lone survivor movie
frogleg

New Britain, CT

#1 Jan 21, 2014
Has anyone else seen this movie? Just came out in theaters last week. What did you think? I have questions!
WTF

Tucuman, Argentina

#3 Jan 21, 2014
Funny, unless you're not joking.

There is a new thing called the internet.

Watch the move moron.

If you need help working a mouse just ask.
frogleg

New York, NY

#4 Jan 21, 2014
WTF wrote:
Funny, unless you're not joking.
There is a new thing called the internet.
Watch the move moron.
If you need help working a mouse just ask.
. Ok, first not a moron. What's so moronic about my post? I already watched the movie. If your suggesting I download it illegally to watch it over again, that's moronic. I wanted to get feedback from locals. Geesh!
Looking 4 Love

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 21, 2014
I, too, am a survivor. I survived a divorce!!
frogleg

Harpursville, NY

#6 Jan 22, 2014
Looking 4 Love wrote:
I, too, am a survivor. I survived a divorce!!
. Ok, good for you. However not the survivor story I was talking about.
who cares

Cold Brook, NY

#7 Jan 22, 2014
Is that the movie where all the soldiers die but one? It was a true story. A+
frogleg

Windham, NY

#8 Jan 23, 2014
who cares wrote:
Is that the movie where all the soldiers die but one? It was a true story. A+
yes that's the movie/ story I was referring to. After watching the movie (which I was watching through my fingers like I would a scary movie) my husband and I got into a disagreement. SPOILER ALERT!!!!! He said it looked like lutrell ran off during that last gun fight in the forest and that's why he was the only one to survive. I know the one guy never made it down the hill and was captured and killed and murph ran a suicide mission to make the call but what about the blonde guy that died sitting up against the tree?. Why did luttrell and him get separated? I think I'm gonna have to read the book.
WTF

Chula Vista, CA

#9 Jan 23, 2014
frogleg wrote:
Has anyone else seen this movie? Just came out in theaters last week. What did you think? I have questions!
Why would you have questions if you watched it ?

Why didn't you just post the questions, fingers tired.

It was ok, more of a Dave Smith female emotional movie then action or adventure.

Wahlberg is a decent actor but was better in shooter.

Feel better now.
WTF

Chula Vista, CA

#10 Jan 23, 2014
frogleg wrote:
<quoted text>. Ok, first not a moron. What's so moronic about my post? I already watched the movie. If your suggesting I download it illegally to watch it over again, that's moronic. I wanted to get feedback from locals. Geesh!
You can watch it 80.000.000 times online you moron, why would you need to DL it.

But good thing you didn't, the DL police arrested a person last week for toy story.

CNN, NBC, ABC, WKTV is loaded with people arrested for DLing toy story.

GOOF.
frogleg

Windham, NY

#11 Jan 23, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you have questions if you watched it ?
Why didn't you just post the questions, fingers tired.
It was ok, more of a Dave Smith female emotional movie then action or adventure.
Wahlberg is a decent actor but was better in shooter.
Feel better now.
. Yes, better thanks. Like I said I was watching it through my fingers. Normally I'm ok with movies like that but knowing it was a true story freaked me out. I guess I missed the part I'm wondering about. Maybe the book will be better. Did you know Marcus lutrell has his own line of clothing and he was one of the actors in the movie? Sorry, I'm just super into this story.
WTF

Chula Vista, CA

#12 Jan 23, 2014
frogleg wrote:
<quoted text>. Yes, better thanks. Like I said I was watching it through my fingers. Normally I'm ok with movies like that but knowing it was a true story freaked me out. I guess I missed the part I'm wondering about. Maybe the book will be better. Did you know Marcus lutrell has his own line of clothing and he was one of the actors in the movie? Sorry, I'm just super into this story.
Didn't realize you were a girl.

No, didn't know he had a clothing line.

Paid more attention to Kitsch and Wahlberg, they were good in battleship and shooter.

Here is a safe site where you can watch thousands of movies.

No, you won't get in trouble.

""" http://www.primewire.ag """

There is a difference between ads and loggers, trojan, spyware.

The site is clean, and never had a bad link, but there are popups an ads if you don't know how to stop them. But no spyware.

Here is a question, would you have shot, the old man, and the two kids knowing they would end up getting you killed ?

I would have taken them up the mountain and not released them until two or three miles away.
frogleg

Windham, NY

#13 Jan 23, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
You can watch it 80.000.000 times online you moron, why would you need to DL it.
But good thing you didn't, the DL police arrested a person last week for toy story.
CNN, NBC, ABC, WKTV is loaded with people arrested for DLing toy story.
GOOF.
. Ok first you don't need to be so mean. Second I can't hack seeing it again. Way too violent. I just wanted to know if anyone else out there thinks that lutrell abandoned his teammate to save his own life. If you haven't seen it then stop bugging me.
WTF

Chula Vista, CA

#14 Jan 23, 2014
frogleg wrote:
<quoted text>. Ok first you don't need to be so mean. Second I can't hack seeing it again. Way too violent. I just wanted to know if anyone else out there thinks that lutrell abandoned his teammate to save his own life. If you haven't seen it then stop bugging me.
Look above your last post, I toned it down.

Yes, but they would have been tortured then killed anyway, so in a sense nothing would be different except both would be dead. It was his fault for allowing them to go free right there.
frogleg

Verona, NY

#15 Jan 23, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't realize you were a girl.
No, didn't know he had a clothing line.
Paid more attention to Kitsch and Wahlberg, they were good in battleship and shooter.
Here is a safe site where you can watch thousands of movies.
No, you won't get in trouble.
""" http://www.primewire.ag """
There is a difference between ads and loggers, trojan, spyware.
The site is clean, and never had a bad link, but there are popups an ads if you don't know how to stop them. But no spyware.
Here is a question, would you have shot, the old man, and the two kids knowing they would end up getting you killed ?
I would have taken them up the mountain and not released them until two or three miles away.
. Thanks for all the info. Def gonna check out that site. I would have kept the three prisoners , tied their hands up and kept them with me until we could get comms up and were getting the hell out of there. Or take them with you for interrogation. They obviously knew the bad guys because they had that radio to keep in contact with them. Worse case scenario, if we got busted by the Taliban I would have used them as a shield. Hey, your not killing them, right? Ok, I have officially started obsessing over this movie. I need help. Its because its a true story. It is messing with my head...I just went out and bought the DVD murph the protector. I'm sure that's not going to help matters.
Hot Dommie

Utica, NY

#16 Jan 23, 2014
I saw it! Some douche was talking in the theater during the movie so I shot him... With a water gun. I was somad
Man you people

Ithaca, NY

#17 Jan 24, 2014
From this military man, his friend was providing covering fire when Marcus made that last jump, and his teammate was surrounded and shot in the head among many other places, he sacrificed his life for his teammate as the others are trained to do, luttrel survived out of pure luck and the afghan villager that fought to protect him, have you ever fought 200 men to 4 odds are very much against you especially with no support cause the radios were not working, divorce what does that have to do with the movie or anything
WTF

Chula Vista, CA

#18 Jan 24, 2014
frogleg wrote:
<quoted text>. Thanks for all the info. Def gonna check out that site. I would have kept the three prisoners , tied their hands up and kept them with me until we could get comms up and were getting the hell out of there. Or take them with you for interrogation. They obviously knew the bad guys because they had that radio to keep in contact with them. Worse case scenario, if we got busted by the Taliban I would have used them as a shield. Hey, your not killing them, right? Ok, I have officially started obsessing over this movie. I need help. Its because its a true story. It is messing with my head...I just went out and bought the DVD murph the protector. I'm sure that's not going to help matters.
Watched Murph lat night, it's not a recreation of the incident like Lone, it's a documentary, interesting, and you should enjoy it, you see more of family and friends then you see an action movie.

The link I posted, most people watch them and if they really like them, then they might go buy it. You can actually download any Blu ray movie there is, but these files sizes are so huge you need or nice to have 1-2 TB storage. If only HD, it's not so bad around 1-3 GB for each. Some of newest movies are someone sitting in the theater with a camcorder, so they are junk, but you get the idea till released on video.

Your idea would have saved their lives, can't believe they just let them go so close. Also them sitting there in the chinook talking instead of getting out fast, they asked for it.
frogleg

Albany, NY

#19 Jan 24, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched Murph lat night, it's not a recreation of the incident like Lone, it's a documentary, interesting, and you should enjoy it, you see more of family and friends then you see an action movie.
The link I posted, most people watch them and if they really like them, then they might go buy it. You can actually download any Blu ray movie there is, but these files sizes are so huge you need or nice to have 1-2 TB storage. If only HD, it's not so bad around 1-3 GB for each. Some of newest movies are someone sitting in the theater with a camcorder, so they are junk, but you get the idea till released on video.
Your idea would have saved their lives, can't believe they just let them go so close. Also them sitting there in the chinook talking instead of getting out fast, they asked for it.
. I guess hindsight is 20/20. They all paid dearly for whatever mistakes they made. Thanks for all the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women 17 min Mikey 5
remember al marone 2 hr Elmer 9
Tenney Strikes Again 2 hr Steve Bannon 1
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 2 hr Elightened Observ... 1,229
Ramon Alvarado aka Boris 5 hr Igoturback 6
Bill Keeler and his "opinions" 5 hr Moses 8
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 5 hr DISTROY DEMOCRATES 198
Par 7 hr Puhlease 86
Unstable Fire Marshall 12 hr Mark 69
New Hartford Baskets 16 hr SUCK UP 28
12 north sports bar Wed Old V baller 28
Is the mafia still in Utica? (Jul '08) Wed dumb guineas 242

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages