Funny Bone

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Why must they send that big Truck 1 ladder to a medical call? Sounds to me it's a big waste of time and money, they were just on my street for a old lady who fell!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

I would certainly be upset if I lived in the city of Utica and this <$1,000,000 piece of equipment was being used for such things.
tax me more

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

That truck will be ruined in the next 5 years its new right now , but you can't keep going on Rops, Ems calls ,shovel hydrants, go to gym on bleecker st, stop at central to do union business etc.etc.Plus it guzzles diesel like crazy don't worry the taxpayers got your back as always.
curious

Groton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Was that the one that flew up north genessee st around maybe 1 or 1:30 followed by an ambulance?
Funny Bone

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

curious wrote:
Was that the one that flew up north genessee st around maybe 1 or 1:30 followed by an ambulance?
Yes it was and ended up at the Brook apartments across from Calvary cemetery .
INSIST ON KUNKEL

Gladwyne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

request kunkel when you call 911
Best

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

There is a reason behind it all. When they roll that truck it creates an additional "call". The powers that be are using all these increased "calls" to show how "busy" UFD is.

Only prob is if one was to really look at these calls they are like the above as well as - lock outs, inspections, special calls that has rigs already on scene, etc. All the while this jacks up their numbers so the chief can tell everyone they're so super busy. One would be surprised at the real number if you filtered out the nonsense. But then he couldn't keep preaching the mantra of a bigger dept. More men. More trucks. More territory. Blah blah blah. It never ends.
Ben Franklin

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Im glad its all working out.
Utican

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Let's look at the mayors sweeps. Fire truck, Police car, Codes people etc. Fire trucks burning fuel and police not on patrols. This is a jobs for codes people to work the streets and property owners made to clean their property up at their own expense. Ticket and fine them.
JCk

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Best wrote:
There is a reason behind it all. When they roll that truck it creates an additional "call". The powers that be are using all these increased "calls" to show how "busy" UFD is.
Only prob is if one was to really look at these calls they are like the above as well as - lock outs, inspections, special calls that has rigs already on scene, etc. All the while this jacks up their numbers so the chief can tell everyone they're so super busy. One would be surprised at the real number if you filtered out the nonsense. But then he couldn't keep preaching the mantra of a bigger dept. More men. More trucks. More territory. Blah blah blah. It never ends.
so what exactly do YOU think should be done as you seem to have all the answers? Maybe the patient on Oneida was excessively large so they needed the extra manpower. Obese patients is actually pretty common now. Maybe the patient has asthma and was turning blue so the patient needed help YESTERDAY. I'm thinking the guys on the big rig could have admin'd a treatment as BLS providers. Maybe the patient was in full arrest so the extra hands are needed for compressions, ventilations, setting up the defib, finding the MOLST etc. Going on 10 runs a day at less than 3 miles per run isnt going to put excessive wear on the rig. The fuel consumption might be 10 gallons. I work for another city and sometimes people will say "I just got off the phone with 911 and you're here already????
tax payer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Utican wrote:
Let's look at the mayors sweeps. Fire truck, Police car, Codes people etc. Fire trucks burning fuel and police not on patrols. This is a jobs for codes people to work the streets and property owners made to clean their property up at their own expense. Ticket and fine them.
Police in utica do not patrol. They sit in their cars until there is a call, then maybe take it. If they DID patrol, they might prevent much of the crime that occurs in this city.
Bend over

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

JCk wrote:
<quoted text> so what exactly do YOU think should be done as you seem to have all the answers? Maybe the patient on Oneida was excessively large so they needed the extra manpower. Obese patients is actually pretty common now. Maybe the patient has asthma and was turning blue so the patient needed help YESTERDAY. I'm thinking the guys on the big rig could have admin'd a treatment as BLS providers. Maybe the patient was in full arrest so the extra hands are needed for compressions, ventilations, setting up the defib, finding the MOLST etc. Going on 10 runs a day at less than 3 miles per run isnt going to put excessive wear on the rig. The fuel consumption might be 10 gallons. I work for another city and sometimes people will say "I just got off the phone with 911 and you're here already????

MOST rigs are ALS. You fail. 10 runs a day x3 miles x's every rig x 365 days a year!
Ok union boy. Your right. We were all mistaken. Yes. That's a great use of a ladder truck. An 800,000 speciality vehicle.
JCk

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Bend over wrote:
<quoted text>
MOST rigs are ALS. You fail. 10 runs a day x3 miles x's every rig x 365 days a year!
Ok union boy. Your right. We were all mistaken. Yes. That's a great use of a ladder truck. An 800,000 speciality vehicle.
You complain about it so be the Chief for a day:, what is YOUR solution?.
ur not cool

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

nozzle knocker loser curb surgeon pigs
UFD

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Its too bad people constantly bash UFD. There is only one problem with UFD and that is Brooks. He is a politician not a Fire Chief.
Bend over

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

UFD wrote:
Its too bad people constantly bash UFD. There is only one problem with UFD and that is Brooks. He is a politician not a Fire Chief.

Correction. He is an idiot. Politican is to kind for him. Most people know to leave a job while theyre on top of there game. He missed that memo a decade ago it seems.
taxpayer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Not just Brooks he has some winners working for him.
Heres what I know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Utica Viscount wrote:
I would certainly be upset if I lived in the city of Utica and this <$1,000,000 piece of equipment was being used for such things.
They did that years ago when I was there I always said that that was a perfect example of the scumbags that work in the pubic safety in OOOOOTICA.
They dont care and wont stop demanding respect and money and tax increases and royal wedding sized funerals ny taxpayers have to provide transport, overtime, travel, wear and tear and insurance for. Fk them the city voters keep electing eashooooootica scumbags who cant do anything but pimple size businesses and work for the leech government welfare checks at government jobs.
Cop Hater Guy

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cop Hater Guy you keep showing your asssss. Former Utican. Engineer of some sort. Works out of his home. Has a hatred for public safety ie police and fire. Has some family in law enforcement. Dislikes organized sports. Thinks he is a big shot. Looks down on others. Has all day and night to post his nonsensical lunatic ravings. Someone must know this guy.
Hate me some engineer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

He is some kind of civil engineer queer. Have had a few run ins with him on this site. Puts the tool in tool bag. Thinks he's a real hot shit. Prob hasn't left his moms basement in decades. Hasn't done an honorable thing in his whole life except flush the toilet so his mom don't get mean on him.
I was hoping he would go play on the arterial one of these days or suck on some tail pipe exhaust. God we all need a break from his lunatic fringe rantings. He is the supreme poster boy for contraception.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cross on mountain seen from thruway (Jul '08) 1 hr Debbie 23
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 2 hr SUNYIT Student 108
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 3 hr UticaNY 5,584
WKTV's new broadcast desk 3 hr Danny 71
Jason Powles is FAT 4 hr Jack Spratt 17
Dunkin Donuts north genesee st 4 hr Money Bags 18
314 posts in two days no life no job no money ... (Jun '13) 4 hr Bob Oliveira cracky 34
Riggie is scared 4 hr PAC Lies and Riggies 20
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 5 hr Utica Sambo Tech Summit 38
Andrew Brindisi charged in April Hit and Run A... 5 hr Felons R YOU 38
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE