EmiliaBorelli at the OD

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Aug 5, 2012
Anyone have any stories to share about working for this witch?
sensible guy

Cortland, NY

#2 Aug 5, 2012
Ask Nick!
AdvertisingNight mare

Herkimer, NY

#3 Aug 6, 2012
Just look at the constant openings in the newspaper at the OD in the Advertising department run by Borelli. She has probably gone through a few hundred employees in the last few years.Must be a reason why!
Gone with the Wind

Herkimer, NY

#4 Aug 15, 2012
More openings in the OD on Sunday. Where? You guessed it! The OD advertising department run by Emilia Borelli. Gee, how much revenue did the OD loose when Billy Fuccillo didn't run ads in the OD?

Emilia has gone through hundreds of employees in the last few years and always blames somebody else for her failures. Sounds like Barack Obama doesn't it? What does Donna Donovan do. Nothing! This will catch with the paper soon.
former employee

Baldwinsville, NY

#5 Aug 19, 2012
The only reason she is still there is becasue DD backs her management style and thinks it is wonderful. According to DD a good manager belittles her staff in public, lies to them, and cheats them out of commission earned. I wonder what class taught that style.
What the heck

Herkimer, NY

#7 Aug 20, 2012
This is typical of Donna Donovan management style. Be critical and negative toward your employee, and if they succeed beyond these odds, drag them down and belittle them again. That is why Emilia Borelli, her left hand stooge, is still there. Emilia has a history degree, perhaps Donna should realize that and make Borelli a piece of history! That probably won't happen though. Donna Donovan's theory is that to make yourself look good, surround yourself with idiots. Enough Said! Oh, by the way, don't give anyone raises for 4 years except yourself Donna!

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

New Berlin, NY

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Dude people need to get o borad with a huge boycott of this paper
What the heck

Herkimer, NY

#9 Aug 20, 2012
The management at Gatehouse Media needs to fire the entire remaining OD Upper staff. They have been there far too long and are merely Donna Donovan's stooges. I am sure when she has her daily meetings with them it must be like looking a a bunch of bobbleheads. What company would allow the present group of stooges ruin the place like these people? Only Gatehouse Media management!

Emilia Borelli is so incompetent that she couldn't even sell ads, so that's probably why she got promoted in the first place. A major stooge!
Emilia

Utica, NY

#10 Aug 20, 2012
Hey guys. I work hard. It's not my fault. Try to be a little less harsh.
ron

Utica, NY

#11 Aug 20, 2012
Emilia wrote:
Hey guys. I work hard. It's not my fault. Try to be a little less harsh.
She doesn't live in Utica.
ODWatcher

Herkimer, NY

#12 Aug 21, 2012
Waa, waa, waa, waa! Emilia is a crybaby. She doesn't like what she reads but she knows it's the truth. Let's look at her complaints.

#1- She says she works hard. At what? Even if you work hard and get nothing done you are not productive. Is that you? Why is the OD revenue tanking? It's you and Donna!

#2 - It's not my fault! So who do you want to blame? Is is Donna Donovan? Maybe! Is it Gatehouse Media, Maybe. Who else Emilia? Maybe you can blame George Bush! Step up and take responsibility for your actions!

#3 - Try to be a little less harsh she says on Topix. Why???? Emilia, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen! Period!

You should realize, by this time, that you have ruined many careers, messed up family's that need the income, and basically trashed everyone that ever worked at the OD in your department. There was nobody that was ever good enough or they were no good. That's your spin on everything! Are you proud of that? Seems like you are the problem. How many former employees that ever worked for you wanted to use you as a reference for a new job? Post that!

You reap what you sow! Let's see what happens now.
WoW

Cortland, NY

#13 Aug 21, 2012
Her husband is a very nice guy!
ron

Utica, NY

#14 Aug 21, 2012
ODWatcher wrote:
Waa, waa, waa, waa! Emilia is a crybaby. She doesn't like what she reads but she knows it's the truth. Let's look at her complaints.
#1- She says she works hard. At what? Even if you work hard and get nothing done you are not productive. Is that you? Why is the OD revenue tanking? It's you and Donna!
#2 - It's not my fault! So who do you want to blame? Is is Donna Donovan? Maybe! Is it Gatehouse Media, Maybe. Who else Emilia? Maybe you can blame George Bush! Step up and take responsibility for your actions!
#3 - Try to be a little less harsh she says on Topix. Why???? Emilia, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen! Period!
You should realize, by this time, that you have ruined many careers, messed up family's that need the income, and basically trashed everyone that ever worked at the OD in your department. There was nobody that was ever good enough or they were no good. That's your spin on everything! Are you proud of that? Seems like you are the problem. How many former employees that ever worked for you wanted to use you as a reference for a new job? Post that!
You reap what you sow! Let's see what happens now.
That's not her.
Emilia

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 21, 2012
I don't want you people talking about me on here anymore. I am only trying to do the best I can.
WoW

Cortland, NY

#16 Aug 22, 2012
Ok we'll stop Emeilia!
Interested in LF

Herkimer, NY

#18 Aug 23, 2012
The comments have stopped about Emilia B. Whether the Emilia that posted comments is from Utica doesn't matter. I don't think the real Emilia B. is stupid enough to respond on Topix in the first place. Hopefully the real Emilia B. Will read these comments and learn something from them.
ODisdying

Bloomfield, NY

#19 Nov 27, 2012
I heard Emilia left the OD!
GoneAtLast

Herkimer, NY

#20 Nov 30, 2012
Emilia is finally leaving. Her nasty actions and lack of management skills finally caught up to her. Maybe she'll end up working for someone that she fired. Wouldn't that be justice?
former OD reader

Utica, NY

#21 Nov 30, 2012
Working for someone that she fired is a very strong possibility. After all she fired or drove out just about everyone that ever worked for her.
GoneAtLast wrote:
Emilia is finally leaving. Her nasty actions and lack of management skills finally caught up to her. Maybe she'll end up working for someone that she fired. Wouldn't that be justice?
WhatHappenedOD

Herkimer, NY

#22 Dec 1, 2012
Emilia Borelli caused a turnover of around 30 plus account executives per year. She always blamed that they didn't make their sales goals. Yeah right! Almost 1 per week. Yet this continued for years. What a shame that the publisher Donna looked the other way while this happened. Only until you clean out the top management,including Donna, will this newspaper ever have a chance to survive. I hope they do this because Utica deserves a decent paper again, not the trash they have been serving up for the last few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forbes Rates Utica-Rome Metro Area 2 min Mayor McPalmieriC... 2
Forbes Ranks Utica-Rome Metro Area 6 min Actually 23
Town of Paris Supervisor ? 35 min no way 1
carmen bossones mohawkst sausage business (Jan '12) 55 min fact 42
Looking for a lawyer 1 hr Boogie 10
Made in Utica 1 hr SociallySeviced 5
ucsd 2 hr Stars4 5
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 4 hr echo 67
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! 5 hr nanito 42
Ocean Blue restaurat Tue Gaggy 23