200 NY Thruway Authority workers face layoffs, 4 local

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
first amendment

Liverpool, NY

#1 Apr 4, 2013
ALBANY, N.Y.(AP)- About 200 employees of the New York state Thruway Authority are expected to lose their jobs as part of layoffs announced by the Cuomo administration earlier this year.

Four people in the Mohawk Valley will be among those losing their jobs.

The Times Union of Albany reports the toll takers, maintenance employees and clerical workers will be laid off Wednesday. Thruway officials announced in January that 234 workers across the state would be laid off this year to save the authority $20 million. Some of the targeted workers have retired since the announcement.

The Thruway Authority operates the statewide toll highway and New York's canal system. The authority has nearly 3,000 employees.
Good about god dm time instead of raising fees.
Cuba cracker

New York, NY

#2 Apr 4, 2013
first amendment wrote:
ALBANY, N.Y.(AP)- About 200 employees of the New York state Thruway Authority are expected to lose their jobs as part of layoffs announced by the Cuomo administration earlier this year.
Four people in the Mohawk Valley will be among those losing their jobs.
The Times Union of Albany reports the toll takers, maintenance employees and clerical workers will be laid off Wednesday. Thruway officials announced in January that 234 workers across the state would be laid off this year to save the authority $20 million. Some of the targeted workers have retired since the announcement.
The Thruway Authority operates the statewide toll highway and New York's canal system. The authority has nearly 3,000 employees.
Good about god dm time instead of raising fees.
too bad this was already posted on Topix hours ago. scums like you just getting out of bed at 1:30 in the afternoon I see.
first amendment

Liverpool, NY

#3 Apr 4, 2013
eat siht and die...or get azz cancer u rascist
Cuba cracker

New York, NY

#4 Apr 4, 2013
first amendment wrote:
eat siht and die...or get azz cancer u rascist
You're the racist with the problem with the Jew lawyer. You posted it and can't take it back.
first amendment

Liverpool, NY

#5 Apr 4, 2013
oh thats your problem now you hate jews you pos scum, your moms a prostitute
Cuba cracker

New York, NY

#6 Apr 4, 2013
first amendment wrote:
oh thats your problem now you hate jews you pos scum, your moms a prostitute
Oh no, you're the one who posted hatred for Jews. We've seen your posts on this. I guess the name Rothschild doesn't ring a bell to you?

Can't wait til you are disposed of.
first amendment

Liverpool, NY

#7 Apr 4, 2013
ur a dcik upurs anytme ill slap u for fun
what a lou sir

Herkimer, NY

#8 Apr 4, 2013
first amendment wrote:
ur a dcik upurs anytme ill slap u for fun
Yeah you say that shit on Topix all the time but word has it you never show up in person.
Typical coward. I hope sooner or later you get your ticket punched, for good. And when that happens, that whoever does it, lays it out there to your family all the shit you post online everywhere you go so that they can see what a real scumbag you are.
who cares

Cold Brook, NY

#9 Apr 4, 2013
with ezpass why not lay off a few more hundred.
Mayor McCheese

Watertown, NY

#10 Apr 4, 2013
Wow! I thought Utica was rebounding from the Great Depression!
Sam

Utica, NY

#11 Apr 4, 2013
who cares wrote:
with ezpass why not lay off a few more hundred.
This will happen Year end 2014, you will need E-Z Pass or the right change for toll booths
Great

New Hartford, NY

#12 Apr 4, 2013
Great news, they should layoff about ten times that many.
first amendment wrote:
ALBANY, N.Y.(AP)- About 200 employees of the New York state Thruway Authority are expected to lose their jobs as part of layoffs announced by the Cuomo administration earlier this year.
Four people in the Mohawk Valley will be among those losing their jobs.
The Times Union of Albany reports the toll takers, maintenance employees and clerical workers will be laid off Wednesday. Thruway officials announced in January that 234 workers across the state would be laid off this year to save the authority $20 million. Some of the targeted workers have retired since the announcement.
The Thruway Authority operates the statewide toll highway and New York's canal system. The authority has nearly 3,000 employees.
Good about god dm time instead of raising fees.
Should be free

Camillus, NY

#13 Apr 4, 2013
All tolls along the Thruway were supposed to be abolished when the construction bonds used to build it had been paid off. The last of the bonds were paid off in 1996... I say make it free, lay off everyone, and turn it over to the state.
nice

Utica, NY

#14 Apr 4, 2013
all they have to do is get hundreds of people to beep and complain that the ticket didn't come out and hold up the line and call the thruway DEPT
nice

Utica, NY

#15 Apr 4, 2013
their also should be a law that tractor trailers stop pulling three trailers with one truck it puts more workers on the road even pulling two trailers should be outlawed that's three jobs for pulling three trailers and three trucks built and gas and tolls and tax adds up then the shippers will use trains and it will save the planet but the trailers still need to be shipped so the jobs are still there but with less hours for a pay check
Sam

Utica, NY

#17 Apr 4, 2013
Should be free wrote:
All tolls along the Thruway were supposed to be abolished when the construction bonds used to build it had been paid off. The last of the bonds were paid off in 1996... I say make it free, lay off everyone, and turn it over to the state.
FYI it was owned by the NYS DOT then turn over to canal corporation, same people different name.
Stanwix Prison

Schenectady, NY

#18 Apr 4, 2013
nice wrote:
their also should be a law that tractor trailers stop pulling three trailers with one truck it puts more workers on the road even pulling two trailers should be outlawed that's three jobs for pulling three trailers and three trucks built and gas and tolls and tax adds up then the shippers will use trains and it will save the planet but the trailers still need to be shipped so the jobs are still there but with less hours for a pay check
I'm wondering do you support higher taxes?
nice

Utica, NY

#19 Apr 4, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering do you support higher taxes?
more jobs pay for tax the only reason for higher tax is because of the unemployment levels less people to pay tax so more jobs more tax is paid and then tax goes down
Cuba cracker

New York, NY

#20 Apr 5, 2013
nice wrote:
their also should be a law that tractor trailers stop pulling three trailers with one truck it puts more workers on the road even pulling two trailers should be outlawed that's three jobs for pulling three trailers and three trucks built and gas and tolls and tax adds up then the shippers will use trains and it will save the planet but the trailers still need to be shipped so the jobs are still there but with less hours for a pay check
triple trailers are not legal in NYS therefore you have never seen one on any highway in NYS. Texas is one of the few states that allow triple trailers. Get your head out of your ass.
Cuba cracker

New York, NY

#21 Apr 5, 2013
nice wrote:
<quoted text>more jobs pay for tax the only reason for higher tax is because of the unemployment levels less people to pay tax so more jobs more tax is paid and then tax goes down
completely wrong. Unemployment is only part of higher taxes. ALL employers are required to pay into the unemployment system. You haven't a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bengees bar (Jul '09) 25 min donna vescelus 25
Malicious screen cutter seen in S. Utica 25 min still shaking 2
Is Racism in Utica getting worse? 1 hr Go Home Cannuck 3
Diarrhea? IBS? What is it? 1 hr Shamrock Lady 1
is Racism growing in America? ??? 1 hr wesugjojoma 1
My ex is pregnant but i have a new girl.What do... (Apr '12) 1 hr steconan sr_pg_12 89
retro fitness 2 hr Okay 13
Wboro School Taxes going Up AGAIN 18 hr Miss Perfect 24
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]