When did the real mob fizzle out in U...

When did the real mob fizzle out in Utica?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Don Da Jula

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Sep 11, 2008
I was wondering when the real mob fizzled out in Utica? Im talking about the Italian mob that had connections to NYC and all over the country. Who took over after Falcone died- if anyone? I know there are still drug dealers/bookies/pimps, etc, but I want to know about the actual mob- where they induct members, have a boss etc.
I'm pretty sure it happened in the late 80's when businesses started to leave the city- and the money started to leave. I doubt there are any old time wiseguys who even know how to turn on a computer, but maybe your father or grandfather has told you stuff.
John

Syracuse, NY

#2 Sep 11, 2008
Yeah my father has-they were idiots who ruined the city. Now we have a fake, wannabe mafia who are a bunch of even bigger retards.
piggy palins pimp

New York, NY

#3 Sep 11, 2008
italians are not known for their intellect
JAIL

Rome, NY

#4 Sep 11, 2008
da
Think again

AOL

#5 Sep 11, 2008
piggy palins pimp wrote:
italians are not known for their intellect
Think again. Greatest civilization in the world. Taught all you Mayonnaise's to eat with knives and forks and not to crap in your living rooms.
Cadillac Jack

Utica, NY

#6 Sep 11, 2008
There's no such thing as the Mafia..it's all Hollywood BS..
piggy palins pimp

New York, NY

#7 Sep 11, 2008
oh come on Think Again, the negroes of europe couldn't think their way out of a box of pasta!
John

Syracuse, NY

#8 Sep 11, 2008
Think again wrote:
<quoted text>
Think again. Greatest civilization in the world. Taught all you Mayonnaise's to eat with knives and forks and not to crap in your living rooms.
The Greeks were the first to use forks.
John

Syracuse, NY

#9 Sep 11, 2008
and I think the use of knives dates back a little farther than when Italy was a civilization
Keyser Soze

Ithaca, NY

#10 Sep 11, 2008
The truth of the matter is..........only here in America do we glamourize the Mafia. In Italy, they are thought of as evil and are looked down on as a disgraceful blemish on Italian society.
Nana

New York, NY

#11 Sep 11, 2008
I lived during the days "THE MOB" was in Utica - we are a booming economy and you could walk the streets at night without getting mugged or shot. The drug dealers did NOT control this city and if they had even tried, the Mob would have taken care of them so they would never be heard of or seen ever again! Yes, there were gambling parlors, houses of prosetution, and after hours clubs - so what? No one (pribate citizens) ever got hurt; these were "victimless" places as no one forced you to go to any of them unless you wanted to. IMO - bring back the Mob - they will clean up this City alot faster than UPD can.
John

Syracuse, NY

#12 Sep 11, 2008
You truly are not an intelligent person.
John

Syracuse, NY

#13 Sep 11, 2008
If you really believe that bringing the mafia back would make this city a better place to live, there's something wrong with you.
time will tell

Ithaca, NY

#14 Sep 11, 2008
When you think of the Italians you might also consider Enrico Fermi, John Ciardi, Richard Russo, Umberto Eco, Antonin Scalia, and Virgil Crisafulli, just to mention a few brainiacs. This is not to deny that the Italians have among them an average share of dummies scumbags. But to deny the Italian contribution to culture and American society is tantamount to denying the importance of Henry's Pancake House to Falcone and his org.
anonymous

Tully, NY

#15 Sep 11, 2008
John from Oneida must be mayonnaise. Because if he were Italian he wouldn't dare talk like that.
BPS1

Rome, NY

#16 Sep 11, 2008
I'm an Italian American and very proud of it. As a child, I was exposed to the local Mafia. I was impressed to say the least. Wrongly so. They are garbage make no mistake. Don't believe the movies or the media. These guys will rob a one eyed man's glass eye. Like them or not, people like Mario Cuomo, Anthony Scalia and the like are men to look up to. Not John Gotti. Just my $.02
John

Syracuse, NY

#18 Sep 11, 2008
There are without a doubt a LOT of accomplished, smart Italians.
Don Da Jula

Whitesboro, NY

#19 Sep 12, 2008
Back to my original question- does anyone know what happened after Falcone died? When did the real mob in Utica disintegrate? Did these guys move elsewhere or just die out or what? I'm talking about "made guys"- They did exist here back in the day. Anyone with some real information?
knuckles

New York, NY

#20 Sep 12, 2008
Dis topic of conversation is not something that should be discussed on a public forum. I highly suggest dat youse guys wrap it up and switch topics. Capiche?
Frank

Boston, MA

#21 Sep 12, 2008
Capiche capouche.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rob esche getting divorced 15 min Down Low Rob Queen 19
Black Faces Scare Me 43 min MLK 3
What is FSMC Hiding! 1 hr ROG NASA 37
New York Taxes Highest in US - AGAIN! 1 hr ROG NASA 20
what happened to busy corner cafe (Nov '14) 2 hr Mhayes 7
Amanda donoHoe 3 hr Ralphie 16
Js auto aka jason Shultz 3 hr pete the rat 9
irish center enough is enough 4 hr Waah Wahh Uticans 59
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 4 hr Not like Kelly does 55
Babes North Utica What Is Up With The Owner?? D... 4 hr Dirt shoot 45