$20 for 2 hrs of sledding??

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Adventure

Tully, NY

#1 Jan 4, 2009
Today I recieved coupons for $3 off a day or night pass for the new tubing on the parkway..as a child I went there for free, now my children have to pay $20 for just 2 hrs. This is ridiculous. Who the hell has 20 dollars to blow on tubing for 2 hours? Shouldn't we be doing extra curicular activities for children that can't afford things like this? Children that are less fortunate won't be able to enjoy this new addition to our city, and i think that's sad...Sure they say the regular sledders can ride the hill next door but what kid wants to do that? And I understand that at this point in time very few things in life are free...but $20 dollars for 2 hrs??come on
Shut Up

Yonkers, NY

#2 Jan 4, 2009
Nobody cares about you or your little cockroach kids.
What

Rome, NY

#3 Jan 4, 2009
Stay home cheap skate.
2andahalfcents

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jan 4, 2009
why wouldn't a kid want to sled for free on the same hill people have been sledding on for free for years?
I agree the tubing thing is riduculous, but as long as there is still a free sledding place, I guess time will tell how much (or how little) the city will make from this endeavor.
adventure

Tully, NY

#5 Jan 4, 2009
as a tax payer should be able to use the the tubing hill when ever like.residensy law allows me
ummm

New York, NY

#7 Jan 4, 2009
Man people complain no matter what you do!! Ok so a free hill is available and your not happy because there is a pay hill next to it? If this makes the city ANY money GREAT !! if it doesnt at least it was a try tomake a nice thing happen. The one in taberg is a great time !!
oldshoes

AOL

#8 Jan 4, 2009
get out...why do we have to pay to sled on the parkway...I'm telling you this is disgusting.
Snow Bunny

New York, NY

#9 Jan 4, 2009
I was told the cost will be $16 for a half day. This will eliminate the riff raft.
Realist

New York, NY

#10 Jan 4, 2009
ummm wrote:
Man people complain no matter what you do!! Ok so a free hill is available and your not happy because there is a pay hill next to it? If this makes the city ANY money GREAT !! if it doesnt at least it was a try tomake a nice thing happen. The one in taberg is a great time !!
The one in Taberg is $12 for a whole day and is a bigger hill. The one in Utica is $20 for 2 hours and is a smaller bump. Bring a family of 4 (2 kids, 2 adults) it would cost $80.00 for 2 hours of tubing!!! That's pretty expensive for 2 hours! I don't think many people will choose to spend the money. I think they would rather go to Taberg, spend $48 for the whole day, and then have money left for snacks.

I hope it works, I just don't think it is priced well for the market. People with more money will drive to Taberg, people with less money, the ones who used to walk to the parkway to go sledding, will not spend that much money to go tubing instead of free sledding. If it was a lower price, or the ticket was valid for longer than 2 hours, I think it would have a better shot at success.
oldshoes

AOL

#11 Jan 4, 2009
I hope one of the "riff raft" sues the city if they get hurt on a less than perfect paid for slope.
oldshoes

AOL

#13 Jan 4, 2009
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
The one in Taberg is $12 for a whole day and is a bigger hill. The one in Utica is $20 for 2 hours and is a smaller bump. Bring a family of 4 (2 kids, 2 adults) it would cost $80.00 for 2 hours of tubing!!! That's pretty expensive for 2 hours! I don't think many people will choose to spend the money. I think they would rather go to Taberg, spend $48 for the whole day, and then have money left for snacks.
I hope it works, I just don't think it is priced well for the market. People with more money will drive to Taberg, people with less money, the ones who used to walk to the parkway to go sledding, will not spend that much money to go tubing instead of free sledding. If it was a lower price, or the ticket was valid for longer than 2 hours, I think it would have a better shot at success.
come on, that's ridiculous paying for tubing down a hill in Utica. 80 dollars for a family of 4, people can't afford that. GREED. I seriously hope somebody finds a reason to sue, the city deserves it.
Erin Hamlin

Canastota, NY

#14 Jan 4, 2009
It looks kinda small. Not sure why they didn't use the old rope tow instead. Much bigger hill.
Deep Throat

Tully, NY

#15 Jan 4, 2009
What's the big issue?!?! You know what an Arcuri hooker charges for 2 hours?
You can have alot

Manlius, NY

#16 Jan 4, 2009
More fun Being pulled behind a tube in the north utica price chopper parking lot HAHAHA I admit i have seen this done on more then one occasion after 11pm
old school

Atlanta, GA

#17 Jan 4, 2009
you people in Utica don't even make $10 per hour. You have to work like 3 hours to take your kid tubeing
jezzele

Sherrill, NY

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Adventure wrote:
Today I recieved coupons for $3 off a day or night pass for the new tubing on the parkway..as a child I went there for free, now my children have to pay $20 for just 2 hrs. This is ridiculous. Who the hell has 20 dollars to blow on tubing for 2 hours? Shouldn't we be doing extra curicular activities for children that can't afford things like this? Children that are less fortunate won't be able to enjoy this new addition to our city, and i think that's sad...Sure they say the regular sledders can ride the hill next door but what kid wants to do that? And I understand that at this point in time very few things in life are free...but $20 dollars for 2 hrs??come on
they got to pay for that digital sign on the corner lol
Hello

Utica, NY

#19 Jan 5, 2009
i hope this is a joke
what are they trying to do to our kids...keep them inside doing nothing even more or walking the streets...sad...very sad....
The Goomba Club

New York, NY

#21 Jan 5, 2009
It's free if you're part of the friends and family plan. Remember, we're all in this together!
Curious

Oneida, NY

#22 Jan 5, 2009
I say that they should charge $5 for a child and $10 for an adult for the day of tubing. When I was a child we went free also. Today around here I agree the jobs don't pay that much around here for people to afford to bring your family and I agree we want our kids to get outside and do excercise. Let's lower the price. Yes how much did that digital sign cost on the corner?
Chittenango

Syracuse, NY

#23 Jan 5, 2009
There is an AWESOME tubing place with ropes that pull you back up to the top. Utica sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Claudia Tenney BLASTS scam Dem/RINO hospital plan! 3 min Taxpayer 23
Why didnt Arcuri, Daley, Simpson, Captain Parml... 25 min Disclose 2
Michelle Obama is a transgender 26 min David 4
Transgenders are creepy people 27 min I am special 5
Piccente’s 50M NANO NOTHING HAPPENED 1 hr mrs hallbritter 19
Why Does Trump Lie So Much? 1 hr Eric 29
trump 2020 2 hr Value 17
NH SAT Scores 6 hr Get your cash back 48
Golf in Upstate NY 7 hr Corey D 14
Dr. Aploks or Dr. Chaffe (Jul '09) Thu Really 277