bank of utica
The Bright Side For Once

Gouverneur, NY

#2 Apr 29, 2013
unreal wrote:
are you kidding me Barry Sinnott with these commercials ?!?!? We've got the following--- DRUGS, HOOKERS, a DOUC$BAG Mayor, WERE BROKE, our credit ratings in the toilet. But, we so have the BEAUTIFUL columns of the library.
The Bank of Utica is absolutely THE BEST bank I have ever done business with and I love their commercials. Nice to see someone touting our areas posiitive points for a change. I feel sorry for all of the negative nellies out there who just want to complain but never lift a finger to make things better.
loose stool

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Apr 29, 2013
who is the hottie with Barry in one of his commercials?...looks like they are getting a cold one at saranac...lets see more of her and less of him.
Out of Towner

Utica, NY

#4 Apr 29, 2013
Agree with you 100%. I read these forums when traveling for work along with the online versions of local newspapers.
Syracuse Topix - 12,500 posts
Albany Topix - 2,600 posts
Utica Topix - 57,000 posts = 90% racist and otherwise negative posts about politicians, business people, deceased individuals, school districts, you name it, nobody is off limits in this forum.
Do area residents wonder why no businesses are rushing to open regional offices or headquarters in this area. You think people with the power to change this area don't read this garbage? Sadly mistaken. Your losses are Albany and Syracuse's gains. As bad as NY is for business, garbage like this only seals your doomed economic fate within NY.
Chicken or the Egg

Gouverneur, NY

#5 Apr 30, 2013
Out of Towner wrote:
Agree with you 100%. I read these forums when traveling for work along with the online versions of local newspapers.
Syracuse Topix - 12,500 posts
Albany Topix - 2,600 posts
Utica Topix - 57,000 posts = 90% racist and otherwise negative posts about politicians, business people, deceased individuals, school districts, you name it, nobody is off limits in this forum.
Do area residents wonder why no businesses are rushing to open regional offices or headquarters in this area. You think people with the power to change this area don't read this garbage? Sadly mistaken. Your losses are Albany and Syracuse's gains. As bad as NY is for business, garbage like this only seals your doomed economic fate within NY.
On the other hand, this area has been so screwed by Washington and Albany it's hard to keep a positive outlook. We have a lot going for us in terms of location, natural resources, colleges etc etc but we don't have the political clout it takes to make the most of these things. Oh, and of all the things to blame for our plight, I would put Topix at about # 8.774. With the right input. the topix users could actually be an asset because I do think most of them care about this area and would like to see us succeed.
boogieman

Utica, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2013
unreal wrote:
are you kidding me Barry Sinnott with these commercials ?!?!? We've got the following--- DRUGS, HOOKERS, a DOUC$BAG Mayor, WERE BROKE, our credit ratings in the toilet. But, we so have the BEAUTIFUL columns of the library.
don't forget the roundabout.
Chicken

Utica, NY

#7 May 1, 2013
who="Chicken or the Egg"]<quoted text> On the other hand, this area has been so screwed by Washington and Albany it's hard to keep a positive outlook. We have a lot going for us in terms of location, natural resources, colleges etc etc but we don't have the political clout it takes to make the most of these things. Oh, and of all the things to blame for our plight, I would put Topix at about # 8.774. With the right input. the topix users could actually be an asset because I do think most of them care about this area and would like to see us succeed.
So getting screwed by Albany is a license to post ridculous racist comments and personal attacks? I think the poster from out of town was pointing out that this forum is reflective of our area. Intentional or not, you proved his or her point. Always somone else to blame.

Reading the first 2 pages of posts, Utica Topix users could care less about this area. I think the percentage of garbage on here is closer to 99%. Utica Topix users are NOT an asset and the forum is only used for anonymous personal attacks. Run for office, attend board meetings, join the chamber, write letters to the editor and sign your name, do something other than post shit on topix. Yes i do and have done all of those things. I discovered topix about a year ago and do not visit often. Open and even anonymous forums can be good and productive tools (see other city forums), just not this one. Sorry, but I agree with Out of Town.
70K a year

Whitesboro, NY

#8 May 1, 2013
I was a Bank of Utica customer for about 12 years. Now at 30 years old when it comes time to get mortgage, auto loans and so on.. Bank of utica is not there to help, whether it be asking too much of a down payment, or an outright denial. I have since moved to First source credit union and have a 3.9% mortgage and a 2.4% auto and a platinum credit card.... Screw Bank of utica, they are in the business of serving people with 6 digit salaries. they have nothing to offer the average Joe
gina

Utica, NY

#9 May 1, 2013
70K a year wrote:
I was a Bank of Utica customer for about 12 years. Now at 30 years old when it comes time to get mortgage, auto loans and so on.. Bank of utica is not there to help, whether it be asking too much of a down payment, or an outright denial. I have since moved to First source credit union and have a 3.9% mortgage and a 2.4% auto and a platinum credit card.... Screw Bank of utica, they are in the business of serving people with 6 digit salaries. they have nothing to offer the average Joe
The bank of utica does not have car loans. Must be your credit is so bad they won't take a chance on you. I don't blame them.
gina

Utica, NY

#10 May 1, 2013
Chicken or the Egg wrote:
<quoted text> On the other hand, this area has been so screwed by Washington and Albany it's hard to keep a positive outlook. We have a lot going for us in terms of location, natural resources, colleges etc etc but we don't have the political clout it takes to make the most of these things. Oh, and of all the things to blame for our plight, I would put Topix at about # 8.774. With the right input. the topix users could actually be an asset because I do think most of them care about this area and would like to see us succeed.


The absolute most outstanding factor in why people will not do business here is the absolute corrupt nature of the local government here. The tone was set by the infamous rufus elephant years ago when he demanded a kickback from anyone who wanted to start a business here. Most of them just moved on to Syracuse, who welcomed them without the threat of kickbacks, blackheads, and suspicious fires. That was rufie's legacy and it is a fact.
Just Sayin

Utica, NY

#11 May 1, 2013
Back when the Bourne Identity movies came out, one of the later ones had a referral to Utica, NY in it. Nothing was mentioned in the paper or on the news. So, I took "Chicken's" suggestion and sent a letter to the editor with all the details and pointing out the positive for Utica. I followed requirements to a Tee, and included all my contact info so they would not fear a false claim. They never printed it!!!! So much for supporting this area.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Albany, NY

#13 May 1, 2013
boogieman wrote:
<quoted text>don't forget the roundabout.
Lol
70K a Year

Whitesboro, NY

#14 May 10, 2013
gina wrote:
<quoted text>
The bank of utica does not have car loans. Must be your credit is so bad they won't take a chance on you. I don't blame them.
774 credit score

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Raw Dogs Porn Star 9 min Freedom 3
Joey Percoco Trial 20 min A Taxpayer 12
Burmaster 21 min jim 6
Bella Regina Wins Again 23 min Shutdown 12
Women's March Unorganized 23 min Sad But True 1
Mid-State Prison Closings 28 min CantSeeMe 13
Majority Blame Dems for Shut Down 28 min The Wall 4
So I Was In Lowes 46 min Mute 69
Piazza k9 services 51 min areyouserious 73
Yorville fire. Wktv. Wow!! 1 hr Weight watchers 42
WIBX is an absolute joke 1 hr Listener 37
Herb Philipson's being sold 5 hr Rosemary 96

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages