Topix Ads and Pop Ups

Topix Ads and Pop Ups

Posted in the Utica Forum

Had Enough

Clark Mills, NY

#1 May 16, 2014
Between the annoying and overwhelming ads and the interference from the Riggie moron, Topix is no longer fun, entertaining or useful. I always thought it was in a website's best interest to promote viewership and maximize hits but the obtrusive ads especially do just the opposite. In addition to reducing users, who wants to buy a product from one of the "in your face" sponsors. What marketing genius thinks pissing off potential customers is a smart idea?
Hell Easy

Bedford, MA

#2 May 16, 2014
100% AGREE !!!
The Dude

Little Falls, NY

#3 May 16, 2014
Its extremely annoying especially on a mobile device, ever single page you go to HOME DEPOT is there and it makes the page scroll, and when you go to X it out it always makes you inadvertently click another ad, making you repeat the process all over again.. I can understand an ad here and there, but you can't navigate the site for a minute without and ad in your face..

Since: May 14

Ilion

#4 May 16, 2014
I had the same problem. I now use the Topix app and it is so much better, no pop ups or ads in the threads
Adblock

Clinton, NY

#5 May 16, 2014
Download Adblock Plus....you'll see no more ads, anywhere online.
no more ads -- simple

Malone, NY

#6 May 16, 2014
+ 1 on AdBlock Plus. It's ridiculously simple and will end your Topix pop-up hell.

First, you should be using the Google Chrome browser -- it's the best out there.

Go to www.chrome.google.com/webstore

Search AdBlock Plus.

You want AdBlock Plus -- not AdBlock.

Click the + Free box.

It functions as a Chrome extension, meaning there's download management or setup. It's literally working in 20 seconds.

Voila! No more annoying pop ups!

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#7 May 16, 2014
Had Enough wrote:
Between the annoying and overwhelming ads and the interference from the Riggie moron, Topix is no longer fun, entertaining or useful. I always thought it was in a website's best interest to promote viewership and maximize hits but the obtrusive ads especially do just the opposite. In addition to reducing users, who wants to buy a product from one of the "in your face" sponsors. What marketing genius thinks pissing off potential customers is a smart idea?
Riggie moron? Why? Because you don't like hearing the truth about your area?
no more ads -- simple

Malone, NY

#8 May 16, 2014
Unfortunately, AdBlock Plus does not stop the "Riggie Cretin" or whoever the pathetic worms are.
The Dude

Little Falls, NY

#9 May 16, 2014
I downloaded the app y'all recommended and it doesn't work, yes I run chrome and yes I followed the directions by back keying out of it ?

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#10 May 16, 2014
no more ads -- simple wrote:
Unfortunately, AdBlock Plus does not stop the "Riggie Cretin" or whoever the pathetic worms are.
Feel free not to read. I'm registered now so my posts stick out in blue so if you see them in black it's someone else. I always mean what I say and I say what I mean. Again if you don't like it feel free to ignore.

Ilion

#11 May 16, 2014
The Dude wrote:
I downloaded the app y'all recommended and it doesn't work, yes I run chrome and yes I followed the directions by back keying out of it ?
I'm using it now with my iPhone and have no technical issues
THANK YOU

Clark Mills, NY

#12 May 16, 2014
Adblock wrote:
Download Adblock Plus....you'll see no more ads, anywhere online.
Wow, wonderful and it works great on the OD website as well!! Should have done it long ago.
Adblock

Clinton, NY

#13 May 17, 2014
THANK YOU wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, wonderful and it works great on the OD website as well!! Should have done it long ago.
You won't even see ads before YouTube videos....Awesome, huh?
Adblock

Clinton, NY

#14 May 17, 2014
The Dude wrote:
Not sure what 'back keying' is, never heard of it. But if you read the other posts you'll see it's working for everyone else.
no more ads -- simple

Malone, NY

#16 May 24, 2014
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know anything about a computer, so how do you figure garbage chrome is better.
It's better when you can't afford a real computer.
Lets see your computer skills.
Why does DDR3 2400 show a DRAM of 600MHz ?
why are you so quarrelsome and hostile? anger management therapy might help you.
Bobby Oliveira

Clifton Park, NY

#17 May 24, 2014
When I was high on crack it was hard for my peepee to pop up.
Thats mobo challenge man

United States

#18 May 24, 2014
no more ads -- simple wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you so quarrelsome and hostile? anger management therapy might help you.
That's mobo challenge man again. He can read and remember a few specs but you wouldn't want him on any development team or anything. That's SUNY for you. If that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Mutual Invest 14 min Mini mouse 1
Genesee Towers 18 min yup 1
Js auto aka jason Shultz 19 min Zac 19
Trump Vs NWO 33 min Rocker5150 1
top HS basketball players in area 35 min three 5
Oh SH1T! CLAUDIA TENNEY WINS NY22 PRIMARY BIG T... 1 hr slate rot bush 21
Utica schools a mess! 1 hr Wasteful spending 16
Carbone 1 hr ken 37
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 2 hr ROG SHATJealously 80
rob esche getting divorced 21 hr New Hartford Queen 54