. Also, Bailey's Beach and Bar that was like a cellar built into a hill. We had legendary (think Dazed and Confused) beach party bonfires there.
And Four Acres was the place, for sure. Saw all the local bands (yes, starting around age 15)and quite a few future greats like John Cougar (before Mellencamp), Stillwater (Mindbender and model for movie Almost Famous)- was on the tour bus, Eddie Money, and fantastic Irish rock band, Horslips, to name a few.
Ah, yes. The glory days... thanks for the memories.

Built for Comfort
llennok1

Auburn, NY

#38 May 19, 2015
Used to go see Mossback Mule Band at the Power House Bar in Kings Ferry. Always put on a great show, we were there every time they played. Great memories from that band.
Frogfan

Gouverneur, NY

#39 May 29, 2015
92.7 the drive still plays 805 and the frogs too. Especially Sunday morning with Jerry Krauss
Frogfan

Gouverneur, NY

#40 May 29, 2015
I've heard 805 in the middle of the day too. As for the frogs after Vinny and the butchers stopped Paul went to Florida and lives there now. Brian and Larry are in the area. Creamo from 805 was the bass player in Vinny and the butchers too.
Frogfan

Gouverneur, NY

#41 May 29, 2015
Mossback still plays and is on Facebook
Frogfan

Gouverneur, NY

#42 May 29, 2015
is it him wrote:
<quoted text>
is that the same Frogs with Billy Corgan ?
WOUR is crappy now and does nothing for local musicians the old staff is at 92.7 now. WOUR is a Syracuse group now it's too bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congresswoman Tenney 9 min No Term Hillary 27
News Manny's Cheesecake To Open Brand New Bakery Loc... 19 min Sweetyness 1
Joe Griffo's donors, DuRoss and Oneidas 21 min Bob Barker 50
Cuomo pitching statewide platic bag ban. 21 min NY The Vampire State 16
Why didnít I know about this 34 min PEZ 1
Nano Hospital 50 min Try This 16
Keeler the posterchild for the Democratic party 55 min Bamb 20
Golf in Upstate NY 2 hr Maurey 35
Maryrose Rubin 3 hr Not a big fan of ... 16
Dr. Costello unnecessary cruelty 4 hr Reader 8