Semi-Auto Handguns will no longer be sold in New York State after Jan. 1, 2014

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betty

Greig, NY

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Legislation is being drawn up to stop the sale of ONLY Semi-Auto handguns to private owner. Not law enforcement

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 12, 2013
you can buy them out of a trunk of a car in Nortn St. Louis Missouri.

“I'm Always Around ”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Manlius, NY

#3 Feb 12, 2013
See ya later Remington.
Mustard

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Titanium22 wrote:
See ya later Remington.
baloney, Remington makes all kinds of fire arms.

“I'm Always Around ”

Level 7

Manlius, NY

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Mustard wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, they make all kinds of guns. But ya missed the point a bit I think. How do you think Remington will feel about being told what they can and cannot make. Or how will they feel about losing business? That's why other states are offering sweet deals to get them to move. New York has let the owners and employees down.
Mustard

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Titanium22 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, they make all kinds of guns. But ya missed the point a bit I think. How do you think Remington will feel about being told what they can and cannot make. Or how will they feel about losing business? That's why other states are offering sweet deals to get them to move. New York has let the owners and employees down.
BALONEY!! How do you think parents feel about burying their 6 year olds killed by those guns make by manufactures like Remington!! Perhaps, you miss the point a bit, I think!
Sea Star

West Hartford, CT

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Titanium22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey meat head, no law limits what Remington can manufacture in NY. Just like pistol makers Kimber (Yonkers) and Dan Wesson (Norwich) are in NY and have no plans to move.
bingo

Carthage, NY

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Mustard wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah but the loss of this investment will bankrupt them they have tools and a production line that will be a loss also the jobs

“I'm Always Around ”

Level 7

Manlius, NY

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Sea Star wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey meat head, no law limits what Remington can manufacture in NY. Just like pistol makers Kimber (Yonkers) and Dan Wesson (Norwich) are in NY and have no plans to move.
They can no longer make the Remington R-15. Per law. Forgot about that one did ya? smh
Remington Employee

West Hartford, CT

#10 Feb 12, 2013
I could care less about kids being murdered as long as my job is safe!
Steve

Syracuse, NY

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Mustard wrote:
<quoted text>BALONEY!! How do you think parents feel about burying their 6 year olds killed by those guns make by manufactures like Remington!! Perhaps, you miss the point a bit, I think!
It cold be any kind of manufacturer that produces firearms and FYI guns don't kill ppl crazy ppl do we should do something about that perhaps!
gun45acp

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Why is it when a drunk driver kills someone no one tries to outlaw the manufacuture or sale or ban of Fords or Chevys? GUNS DO NOT KILL / neither do cars, trucks, knives, etc.
BATMAN

New Hartford, NY

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Remington Employee wrote:
I could care less about kids being murdered as long as my job is safe!
Stick your gun where the sun doesn't shine after making your comment about dead kids . U AHOLE
dummypants

Floral Park, NY

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Betty wrote:
Legislation is being drawn up to stop the sale of ONLY Semi-Auto handguns to private owner. Not law enforcement
That's ok, I've always kind of wanted to see the return of criminals with snub-nosed revolvers and ski masks.
clout

Herkimer, NY

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
It cold be any kind of manufacturer that produces firearms and FYI guns don't kill ppl crazy ppl do we should do something about that perhaps!
You can no longer buy crazy ppl in NYS after Jan 2014.
Steve

Galeton, PA

#16 Feb 12, 2013
clout wrote:
<quoted text>You can no longer buy crazy ppl in NYS after Jan 2014.
I have plenty I'm all set tho!
hank hill

Sylacauga, AL

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Lethal injection for anyone convicted of committing a crime with a gun, it wouldn't stop it but it damn sure would make criminals think twice, or maybe once at least. A few dead criminals to show that the country is serious would probably slow the amount of shootings of "fish in a barrell" situations.

I can hear the news report already...Joe Shmo was convicted of robbing and shooting an elderly person today, after he was returned to marcy correctional facility he was given his last meal of liver and onions and then given a lethal injection. He was pronounced dead at ...No funeral will be held. One less scumbag to worry about folks...this piece of crap will never rob or shoot anyone else. Who's next?

THATS rehab! You can't get better results than that for never committing another crime again! Also, it would free up more room in our prisons and lower the cost of these thugs getting free room, board and medical care for 5-50 years. I think its a winner, taxpayers and civilized ppl all over the country finally win!
hank hill

Sylacauga, AL

#18 Feb 12, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
oh...and its not just crazy ppl pulling the trigger, alot of lazy ppl doing it also. Why work when you have an unregistered gun that can't be traced back to you? Much easier to just go take everything someone else has worked for.
usual Suspects

Clark Mills, NY

#19 Feb 13, 2013
hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>Lethal injection for anyone convicted of committing a crime with a gun, it wouldn't stop it but it damn sure would make criminals think twice, or maybe once at least. A few dead criminals to show that the country is serious would probably slow the amount of shootings of "fish in a barrell" situations.

I can hear the news report already...Joe Shmo was convicted of robbing and shooting an elderly person today, after he was returned to marcy correctional facility he was given his last meal of liver and onions and then given a lethal injection. He was pronounced dead at ...No funeral will be held. One less scumbag to worry about folks...this piece of crap will never rob or shoot anyone else. Who's next?

THATS rehab! You can't get better results than that for never committing another crime again! Also, it would free up more room in our prisons and lower the cost of these thugs getting free room, board and medical care for 5-50 years. I think its a winner, taxpayers and civilized ppl all over the country finally win!
Sounds good to me but there's one problem. This state full of liberals already had the death penalty for a few years. Even cop killers weren't given it. I guess no crime in NYS could qualify for it!!! Then the death penalty was repealed.
What a joke NY has become. We are the leaders in gun control, public assistance, out of control spending & overpaid public employees!!!
bo jen

Herkimer, NY

#20 Feb 13, 2013
usual Suspects wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me but there's one problem. This state full of liberals already had the death penalty for a few years. Even cop killers weren't given it. I guess no crime in NYS could qualify for it!!! Then the death penalty was repealed.
What a joke NY has become. We are the leaders in gun control, public assistance, out of control spending & overpaid public employees!!!
Please dont forget to mention our outstanding NYS Legislature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 31 min Retiredlocallawman 14
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 45 min Dorthy76 33
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 54 min trask5139 26
Keven gottlieb 2 hr Gross 2
Comets schedule is out 3 hr Hockey Fan 6
Mike Pattison of St Es 4 hr shut up mike 1
Biggest RAT in ufd 5 hr Got your number 31
Sam wessing 11 hr dee 28
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 19 hr j3333rd 235

Utica Jobs