Private Utica Auditorium Parking

Private Utica Auditorium Parking

Posted in the Utica Forum

More Utica Trash

Utica, NY

#1 Dec 27, 2013
Decided to go to a Comets game, figured I'd take the kids to see a game. Arrived early and paid $5 to park on the corner of Oriskany and Broadway (Tartan textile?). As it turns out, the Aud was only selling single seats for the game which didn't work for our family so I had to leave. I explained what happened to the parking attendant, he was well aware of the Aud ticket situation but wouldn't give me the $5 back.

I guess I wasn't the only victim, he said others had to leave for the same reason.

I have noticed for UC Hockey games other local private parking lots with either cardboard signs or informing the drivers (coming in) if there is limited or no tickets available.

Not Tartan Textile, hope the attendant uses the money to replace his sweatpants with the holes.

I guess this type of thing should be expected when attempting to enjoy something in Utica.
hockey

Clinton, NY

#2 Dec 27, 2013
More Utica Trash wrote:
Decided to go to a Comets game, figured I'd take the kids to see a game. Arrived early and paid $5 to park on the corner of Oriskany and Broadway (Tartan textile?). As it turns out, the Aud was only selling single seats for the game which didn't work for our family so I had to leave. I explained what happened to the parking attendant, he was well aware of the Aud ticket situation but wouldn't give me the $5 back.

I guess I wasn't the only victim, he said others had to leave for the same reason.

I have noticed for UC Hockey games other local private parking lots with either cardboard signs or informing the drivers (coming in) if there is limited or no tickets available.

Not Tartan Textile, hope the attendant uses the money to replace his sweatpants with the holes.

I guess this type of thing should be expected when attempting to enjoy something in Utica.
So you couldn't buy two seats together? What the heck?
Comets Game

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 27, 2013
True, no seats being sold next to one another.
Riggs

Malone, NY

#4 Dec 27, 2013
More Utica Trash wrote:
If you were not a moron you would of bought tickets earlier in the day.
annoyed

Little Falls, NY

#5 Dec 27, 2013
Maybe he dos not know how to write a sign! Now he can use the money he makes to go to school!!!
Magdalena

Herkimer, NY

#6 Dec 27, 2013
More Utica Trash wrote:
That's a pretty lousy situation, but you really can't blame the parking guy. You gave him $5, and he gave you a parking space, so you did get what you paid for.

It's a shame that you can't even enjoy a family friendly evening in Utica. People wonder why Utica continues to brain drain, and this is just another reason why!
hockey

Clinton, NY

#7 Dec 27, 2013
Riggs wrote:
<quoted text>If you were not a moron you would of bought tickets earlier in the day.
Maybe he wasn't sure earlier in the day if he would be able to go or not. You are a moron for making a statement like that. I was thinking about going to the game also, but wasn't sure if company was still going to be at my house or not. Therefore I was not able to make a decision until about 6:00.
Comets fan

Massena, NY

#8 Dec 27, 2013
People in Utica are so cheap. This situation sucks that there were no tickets but for someone to actually make a topix post about losing 5 bucks is ridiculous. Utica is really messed up man. I tip the my gas pumper 5 bucks during the holidays and I'm not rich. What now are they not supposed to be sold out for you. It's not the parking guys job to tell you how many seats are left. There is a huge free lot between city court and hotel,Utica
lunatic fringe

Ashburn, VA

#9 Dec 27, 2013
So you are saying he should call ahead and find out if you will be able to get a ticket before selling you a parking spot? Would you like him to fetch you a beer and a hot dog too?
More Utica Trash wrote:

Level 2

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#10 Dec 28, 2013
More Utica Trash wrote:
You parked your car there so quit complaining. If you are that cheap you should have dropped the kids off close to the door and found a free spot to park in.
Non Truth

United States

#11 Dec 30, 2013
Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty lousy situation, but you really can't blame the parking guy. You gave him $5, and he gave you a parking space, so you did get what you paid for.
It's a shame that you can't even enjoy a family friendly evening in Utica. People wonder why Utica continues to brain drain, and this is just another reason why!
Spot on. But do remember most in utica have the mentality of "something for nothing" or their government handouts. The parking lot attendant did his job. That's all he's required to do.
Phil

Ithaca, NY

#12 Dec 30, 2013
Get there by 6 or 615 and park in police station lot for free. It's a public free lot. Can't get any closer to Aud.
Meter Maid

Little Falls, NY

#13 Dec 30, 2013
Phil wrote:
Get there by 6 or 615 and park in police station lot for free. It's a public free lot. Can't get any closer to Aud.
Yeah and your car will probably get robbed too.
rip off parking again

United States

#14 Dec 30, 2013
More Utica Trash wrote:
So now it is $5, some nights it is $10. Did you ask for a reciept? Is the owner of the lot(who is it?) reporting the income from collecting these parking fees? This has been an ongoing issue...same thing happens at UC hockey games. YES, there has been vehicles broken into around the AUD...and not much the police will help you with. They should be driving around the area during game time...since there has been so MANY vehicle break-in during hockey games. Be sure s report is filed, so it is on record with UPD. No report, then they can say there isn't a rash of break-ins. THERE HAVE BEEN AT LEAST ONE EVERY HOCKEY GAME!
Kleenex Giver

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 30, 2013
So you're mad because you waited until the last second to go to a hockey game that sold out, then didn't get reimbursed for parking after you parked your car? And it's who's fault? Sad story.
rip off parking again

United States

#16 Dec 30, 2013
Kleenex Giver wrote:
So you're mad because you waited until the last second to go to a hockey game that sold out, then didn't get reimbursed for parking after you parked your car? And it's who's fault? Sad story.
Oh, please give the person a refund. When he left the parking spot empty, the guy just collected another illegal $5, from the next car he parked in that spot. And it money collected that is not reported to the IRS. THIS SCAM has been going on too long around the AUD.
REQUEST A RECEIPT FROM THE SO CALLED PARKING WILL LOT COMPANY...OR SCAMMERS.
The whole parking situation at AID is not on the up and up. Give out a printed receipt!
The money is going into someone's pocket...even the lot adjacent to AUD, gives you a raffle ticket for a receipt. ALL lots in other cities give a legit parking receipt...not the Utica!! Ripped off again by these people not paying taxes on money collected from parking lots. Just saying...we are not dumb...and see what is going on here in UTICA!
Tartan

Springfield, NJ

#17 Dec 30, 2013
Tartan textile does not own that building it's is Grimaldi sheet metal
rip off parking again

United States

#18 Dec 30, 2013
Tartan wrote:
At last a name of the owner of the lots charging for parking. So are they reporting this taxable income? Time for Attorney General's office to get this parking money reported as income. ASK FOR A LEGITIMATE RECIEPT FOR ANY MONEY PAID...should have company name, address, and company phone number on receipt.
HVAC

Clinton, NY

#19 Dec 30, 2013
Tartan wrote:
Grimaldi Sheet Metal is on 3rd ave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unstable Fire Marshall 33 min Witchcraft 32
Roy Moore 50 min trump eats moochkok 74
Dina Puglise Palidino (Sep '11) 57 min Sad 7
Traci Gigliotti 1 hr Leroy 7
WKTV New Weather Set 1 hr Melonhead 4
TENNEY supports corporate welfare, not us. 1 hr common cents 30
Ajaeb Liquor store froms years ago (Apr '12) 1 hr nicA 5
Keeler oweing money 3 hr Taxpayer 55
on wktv this morn 4 hr Jimrat 8
New Hartford Baskets 6 hr hmmm 23