Hanna Refuses to Debate Tenney
Republican Voter

Cambridge, MA

#91 Jun 16, 2014
Since you seem to be well connected with Hanna's campaign why don't you answer some of the questions. I can't see how Republicans can support a Candidate who will likely switch parties anyway and who's biggest supporter is some far left wing Washington DC based lobbyist.

Hanna has bee bought and paid for by outside interests and no longer represents our values.

Time for him to move on.
Im for Tenny

Clark Mills, NY

#92 Jun 16, 2014
Speaking of which...george soros once said...we own the dem. party...we bought and paid for them.
Vote for Republican value

Colorado Springs, CO

#93 Jun 16, 2014
Speaking as a Republican I have been a Hanna supporter in the past. However, I can't support him any more. He has moved too far to the left for my tastes and I find his decision not to debate infuriating. It's insulting hat he can't trust voters to decide for themselves. Republicans should not have to be ashamed to stand up for Republican values. Hanna thinks we should and that's why he will not get my vote
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#94 Jun 16, 2014
Vote for Republican value wrote:
Speaking as a Republican I have been a Hanna supporter in the past. However, I can't support him any more. He has moved too far to the left for my tastes and I find his decision not to debate infuriating. It's insulting hat he can't trust voters to decide for themselves. Republicans should not have to be ashamed to stand up for Republican values. Hanna thinks we should and that's why he will not get my vote
What specific votes make you think he's moved too far to the left. I know that's a Tenney talking point but that doesn't make it true. All you have to do is cite specific examples. That shouldn't be too hard if you are as intelligent and well informed as you would have everyone here believe.

I think everyone should vote for the candidate that most closely represents their opinions and point of view. People should also vote for the candidate that actually has a chance to get things done.
Bagdad Bob

Clark Mills, NY

#95 Jun 16, 2014
Yeah hanna is our guy he will save us. Tenny no good take it from me and vote for hanna. He dont have to debate with infadels
Taxpayer

Ithaca, NY

#96 Jun 16, 2014
Hannah Supporter wrote:
Only by taking the facts away and using the slightest bit of truth do you get the statement above.
This is why we can't have nice things. People like this would rather lie to get "their" candidate elected.
How about instead, you tell us what your candidate will do instead of what their opponent has done. I have yet to hear a single thing Tenney has done or will do.
An incumbent is obligated to defend his record.
Truth

Whitesboro, NY

#97 Jun 16, 2014
Well, it looks like Richard Hanna's supporter's are again engaging in name calling in order to cover Richard Hanna's unwillingness to publicly defend his record in a debate.

Why does Hanna need ads paid for by a Washington DC based radical left wing lobby firm owned by the gay billionaire? Why should Central New York Republicans listen to that group?

When is Richard Hanna planning to switch parties to the Democrats? I mean, isn't that the reason why Oneida County Democratic Chairman discouraged anyone from running against Hanna?

I just want to know the truth. If Richard Hanna had strong grassroots Central New York support why does he need this out of state support.

Also, how long after the election will Richard Hanna announce he is changing parties to Democrat? After, it's the only logical reason why the local Democrats didn't run their own candidate.
Anonymous

Utica, NY

#98 Jun 16, 2014
Hes an establishment RINO now and needs to go...Tenney's gotta be better...
teo cormac

Syracuse, NY

#99 Jun 16, 2014
truth,

Perhaps you could inform the rest of us how strong Rep. Hanna is for "women's rights".

Has he lobbied for women's right to vote?

Or perhaps he thinks that women aren't paid the same as men for the same job?

Has he legislated that women should not be chattel?

Exactly what has he done for women?

Today women are not chattel, can vote and are paid the same for the same work as men by law.

So did Rep Hanna do this all by himself? Well no all this was legislated long before he entered the house.

Of course you think that republicans hate women and want to keep them pregnant and barefoot because every right thinking person knows that. I mean its not like they are married to women or have daughters or anything.

You are nothing more than a lefty trollish hack who for some reason is trying to make everyone believe that you are a concerned republican.

But since you brought up women's rights please explain exactly what you mean by that expression.

Is it the right to abortion and at what stage of development is a "fetus" allowed to be aborted?

Is it because he is against the White House paying it's women staff less than the male staff?

Please tell us how Rep. Hanna has helped women in his time in office at the same time he allows his advocates to treat Ms Tenney as a second class citizen with their endorsement ads attacking her with rather misleading advertisements?

Yeah he respects women so much that he will not speak to her face to face in front of the voters that he leaves the dirty work to third party advocates.

Is he so afraid of women that he can't face them but allows others to say things that he wouldn't say himself on his own behalf I would have to assume that he is anti woman, a coward or a pawn of Washington's elite.

So again tell us how he is such a women's advocate.
BS and more BS

Albany, NY

#100 Jun 17, 2014
Gay Billionaire wrote:
<quoted text>
That's simple to answer. Tenney got the idea to run against Hanna from a growing list of Central New York Republicans who are tired of Hanna left leaning votes, his calling fellow Republicans extremists and telling women to donate their money to Democrats.
Central New York Republicans are also dismayed by Hanna getting his support from some bizarre Washington DC based gay billionaire and the Oneida Indian Nation. Of course Hanna needs them because his local support has dried up.
AND I thought the answer would have been much simpler, like maybe "lil John Brennan" (that twit) along with a hand full of valley azzhools had a hand in it.

Tenny is a puppet and a half. She mows Brennan's lawn while he drinks beer and watches. Why she thinks he's anything is beyond me.
Utica Guy

Carthage, NY

#101 Jun 17, 2014
The important thing is that Claudia Tenney will move forward with impeachment proceedings for Nobama.
Im for Tenny

Clark Mills, NY

#102 Jun 17, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Hes an establishment RINO now and needs to go...Tenney's gotta be better...
Excellent point. Pretty pithy too.
Utica Guy

Carthage, NY

#103 Jun 17, 2014
Republican Voter wrote:
Since you seem to be well connected with Hanna's campaign why don't you answer some of the questions. I can't see how Republicans can support a Candidate who will likely switch parties anyway and who's biggest supporter is some far left wing Washington DC based lobbyist.
You forgot to mention the flow of filthy money from the gays and the redskins. Tenney accepts no support from such...people.

It's time for a change. It's time for Claudia Tenney.
kissmyazz

Herkimer, NY

#104 Jun 17, 2014
how about Tenney's strong connection to blue dog Mike Arcurri who helped get her son get into the military academy...there's no RHINO in her. Interesting that she would have such a connection to a controversial democrat who lost his seat to Hanna.
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#105 Jun 17, 2014
teo cormac wrote:
truth,
Perhaps you could inform the rest of us how strong Rep. Hanna is for "women's rights".
Has he lobbied for women's right to vote?
Or perhaps he thinks that women aren't paid the same as men for the same job?
Has he legislated that women should not be chattel?
Exactly what has he done for women?
Today women are not chattel, can vote and are paid the same for the same work as men by law.
..........
So again tell us how he is such a women's advocate.
Great deflection. I'm still waiting for someone to cite exactly what "left - leaning" votes Hanna has cast.

While I'm waiting I'll answer this latest rambling slight of hand move. One poster here has posted the same Tenney talking points ad nauseam. Among them is the one about Hanna telling women to donate to Democrats. As I've written before, he said this at a rally in support of the Equal Rights Amendment and the context is this. He was the only Republican to show up at the rally. He showed up in support of equal rights for women and ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. He told women to donate to the party that best represents their interests. He said that right now, given the current makeup of the two major parties, it would be Democrats that best represent the needs of women. Do you disagree with that? I would say that showing up at that rally and saying what he said demonstrates how much he supports and advocates for women. How could anyone disagree with that given the context?

Hanna has nothing to gain by debating Tenney. Tenney wants to debate because she has everything to gain. Why would he want to debate? He has a record. Explanations for every vote are available 24/7 on his congressional website. Have you bothered to read any of them? I think you'd find that in many cases things aren't just black and white and can't be summarized in a one sentence sound bite in a political ad. He gave out his phone number on the radio and invited anyone interested to call him and ask whatever they want. Did you try that?

Tenney's advocates are running ads full of half-truths and outright lies. Do you also condemn them? The candidates have nothing to do with ads run by PAC's. At least that's what Tenney said on the Talk of the Town radio show. When questioned about negative campaign ads against Hanna she said the only ad she put out says "I'm Claudia Tenney, small business owner and Marine mom. I'm running for congress." She denies any connection with the anti-Hanna ads. That interview and her shrill, over-talking of the questioner before he could get the entire question out was a negative. For me anyway.

"Left wing trollish hack"? That goes a long way to demonstrating how much knowledge and insight you have when it comes to this. I am not as far right as Tenney but I can assure you I am no where near the left. Of course I recognize and understand too that name calling a strong signal that you have no valid point to make. I can also assure you I have absolutely no connection with the Hanna campaign, an interested PAC or the Republican(or Democrat) party. I'm a voter that looks at all of the evidence and makes an informed decision about who best represents my interests. I've decided that's Hanna in this case.
teo cormac

Greig, NY

#106 Jun 18, 2014
Truth,

I wasn't the one who brought up "women's rights" it was you. And heaven knows what would Ms. Tenney know about women's rights and all that. Your man obviously knows more about women than a mere woman would.

Hanna's support for a new ERA says plenty about his and your left wing view of the constitution. There are already laws on the books that give women the same rights as men. The country went through this nonsense in the '70's and the effort fell flat. Not so much because the country is made up of members of the "he-man woman's haters club" but because the constitution does not need to be amended to give women the same rights that they already enjoy today.(As an aside women in some cases actually have more "rights" than men as anyone who has gone through child custody proceedings in family courts or that women who bring up false charges of rape are rarely prosecuted for their attempt at destroying the reputation of the accused with false accusations.)

And I know that you will call me a misogynist but that is because you are the type of person who cannot defend the need for a new ERA and so ad hominum is you reflexive reply. Straw men and all.

It is funny how you are quick to claim you are an observer and not an activist for Rep. Hanna's campaign but by doing so you reveal yourself to be exactly what you deny.

My original point was that Rep. Hanna owes his constituents a fair and open debate with Tenney. Your point seems to be that Hanna doesn't need to give that opportunity to his constituents and anyone who thinks so can go pound sand. What a sad commentary on Rep. Hanna's contempt for those he represents and yours.

There is a reason that out of district PACs are flooding the airways with anti-Tenney ads and that would appear to be because he has become a member of the Washington elite and can be counted on to do their bidding when he is reelected.

He has become the personification of Orwell's Pigs in "Animal Farm".

"...peering through the window it was impossible to tell the pigs from the man and the man from the pigs.".

So you agree with Rep. Hanna and the ruling class that the proles are beneath contempt and should just shut up and be happy to say thank you sir for the crust of bread and tug on our forelock to show our fealty.
Da Law

Tully, NY

#107 Jun 19, 2014
WTF wrote:
If you want your Federal Representative to be a class act and not campaign by throwing turds with a toilet brush (with OINkers paying for it), vote for Dick..
But there's no racism in the Tenney campaign.
looking for the pension

Utica, NY

#108 Jun 20, 2014
A congressman elected for three terms. Count thems 3...say again 3...repeat after me 3. Receives a congressional pension FOR LIFE. That includes health benefits for life. That's why he doesn't want to run the risk of a poor debate performance. Notwithstanding the fact that his net worth is valued between $14-20 million he still wants the pension benefit... period. Sad, very sad!
kissmyazz

Herkimer, NY

#109 Jun 21, 2014
Utica Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention the flow of filthy money from the gays and the redskins. Tenney accepts no support from such...people.
It's time for a change. It's time for Claudia Tenney.
There are gays that are republicans in this community. Did you know that gays were hired and worked at the family-owned business Pennysaver for a long time. When the gay blanket was coming to town in the 90's free, full page ads were featured in all of the Pennysaver editions for several weeks. You were not allowed to speak about the gay employees being gay. Further, Bosnians were hired over locals because there was a financial incentive to do so.
Liar liar

United States

#110 Jun 21, 2014
kissmyazz wrote:
how about Tenney's strong connection to blue dog Mike Arcurri who helped get her son get into the military academy...there's no RHINO in her. Interesting that she would have such a connection to a controversial democrat who lost his seat to Hanna.
Wow stretching things are we? Mike couldn't even his own son any play at his school liar liar pantsuit on fire! Did he call up the Marines and just ask nice for her? This is why you people get hammered cycle after cycle and year after year you'd do better to let parrots decide and pull the lever for you. That whole region is just packed to the rafters with unworldly and inventively suspicious morons who dream up nonsense and run with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Castlewood cafe 14 min Food 17
Trump used Russian dressing on his salad 15 min Truth 18
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 16 min Noone 31
Ray Durso and Genesis 19 min Aldo 2
Work On Aud Improvements 30 min DUNCE FINDER 296
SERIOUS MISCONDUCT revealied in Oneida County! 36 min En Engles Por Favor 13
Ariana Grande Dead 40 min Breaking News 1
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 2 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 649
any famous people living currently in utica? (Dec '08) 6 hr Mickey 435
Was Brooks forced out 6 hr Stan Jackson 231

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages