First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nasty

United States

#41 Sep 21, 2012
Ansle Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick Doodle sell Hoffman hot dog , Vosses sells that crab from Smith Packing.
I can't believe anyone eats at Voss. I was taken there by a local and it was a flaccid nasty watery hot dog no different than eating a "Bar-S" and 80% of the people sitting around were obese hicks while people drove by 20 feet away and looked at them! Yeah a real utica classic! If you like that fine but it is insane the that people go apeshit over that garbage and setting.
Nasty

United States

#42 Sep 21, 2012
In fact, FACT! If someone threw up an Orange Julius shop in the Daylight Donuts place NYSDOT would be bulldozing Voss' asbestos milk bottle building within one season to widen the intersection for more sprawl. The first person to put real food on that strip again wins. The only two things noteworthy about Voss is the value of that land in updyke NY and how "amazed" people get over rotgut sometimes! That's where it begins and that's where it ends.
Nasty

United States

#43 Sep 21, 2012
friends wrote:
<quoted text>vosses doesnt have a child molester in the family either lol. now say it isnt true ill post arrest records pictures everything.......... leave vosses alone
Wait, this is exactly why updyke NY fails so much right here. I have had both, prefer neither but the Doodles place is superior in several ways you simply can't argue. Yet here you are literally THREATENING someone the other poster probably doesn't even know with "outing" some OTHER person's sex offender reference? Huh? No wonder why upstate ny is such a substandard ginahole full of simpleton backwards people! Society by bully rule and slander reviews! Thanks for clearing that up for everyone!

Poor, sad, ignorant people. Stuck in shyt for life and ranting insults and excuses to keep the piss poor status quo. If you don't like it that's nice but be prepared for people who dislike it... but your thinking really IS symptomatic of what is truly wrong with the entire utica area. You are ABSOLUTELY born and stuck there chisel that in stone!
Thanks for helping me sketch it out so eloquently. Only Tennessee could do worse now!
lanceman

Irvine, CA

#44 Sep 21, 2012
I grew up in Utica and I never heard of Voss until I saw them on mOhawk Valley Living earlier this year. When I was in Utica in July, I got takeout from Voss (mostly pulled pork sandwiches).

I was disappointed. The servings were small (but it was inexpensive) and there was so little BBQ sauce that the sandwiches were dry. Parking was a pain.

Maybe they were better in the past but I don't get all the rave reviews.
Are You Kidding Me

Utica, NY

#45 Sep 22, 2012
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe anyone eats at Voss. I was taken there by a local and it was a flaccid nasty watery hot dog no different than eating a "Bar-S" and 80% of the people sitting around were obese hicks while people drove by 20 feet away and looked at them! Yeah a real utica classic! If you like that fine but it is insane the that people go apeshit over that garbage and setting.
Nasty wrote:
In fact, FACT! If someone threw up an Orange Julius shop in the Daylight Donuts place NYSDOT would be bulldozing Voss' asbestos milk bottle building within one season to widen the intersection for more sprawl. The first person to put real food on that strip again wins. The only two things noteworthy about Voss is the value of that land in updyke NY and how "amazed" people get over rotgut sometimes! That's where it begins and that's where it ends.
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, this is exactly why updyke NY fails so much right here. I have had both, prefer neither but the Doodles place is superior in several ways you simply can't argue. Yet here you are literally THREATENING someone the other poster probably doesn't even know with "outing" some OTHER person's sex offender reference? Huh? No wonder why upstate ny is such a substandard ginahole full of simpleton backwards people! Society by bully rule and slander reviews! Thanks for clearing that up for everyone!
Poor, sad, ignorant people. Stuck in shyt for life and ranting insults and excuses to keep the piss poor status quo. If you don't like it that's nice but be prepared for people who dislike it... but your thinking really IS symptomatic of what is truly wrong with the entire utica area. You are ABSOLUTELY born and stuck there chisel that in stone!
Thanks for helping me sketch it out so eloquently. Only Tennessee could do worse now!
All that drivel over a fcking hot dog stand?

What you need is a stroke leaving you incapacitated to the point where your only means of communication is drool running down your chin. I'll bet face to face you're a punk bitch with no balls. lol
Patio Fan Forever

Johnson City, TN

#46 Sep 22, 2012
Patio rocks the world. Voss's sucks. At patio you can sit in air conditioned comfort, get a high quality Hoffman's hot dog, served at your table by a courteous waitress, while you chat with the cook. Try getting any of that in Voss's recycled telephone booth with with a milk bottle on the roof,a postage stamp parking lot and picnic tables swarming with flies and yellow jackets.
Barbie Cue

Watertown, NY

#47 Sep 22, 2012
lanceman wrote:
I grew up in Utica and I never heard of Voss until I saw them on mOhawk Valley Living earlier this year. When I was in Utica in July, I got takeout from Voss (mostly pulled pork sandwiches).
I was disappointed. The servings were small (but it was inexpensive) and there was so little BBQ sauce that the sandwiches were dry. Parking was a pain.
Maybe they were better in the past but I don't get all the rave reviews.
They were definitely better in the past -- although it was never elegant, obviously -- the quality and quantity have gone down and the price has gone up. Like the rest of the world, only maybe more so.

“Princesses aren't perfect”

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Jolly ole England

#48 Sep 22, 2012
psst..Just TELL them that you want extra sauce!!

Frankly, ours have been generous and question who you work for that you are trying to bash a good product.

Furthermore, If you don't like it don't go. There a several places in Utica they we don't go to because of various experiences, but you may like them. To each their own!!
Yum

Syracuse, NY

#49 Sep 23, 2012
I just ate there yesterday ya goofballs....still amazing.
Mike W

Baldwinsville, NY

#50 Sep 23, 2012
They dont close until late October or early November-Sometimes the week before Thanksgiving. The food has gone down hill. The hot dogs are Honest Johns and they suck. Everything else is full of grease. Good icecream though.
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
They were open this afternoon when I drove by.

“Sweet Home Alabama”

Level 3

<><><><><><><><><>

#51 Sep 24, 2012
I hope not!
Voss is Great

Cortland, NY

#52 Sep 24, 2012
Try their steak sandwich. It's amazingly Good! If you want more sauce on your BBQ just ask for it dummy!!
Sauced Up

Baldwinsville, NY

#53 Sep 24, 2012
I have asked and paid for extra...still no sauce. Stop Skimping!

“VICTORIAN GENTLEMAN”

Level 2

Diablo Springs

#54 Sep 24, 2012
Their steak is good!
Elmer

Syracuse, NY

#55 Oct 2, 2012
Went there today. Owners said they will not re-open
Tough Guy

New Hartford, NY

#56 Oct 2, 2012
Their food, prices and service sucked anyway over the last decade. Things went down the drain... No great loss !
blegh

Utica, NY

#57 Oct 2, 2012
their food is plain & boring, i could make better at home! charlie boys & nicky doodles are way better
Out of My Area Code

Cortland, NY

#58 Oct 2, 2012
blegh wrote:
their food is plain & boring, i could make better at home! charlie boys & nicky doodles are way better
Been to both of those places & didn't find their food anything to write home about either.
Oh you know

New Hartford, NY

#59 Jun 15, 2014
Been there wrote:
Voss no longer lives up to their former quality of food and should just sell their business for whatever they can get out of it.
Remember - "Nicky Doodle" sells the same hot dogs, hanburgs, and even ice cream that is just as good for a lesser price and there is plenty of parking space and table to eat at.
Voss's days are over with.
lmaoo it's funny how all you people think that Nicky Doodles is the same stuff as voss ha Nobody makes the same ice cream homemade do they? Or the same original sauce and chili? No.

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#60 Jun 15, 2014
Oh you know wrote:
<quoted text> lmaoo it's funny how all you people think that Nicky Doodles is the same stuff as voss ha Nobody makes the same ice cream homemade do they? Or the same original sauce and chili? No.
I think it's funny how uticans think a seasonal burger stand that exist all over the east coast in every community is something special. It's truly not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Made in Utica 11 min edstan 6
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! 12 min nanito 42
Forbes Ranks Utica-Rome Metro Area 28 min russ bianco 7
Recommendations for a Veterinarian in Utica area 29 min Herkimer Vet Assoc 2
Power dam.... (Aug '10) 57 min Bob 22
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 2 hr Marge 66
new pizza place jonnys pizza 3 hr Gaggy 8
Ocean Blue restaurat 23 hr Gaggy 23
Jill Reale of WKTV (Jan '09) Mon Diction 252
More from around the web