Is Gov. Cuomo evil? Now he's after th...

Is Gov. Cuomo evil? Now he's after the...

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1 May 11, 2013
Is Governor Andrew Cuomo evil? It looks like he is now trying to exploit the Native Americans. Hasn't our government done enough to them? Maybe the Native Americans should join together and help lead the fight to out Cuomo!

I believe most of us here have more respect for the Native Americans than we do the politicians from Albany.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/213962/37/Go...
CNY Taxpayer

Manlius, NY

#2 May 11, 2013
NYGunman wrote:
Is Governor Andrew Cuomo evil? It looks like he is now trying to exploit the Native Americans. Hasn't our government done enough to them? Maybe the Native Americans should join together and help lead the fight to out Cuomo!
I believe most of us here have more respect for the Native Americans than we do the politicians from Albany.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/213962/37/Go...
As part of the democratic process, we SHOULD be having these conversations. That does not make Cuomo evil, it makes him Governor.
freebie the bean

Long Eddy, NY

#3 May 11, 2013
The govt. has done more than level the playing field for the indians, esp. the OIN. A $300M/year enterprise that pays nada in any type of tax. If legalize voting ever comes up as a voter referendum OIN will pay at least $100M in campaign literature to every voter in NYS. Look at the last O.C. Sheriff race...how much did they put up for that? I totally despise Andrew the Pious but I think gambling should be legalize here because there is a market for it as the Turning Stone has shown.
freebie the bean

Long Eddy, NY

#4 May 11, 2013
I meant to say "legalized gambling" comes up in a voter referendum. My error.
pull trump card fire all

AOL

#5 May 11, 2013
freebie the bean wrote:
The govt. has done more than level the playing field for the indians, esp. the OIN. A $300M/year enterprise that pays nada in any type of tax. If legalize voting ever comes up as a voter referendum OIN will pay at least $100M in campaign literature to every voter in NYS. Look at the last O.C. Sheriff race...how much did they put up for that? I totally despise Andrew the Pious but I think gambling should be legalize here because there is a market for it as the Turning Stone has shown.
What those Indians should do is one, drop Destito and do their own liquor, two close those casinos and fire everybody. Sure, they will lose money but think of the jollies everybody will have when those unemployment lines are long and those hard core gamblers have no other place to go other than slot machines havens. It would be a circus. The loss of revenue riddled with cost of unemployment would be an embarassment to Cuomo.

Remember, with no major stars this area would drown.

I'd close the place down on my terms if I were Halbritter and watch the fun begin. As for politics, if they are manipulating the political arena, then they can pay white man's taxes. Remember, most that go there are the white man and his money. I will say they should pay the state earnings made from the white man, but at the same time I think they should show everybody even if it means closing the place down the alleged value it has for the tri-county area.
Justice

New York, NY

#6 May 11, 2013
NYGunman wrote:
Is Governor Andrew Cuomo evil? It looks like he is now trying to exploit the Native Americans. Hasn't our government done enough to them? Maybe the Native Americans should join together and help lead the fight to out Cuomo!
I believe most of us here have more respect for the Native Americans than we do the politicians from Albany.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/213962/37/Go...
I as a tax payer feel that it's time Cuomo does what he has to do to better our state. Our governor has Not done anything to the native americans. If anyone has done anything to them it's Ray Halbritter himself. He has taken more from his people than our ancestors ever thought of. It's not up to them to fight to get Cuomo out. So stop crying poor mouth for them. I think Cuomo is headed in the right direction by allowing more state owned casinos in New York.
Justice

New York, NY

#7 May 11, 2013
pull trump card fire all wrote:
<quoted text>
What those Indians should do is one, drop Destito and do their own liquor, two close those casinos and fire everybody. Sure, they will lose money but think of the jollies everybody will have when those unemployment lines are long and those hard core gamblers have no other place to go other than slot machines havens. It would be a circus. The loss of revenue riddled with cost of unemployment would be an embarassment to Cuomo.
Remember, with no major stars this area would drown.
I'd close the place down on my terms if I were Halbritter and watch the fun begin. As for politics, if they are manipulating the political arena, then they can pay white man's taxes. Remember, most that go there are the white man and his money. I will say they should pay the state earnings made from the white man, but at the same time I think they should show everybody even if it means closing the place down the alleged value it has for the tri-county area.
Exactly that's why we are going to have State owned casinos in New York. Let Halbritter whine all he wants. Make threats, bully and abuse everyone. He treats his own people like dirt. He claims everything he does is for his people which is a lie. The people of New York State are taxed to death and it's about time we let casino's work for us too. Too bad who don't like it.
Senator Doofuss

Albany, NY

#8 May 11, 2013
Andy is surely a bully. Evil?? that remains to be seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Youth Hockey 2 min Trust me 2
jill real 40 min Marky mark 34
purple cow wings (Nov '14) 42 min Trump 9
What Can you tell me about Amanda LoGalbo 2 hr bullshlt 2
State Legion Tourney 7 hr Skip 625 8
Hillary Best Choice 7 hr Oops 13
top basketball players 9 hr Hoop Comment 19
Turning stone 15 hr Murder 48

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages