Is Masonic Home firing long time employees and replacing with part timers?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Apr 9, 2014
Lansing boy

Utica, NY

#1 Mar 3, 2011
I hear its true, I know two people who had 20 plus years there and were let go for BS reasons.
Anonymous

New Hartford, NY

#3 Mar 3, 2011
makes good business sense in these times of Obama and Obamacare....long time employees that feel entitled to get paid to do less work cause they have 'put their time in'....walmart is making billions off part timers...not having to pay bennies like healthcare and paid vacations...it's the American Dream!....you don't like it...get out and vote in 2012...or move to the middle east...or cuba...or venezuela...or mexico.....see how you like it there!
Larry

Baldwinsville, NY

#4 Mar 3, 2011
Yeah its true
Bettyboop

Utica, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2011
Of course Masonic home is firing long term employees, after all, why pay someone who has worked hard and taken great care of the patients costing them $10 an hour with someone who can't be bothered to learn English and only does the job because the training is free who will work for peanuts.
Masonic home used to be a great place for employees and the patients but they lost a lot of their good staff after the walk out in 1986 and never recovered their great personal care of patients.
I wouldn't being my worst enemy there to be cared for.
Bud

Rome, NY

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Guess what everyone all Homes and Hosp. are going to be doing this to save money,,,Companies can't afford to pay benefits no more and sick time and vacation time,,

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#9 Aug 3, 2011
Maybe it's time for them to start a union. :)
Beth

Utica, NY

#10 Aug 3, 2011
Mr. Luley was fired and force to retire

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 3, 2011
People need to point out the crap that these companies pull so we can choose where not to do business.
Big Mouth

Utica, NY

#12 Aug 3, 2011
Big mouth better watch her step!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13 Aug 3, 2011
Big Mouth wrote:
Big mouth better watch her step!
Who better watch their step?
AllTheSame

United States

#14 Aug 3, 2011
To stay on topic -- Looks that way. But I ask -- How do part-timers provide continuity of care with the same positive affects produced by those dedicated solely to the task?

The inner-politics of this place are amazing.

Decent facility, over-rated but quite beautiful. Disguises the ugliness. Bullying Luley -- a good, productive administrator -- by the Trustees is rude and mean and a direct contradiction to what the Masons claim to stand for.

Generic cold classic PR 101 statement from Contino-Turner about a man who tried to create a nice place to work says a lot about them to me.

Union someone asked? They have one. Watch how the Masonic machine manipulates them into settling for something to satisfy the facility and the union and not the employees that are represented by both. In negotiations now and it might not be pretty.

Shame on that outfit. After trying to be different from the others, you're well on your way to being just like them. Good for the others I suppose.
Friend

Liverpool, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2011
Blame NYS for having "at will" employment laws. The employer can hire and fire at will and the lazy wimps at the Department of Labor will back the employer. Call up the Department of Labor and get ready for their excuses NOT to do their jobs.
Tito

United States

#18 Aug 4, 2011
lets not blame the real problem, the BJT
bosnian job thieves
Lost my job

New Hartford, NY

#20 Apr 8, 2014
Friend wrote:
Blame NYS for having "at will" employment laws. The employer can hire and fire at will and the lazy wimps at the Department of Labor will back the employer. Call up the Department of Labor and get ready for their excuses NOT to do their jobs.
I lost my job that way for cheaper labor,the cemetery i worked at in utica layed off employees the very same way ,!Do other states have the same law?Its a shame you get punished for being a reliable and good worker!They plan on hiring college kids instead!
Robbie

Rome, NY

#21 Apr 8, 2014
Lost my job wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost my job that way for cheaper labor,the cemetery i worked at in utica layed off employees the very same way ,!Do other states have the same law?Its a shame you get punished for being a reliable and good worker!They plan on hiring college kids instead!
They need to look at the administration.....poor managment
cuntino turder

Utica, NY

#22 Apr 8, 2014
Should be canned. Ugly loud mouth, ask her last 2 employers
mayo

Waterville, NY

#23 Apr 9, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
makes good business sense in these times of Obama and Obamacare....long time employees that feel entitled to get paid to do less work cause they have 'put their time in'....walmart is making billions off part timers...not having to pay bennies like healthcare and paid vacations...it's the American Dream!....you don't like it...get out and vote in 2012...or move to the middle east...or cuba...or venezuela...or mexico.....see how you like it there!
That was sort of a dickhead response, don't you think??? Is this you Rob Raffle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotel Utica Manager Matt Gaetano ARRESTED (AGAIN) 27 min Only in Utica 15
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 1 hr Dems Lie and Deny 83
Girl Double Teamed in Fuel's Mens room 1 hr oink 2
Louie lost his balls at Niagara Falls 3 hr Nondescript white op 2
What do UPD COPS DO AFTER SEX? 3 hr Coach Meola 5
SUNYPIE Sweety Tomato PI students need SPORTS M... 3 hr Sure thing Skippie 8
utica aud 5 hr Losing Interest 141
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 6 hr Adult-child 79
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 6 hr Always a sunny day 48
utica national (Jun '13) 12 hr Finished 524