Potato Hill Killer
julie

Canastota, NY

#21 Oct 31, 2009
I remember when JoAnne Pecheone (sp?) was killed. That was 1972 I believe. She was walking home from DeSales & cut through that wooded area by MVCC to get to Nob Rd. You've got a point there, Long Time Utican.
Just interested

Utica, NY

#22 Oct 31, 2009
Yes, she was Mary Rose Turner. She and her husband, Bill had 5 children (1 girl, 4 boys (twin boys)and 2 other boys. The kids were brought up in Waterville in the last 40s' early 50s'. Three sons have passed away - one remaining lives in Florida (Clyde) and girl(Mary Ann) the last I knew lived in Syracuse. Mary Turner and her husband were divorced when this all happened. Hatch went with an Andrea Rooney in high school. They married and I have been told but don't know for sure that Andrea committed
suicide after Hatch was convicted.
It has always been rumored that Hatch also murdered that Pacchone(?) girl in south east Utica.
Friday girl

Fayetteville, NY

#23 Nov 1, 2009
please post if anyone hears there is a parole hearing. I will be the first one there ! Lucky me, I even had gotten in an argument with him at the gas station. Never dreaming he would have killed me for it !!! Speaking of Rogers Coffee Sho. That is where he looked for his victims ! My mom being one of them, then Poor Mrs. Turner. If it only hadn't been raining that day.
julie

Canastota, NY

#24 Nov 1, 2009
You may be interested in reading that new book written about Hatch & his exploits. It's by Dr. Blanchfield who was a professor at UC.
julie

Canastota, NY

#25 Nov 1, 2009
Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Bronx, NY

#26 Nov 1, 2009
yeah baby wrote:
who wants to go? i wanna go up there. can i have directions?
http://maps.google.com/maps... ]&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa =N&tab=wl
long time Utican

Manlius, NY

#27 Nov 1, 2009
Back in 1975 (after Hatch had been arrested), I went on a motorcyle ride with my son when something happened and the bike just quit running. We were on the Road where Potatoe Hill Road is and there was a house that sat back off the road. My son (who was 17 years old at the time) told me to stay by the bike while he went to the house and ask if he could borrow a tool to get the bike working again.

This was back in the days of the "Hippy" style haircut. When he knocked on the door of the house, 2 men and a woman came charging out all ready beat my son up!!!!! When he explained to them what happened to the bike, and his Mother was standing by the bike, they still didn't believe him.

They all marched up the road to where I was and asked who I was. When I told them I was his mother, they still didn't believe me as they said I didn't look "old enough" to be his mother!!!! I explained I was 18 years older than him, and I also had a daughter that was 2 years older than my son - then they believed I was telling the truth.

Once they realized we were not "Killers", they helped my son get the bike started and explained how leary everyone was in that part of the country - all because of what Hatch had done.

We ended up thanking them for their help and left. That was the last time I ever went on a motorcyle ride with my son - LOL!

All kidding aside, all the people that lived near or around Potatoe Hill Road were frightened out of their wits all because of what Hatch had done.
long time Utican

Manlius, NY

#28 Nov 1, 2009
Friday girl wrote:
please post if anyone hears there is a parole hearing. I will be the first one there ! Lucky me, I even had gotten in an argument with him at the gas station. Never dreaming he would have killed me for it !!! Speaking of Rogers Coffee Sho. That is where he looked for his victims ! My mom being one of them, then Poor Mrs. Turner. If it only hadn't been raining that day.
http://nysdocslookup.docs.stat e.ny.us/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130

Please refer to the above link. Hatch is at Auburn State Prison and it shows his next Parole Hearing will be in June 2010. I'm sure if you call Auburn Prison, they will tell you the actual date of his Parole Hearing and whether or not you could be present.
Book

Watertown, NY

#29 Nov 1, 2009
julie wrote:
You may be interested in reading that new book written about Hatch & his exploits. It's by Dr. Blanchfield who was a professor at UC.
Just a little FYI...I just stopped at Barnes and Noble to pick up the book and they are ordering them for people. The girl at the counter said they've had about 25 people come in and ask for it. It's being printed and distributed on a per request basis according to her. It should take about a week to come in. It's called A Killer Named Hatch Massacre On Potato Hill.
tony

Fayetteville, NY

#30 Nov 1, 2009
Does anyone know the exact spot that she was dragged,
I know someone posted a google map, but between what two streets did this happen, the two streets would
give the best reference, because this road is really
really long.
booker t

New York, NY

#31 Nov 1, 2009
mason wrote:
This guy is up for parole next year. He draged this poor lady behind his car on potato hill. A real sicko
bernie hatch i think is his name wack job
tony

Fayetteville, NY

#32 Nov 1, 2009
Bernard Hatch
TUNAFISH

Fayetteville, NY

#33 Nov 1, 2009
Friday girl wrote:
Have you tried the new line of perfumes,Hey You, Evening of pig,
for one night stands.
Friday girl

Fayetteville, NY

#34 Nov 1, 2009
long time Utican wrote:
<quoted text> http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.us/GCA00P0...
Please refer to the above link. Hatch is at Auburn State Prison and it shows his next Parole Hearing will be in June 2010. I'm sure if you call Auburn Prison, they will tell you the actual date of his Parole Hearing and whether or not you could be present.
Thank you I will do this. I DO NOT WANT HIM OUT !!!!!!
julie

Canastota, NY

#35 Nov 2, 2009
I just ordered the book from Amazon. $13.99
NEWS ADDICT

Hancock, NY

#36 Nov 2, 2009
I just ordered the book, does anyone know where he lived up there or where this took place?
gone

Holland Patent, NY

#37 Nov 2, 2009
leave the guy alone, he is serving his time 88
Mason

United States

#38 Nov 2, 2009
gone wrote:
leave the guy alone, he is serving his time 88
He deserves compassion???
know

Fayetteville, NY

#39 Nov 2, 2009
NEWS ADDICT wrote:
I just ordered the book, does anyone know where he lived up there or where this took place?
Hey when you read it will you post some of the details.
julie

Canastota, NY

#40 Nov 3, 2009
I'll let you know, Know. It should be here Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Would You Tell Jesus If You Had a 5 Minute... 18 min showtime 29
Kyle Bowen 19 min Buttsniffer 25
Pro Boxers in Utica 24 min GHR 5
Liberals hiding Muslim hate crimes against LGBT 55 min exposing liberal... 1
keeler claw machine 1 hr fat bald dumb 5
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 1 hr Distroy Demokrate 594
Best bars to hang out in Clinton 1 hr Ralph 6
Hobika loses 1 hr hahaha 25
Craigslist Personals Replacement 1 hr Get a real life 62
New Greek restaurant on Genesee 13 hr Jack Pot 35
Old School Bar/Restaurant Culver Ave 15 hr Sss 16
Ispy photos of Utica Fur Ball 17 hr Larry Joseph 22

Utica Jobs

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages