Herb's to put Bass Pro out of BUSINESS
pete moss

New Hartford, NY

#21 Feb 27, 2013
phillipsons garbage wrote:
<quoted text> Still can't answer a question, can you loser.
Too bad you can't get a real job, maybe you could be catching 4lb walleye, 30lb salmon running at 180ft off EL cannon riggers that cost more then your car loser, using diamond flashers off spectra with a bait rig holding herring at 2.5mph, while you make min wage at a DUMP.
Uh my you are quite the little sportsman, name dropping goof!
phillipsons garbage

Clark Mills, NY

#22 Feb 27, 2013
Herbs must be closed, all the min wage employees here.

How many Lowrance HDS-12 do you sell ?.

Hurry I can't stop laughing.
herb philipsons rocks

Hamilton, NY

#23 Feb 27, 2013
im sorry i guess you are a real sportsman since you spend the same amount of money on reels as i do my truck i apoligize, can you even insure an $18,000.oo rod and reel.....just wondering because i would hate to see you slam them in the door of your cadillac, what does a cadillac look like with a deer tied to the hood during deer season?, you are obviously someone who relishes in name brands and not being in the outdoors just taking in nature...or as yous guys call it natechahh!!! you wouldnt last a week in the outdoors with just a knife and flint, but you could google the best way to start a fire by rubbing two sticks togethah as long as yous remembahd yawr smottphones.....you utica outdoorsman crack me up what a -ucking joke you probaly shoot your deer and then pay to have it gutted and butchahd...LOL -ERKOFFS!
phillipsons garbage

Clark Mills, NY

#24 Feb 27, 2013
What's a smottphone, head back to school Daniel Goone, and don't wear that bear skin rug that you wrestled after hitting it with your AMC pacer.

My Orvis rods have a 25 year warranty even if I slam them into a car door and break them you pathetic loser, but if you and your fisher price store sold them you would know it. Now hurry along, time to sell your Fisher price combos and make saleswomen of the year for that 10$ off.
dave

Clark Mills, NY

#25 Feb 27, 2013
What's a smottphone, head back to school Daniel Goone, and don't wear that bear skin rug that you wrestled after hitting it with your AMC pacer.
My Orvis rods have a 25 year warranty even if I slam them into a car door and break them you pathetic loser, but if you and your fisher price store sold them you would know it. Now hurry along, time to sell your Fisher price combos and make saleswomen of the year for that 10$ off.
can herb's employees afford a amc pacer, more like used bicycle. bass pro has 50 times the selection and people will go just for the showroom. then again herb's has a stuffed squirrel for its main attraction. OH AHHHH.
question

Clark Mills, NY

#26 Feb 27, 2013
Does herb have the Bowtech Insanity CPX ???
Herb Philipsons

Clark Mills, NY

#27 Feb 27, 2013
we sell something just as good, the Blowtock ARC, the finest willow branch with high strength dental floss string comes with 6 plastic arrows.
jenny m

Gouverneur, NY

#28 Feb 27, 2013
Bass Pro is the awesome. Really big draw for this area.
TIRED

Berlin, CT

#29 Feb 27, 2013
herb crooks wrote:
The clothing is all irregulars that they get at a discount but they sell everything at the top price, you can get better prices online that aren't irregulars. 3mos herbs will be BANKRUPT. Start applying to bass pro for a job.
YOUR RIGHT ABOUT WHAT YOU STATED ABOUT THEIR IRREGLARS THEY BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS,
herb

Oriskany Falls, NY

#30 Feb 27, 2013
Herb Phillipsons will be having a going out of business sale after Bass opens. That'll be my next and last visit there. Herb will be TKO'd
Kyra

Utica, NY

#31 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>Can you read.
How many Helios rods do you sell, ask somebody that passed fifth grade to read this so you can answer it.
How many Helios 2 rods ?.
How many Legend Elite rods ?.
How many Daiwa Z Series reels ?.
who cares!!!!
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#32 Feb 27, 2013
It'll be nice to have a store in the area that offers serious goods for hunters/ archers/ shooters/reloaders. We have the yuppie/ metro/ wannabe market covered already.
kyra idiot

Clark Mills, NY

#33 Feb 27, 2013
Kyra wrote:
<quoted text> who cares!!!!
Anyone who does their fishing in lake Ontario, Oneida lake. Herb's is more for fishing, dressing, for the mohawk river, catching carp. Or throwing out plastic fish in the pool for the kids to catch.
big news

Clark Mills, NY

#34 Feb 27, 2013
I hear Bass pro might be giving anyone from rome who comes to the store a free spool of fireline.

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#36 Feb 28, 2013
This is a real dumb time to open a gun and ammo store in a blue state like NY. After all the gun control legislation comes through they will all be lucky to survive. You can only sell so many turkey fryers and realtree apparel.
muckin foron

Clark Mills, NY

#37 Feb 28, 2013
I see dum people wrote:
This is a real dumb time to open a gun and ammo store in a blue state like NY. After all the gun control legislation comes through they will all be lucky to survive. You can only sell so many turkey fryers and realtree apparel.
BASS PRO - Not Gun and Ammo Pro. Sure, they make some money off of gun sales, but based on their name, I think their bread and butter is their fishing/boating section.

Talk about seeing 'dum' people
the walmart sportsman

Utica, NY

#38 Feb 28, 2013
The busiest day at herbs will be the 50% off going out of business sale where they jack up the price 300% to give you 50% off.
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Feb 28, 2013
muckin foron wrote:
<quoted text>
BASS PRO - Not Gun and Ammo Pro. Sure, they make some money off of gun sales, but based on their name, I think their bread and butter is their fishing/boating section.
Talk about seeing 'dum' people
You've obviously never been to one,which is one more reason why I think this place will never make it in Utica/Rome. Too 'metro'.
pa proud

Hockessin, DE

#41 Sep 19, 2013
They may stay around, but will never put bass pro out. They have a no gun sale to non residents policy and are ignorant of the law.
My Opinion

Gouverneur, NY

#42 Sep 19, 2013
I don't think Bass Pro will have too much of an impact on either Herbs or Gander Mountain..I think a lot of Bass's business will be people on their way up to Old Forge and the Adirondacks.

Not sure people in New Hartford, Clinton or Whitesboro will drive to North Utica if they can find similar or the same merchandise at Herbs and Gander..of course, they'll come up to Bass out of curiosity after it opens, and to look for stuff the other two don't carry, but I don't think Herbs and Gander will be driven out of business by Bass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Something stinks in Yorkville 3 min Mad as Hell 1
New Hartford Price Chopper douchebag 12 min tommy 3
Where exactly was "4 Acres" ? (Sep '11) 29 min DBJ 30
When Is The Next Nano Job Fair? 30 min Alain Kaloyeros 6
OMG Tenney 35 min Pat 5
what is Democrats message ??? 37 min Pat 10
claudia and russia 37 min Dumbocrats are si... 7
Claudia just got my vote 1 hr boomtard 37
wager street utica, ny 3 hr 1218 Schuyler 24
Mvcc women's basketball 4 hr Phil 66