st agnes Cemetery on Mohawk street Ce...

st agnes Cemetery on Mohawk street Cemetery on waverly place

Posted in the Utica Forum

cicero

Cortland, NY

#1 Aug 23, 2010
people pay for perpetual care to their graves and the cemetery's are not living up the the agreement that they where paid to upkeep overgrown grass and bushes and trees broken headstones trees crushing headstones st agnes Cemetery on Mohawk street Cemetery on waverly place overgrown grass respect the dead and live up to your agreements
cicero

Cortland, NY

#2 Aug 23, 2010
Perpetual care is money paid to help provide maintenance to graves and cemeteries, such as lawnmowing and fertilizing. Perpetual care is kept in its own account, and the money paid by the individual(s) purchasing a lot is deposited into that account. Only the interest, and not the principal, of the perpetual care account may be expended for care of cemeteries.
Honestly

Syracuse, NY

#3 Aug 23, 2010
What does that mean?No one is going to mow the Gosh darn lawn?
Future Resident

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Aug 23, 2010
I visit more than a few times a year so I know what goes on there. They do an acceptable job.
Really

Syracuse, NY

#6 Aug 24, 2010
My parents are there and its always kept very nice.
cicero

Cortland, NY

#7 Aug 24, 2010
it is unacceptable to see busted up graves knocked down broken and the only ones that are broken are the very old ones to the right behind the pizza shop bushes growing 20 feet tall 2trees and a headstone in the middle 2 bushes 20feet high and when you look in the middle you find a marker. when you and all your loved ones are gone with no one to plant flowers and you have paid for Perpetual care they knock it down and its over no marker no care some of the headstones have a stamp or marker saying perpetual care and some don't and some are just gone all the graves are very old also so if you believe that you will be taken care of forever your wrong because its all up to the cemetery and if they want to knock it down and place the blame somewhere also and if no one takes care of it then they take it away
cicero

Cortland, NY

#8 Aug 24, 2010
reasons why i bring this up http://www.uticaod.com/archive/x227288768/Pub... you would think the mayor would do something about this and the broken headstones since he is an undertaker/owner of a funeral home and respects the dead
Hey Cicero

Whitesboro, NY

#9 Aug 25, 2010
It's not worth responding to your stupidity because you wouldn't understand anyways. Go get an education!
help

Rome, NY

#10 Dec 8, 2011
If anyone ever have complaints about saint agnes cemetery call Gilroy Kernan& Gilroy,they are the board that runs the cemetery.I know for a fact that the workers have been short handed in the last several years,supposably they were told to keep the pay role down .I know several of the low position workers have been doing double their jobs with old equipment,like tamping a grave by hand not machine or filling in the graves by hand.I know they have complained about doing double the work unfortunitly to deaf ears.I know some of the low position workers have not been happy the way the cemetery has been running.
Tells It Like It Is

Baldwinsville, NY

#11 Dec 8, 2011
My dad has resided there for over 30 years, and the only complaint I have is the weedwacking and mowing sprays the grass clippings against the headstone to stick and dry out against it. I would rather just clean off the clippings than have to trim it myself. I believe the cemetary workers take care of the grounds, roads, etc., but not the plants, flowers, shrubs, etc. that families plant on the gravesite at the headstone. The families are responsible for trimming and maintaining their plantings. If a worker trims it not to the family's liking, then the family complains. So, to prevent problems, the cemetary workers don't touch private items. They do remove downed trees, but any headstone damage is the family responsibility. They could hardly remain in the black if they had to handle private damage.
boywonder

AOL

#12 Dec 8, 2011
I have no complaints about the cemetry. Had lots of fun there as a teenager. What really ticks me off is the people who plant bushes meant for hedges, trees that interfere with planting and trimming. I have my daughter there and am always there cleaning around, but the guy next door planted two very fast growing bushes which is starting to obsure my stone. My advice to you folks is to think before you plant. Get some info regarding the tree or bush as to how big it gets. And you cemetary people, do not allow this and then complain. Thank You!
Shame

Carthage, NY

#13 May 28, 2014
I was just at the cemetery this weekend for memorial day , alot is not done,the cemetery is in bad shape,looks like more than half the cemetery has not been weeded yet,I geuss the rumors are true that there is a new superintendant !
What happen

Carthage, NY

#14 Jun 4, 2014
Does anyone know why weeding has not been done at the cemetery?
the obvious answer

Ilion, NY

#15 Jun 4, 2014
What happen wrote:
Does anyone know why weeding has not been done at the cemetery?
Because nobody did it.
What happen

Carthage, NY

#16 Jun 5, 2014
Well then then big question is wny not ,people are getting paid for it are they not?I geuss its something new that u have to do it yourself!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
utica/county to help fund downtown hospital garage 8 min aurelio bianco 4
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 19 min Welfare wendy 134
Frank Pelli wrong for North Utica Again take. Down 35 min The people 1
mother met life (Mar '10) 35 min PlanetoftheApes 12
dont you have someone to sue 49 min brianna 3
Bill Murray In Utica 52 min WAITING COWARD SC... 21
Sexless Marriage 53 min WAITING COWARD SC... 43
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 1 hr Keep hopinFag 197
Tried Anal-Hated It! 1 hr Amanda 22

Utica Jobs