First Prev
of 16
Next Last
mason

AOL

#1 Oct 28, 2009
This guy is up for parole next year. He draged this poor lady behind his car on potato hill. A real sicko
mason

AOL

#2 Oct 28, 2009
Anybody have any storys about this guy
CNY cafe

New York, NY

#3 Oct 28, 2009
yes. His mother is buried up on Starr Hill. Apparently, when they were writing this book, they went and interviewed neighbors around where Hatch grew up in Holland Patent and they all said that he used to kill animals and display them around in the woods when he was a boy. There is also speculation that if you go up on Potato Hill rd at night you can hear the chains dragging along the road like they did that night when he dragged that young woman behind his car.
observer

Auburn, NY

#4 Oct 28, 2009
He was caught because of all the eyes on potato hill.
CNY cafe

New York, NY

#5 Oct 28, 2009
here are some other chat link about the stories people have shared.

http://www.strangeusa.com/ViewLocation.aspx...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hinckley-ny/T...
mason

AOL

#6 Oct 28, 2009
I remembered this case from grade school. I had to camp out up there soon after with the boyscouts. It was really creepy.
pete

Syracuse, NY

#7 Oct 28, 2009
if thats all the time they gave him at that time ,thats how jurys felt.Thats the way it goes.Now if he did that same crime nowdays he would have got life without parole.The laws are getting tougher people ,you should all start worrying. The DWI laws got stricter. When I was a kid we could get away withg pranks that nowdays You would go to jail for. Some ways thats good but it is telling me that The Idiots we are sending to Albany are going to put us all in jail someday, they dont know a new law they dont like.
yeah baby

New York, NY

#8 Oct 28, 2009
who wants to go? i wanna go up there. can i have directions?
Paul Kersey

Auburn, NY

#9 Oct 30, 2009
It is too bad that he had to go to jail. I mean dragging a woman to death by chaining her to the back of your car and going for a joy ride. It sounds like a harmless prank to me. Nobody has a sense of humor anymore.
I Got Your Number

Auburn, NY

#10 Oct 30, 2009
Paul Kersey wrote:
It is too bad that he had to go to jail. I mean dragging a woman to death by chaining her to the back of your car and going for a joy ride. It sounds like a harmless prank to me. Nobody has a sense of humor anymore.
Was she white? I thought that would only be a crime if the dragee were a minority.
Friday girl

Syracuse, NY

#11 Oct 31, 2009
The woman he dragged was one of my best friends mother. I really wish you would be more sensitive to the family and keep your SICK remarks to yourself. Hatch also tried to pick up my mother. Thank GOD she didn't take his ride. He needs to stay in prison if not he may get your mother !!
henry

AOL

#12 Oct 31, 2009
wasn't the girl frank demola's sister? what ever happened to him?
Friday girl

Syracuse, NY

#13 Oct 31, 2009
no it was not.
disgusted

Syracuse, NY

#14 Oct 31, 2009
Paul Kersey wrote:
I'm sure you'd say the same if it was your mother that was murdered, or maybe your sister? Still funny if it happened to your wife? Or how about your daughter? Be real funny then right? Your just ignorant.
Paul Kersey

Auburn, NY

#15 Oct 31, 2009
The "sick" comments were meant to be facetious in response to the people who would let this heinous criminal back on the streets.(Pete)
julie

Ithaca, NY

#16 Oct 31, 2009
The woman he dragged name was Rose, & she was a middle-aged lady that lived either on Court St. or Whitesboro St. Very sad.
julie

Ithaca, NY

#17 Oct 31, 2009
Make that Mary Rose Turner.
Friday girl

Syracuse, NY

#18 Oct 31, 2009
yes, very very sad and she was a WONDERFUL lady and didn't deserve this. Hatch should FRY !!!!! I wish we could all go to his parole hearing !
julie

Ithaca, NY

#19 Oct 31, 2009
I doubt he'll be released, Friday Girl. He was denied parole the last time he tried to get it, too.
long time Utican

Auburn, NY

#20 Oct 31, 2009
"Julie" - I agree with you - Hatch is now in his early 70s and they are going to let him die in Prison - where he belongs.

He is an extremely sadistical and violent killer and I've always believed he was responsible for killing that Pecone (sp?) school girl that took that short cut thru the woods to her home on an afternoon day. She had been tied to a tree, sexually molested, and stabbed to death and no one heard a thing. Her Uncle was a Detective with the UPD and even he could never solve this case. Bernard Hatch was also suspected of more killings in the area, but could never be proven.

The Parole Board will deny his release from Parole - just like they did in 1998.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Powles is FAT 8 min total eclipse of ... 24
North South East West Utica 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 3
Underrated Transit Projects 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Gateway To The Adirondacks 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Utica Thruway Exit 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Bass Pro Shop 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Wheres The Mall 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 2 hr Big Body Utican 319
Nativity scene at NHFD offensive 2 hr Big Body Utican 55
R.I.P., Rashy. R.I.P. 5 hr Overweight Utican 22