Should the Mayor be Commissioner of P...

Should the Mayor be Commissioner of Public Safety??

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 16, 2014
Bobby Oliveira wrote:
If you wish to see the death threats mentioned in the letter, just look at my twitter feed.
http://bobbyo1967.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/ma...
“Careful running. You might get run over.”

This is a death threat ??? Really ??? It looks to me to be good advice. One should always be careful when running on the street. There are thousands of accidents every year where joggers are killed or injured while running.

Bobby, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Don't you think that this sensationalism detracts from the work you are trying to do? Are you really trying to better the community or generate publicity for yourself. Most people are not buying what you are selling. My advise to you is to choose your battles more carefully. All these complaints to state departments and threats of lawsuits are going to hurt you finding good candidates to replace those currently in office. People are looking for a strong political leader not a nit-picking trouble maker. Your tactics might win a battle or two but they will not lead to a long term solution to the city's problems. We don't need more Harmony Speciales or Doug Joslins. We need good, intelligent, hard working, dedicated, innovative leaders. We need people with leadership experience, knowledge of good business practices and strong personal discipline. We need people who can row the boat not rock the boat.
MBAllen

Utica, NY

#3 Apr 16, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Careful running. You might get run over.”
This is a death threat ??? Really ??? It looks to me to be good advice. One should always be careful when running on the street. There are thousands of accidents every year where joggers are killed or injured while running.
Bobby, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Don't you think that this sensationalism detracts from the work you are trying to do? Are you really trying to better the community or generate publicity for yourself. Most people are not buying what you are selling. My advise to you is to choose your battles more carefully. All these complaints to state departments and threats of lawsuits are going to hurt you finding good candidates to replace those currently in office. People are looking for a strong political leader not a nit-picking trouble maker. Your tactics might win a battle or two but they will not lead to a long term solution to the city's problems. We don't need more Harmony Speciales or Doug Joslins. We need good, intelligent, hard working, dedicated, innovative leaders. We need people with leadership experience, knowledge of good business practices and strong personal discipline. We need people who can row the boat not rock the boat.
Thank you, thank you finally someone I can agree with.

Level 6

Location hidden

#4 Apr 16, 2014
What we need to do is put together a complete slate of candidates and run them as a group. New faces, not recycled political cronies. People who are progressive thinkers who are not afraid to take a few chances. Do what Ed Hanna did with his Rainbow Party. The only way to defeat the old political hacks that are killing this city is to replace all of them. We need a clean sweep. But first we need someone to pick up the broom. I had hopes that Bobby O. was that person but now I am having serious second thoughts.
Eddie

Ithaca, NY

#6 Apr 16, 2014
I agree 100% with Bobby O.

Level 6

Location hidden

#7 Apr 16, 2014
Bobby Oliveira wrote:
Defiled,
The tweet before that one said, "If you know what's best for you, you will leave my people in Utica alone."
Therefore, "getting run over" was a threat.
Whack job's profile has a picture of where I live.
I am recruiting a Primary Challenger for Mr. Brindisi. One race at a time.
(Looks like a few folks are ready to take out LoMedico)
Do it your way if you want but I don't see you making any progress by running vendetta candidates. Brindisi is unbeatable at this time. You can disagree with me all you want but it won't change the reality of what I'm saying. You should be concentrating on city politics. There is a lot distrust and distaste for those currently in office. County and state races will be easier to win after local changes are made. Don't let your ego cloud your judgement. Talk to some of us who have been fighting this fight a little longer than you have. City races are winnable. Joe Griffo is beatable. There are a few others that that are ripe for the picking but Brindisi is not one of them. If that is where you want to waste your efforts, so be it. Just don't say you weren't warned. There is a time and place for everything and this isn't the time or the place.
Stupidest People on Earth

United States

#8 Apr 16, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
What we need to do is put together a complete slate of candidates and run them as a group. New faces, not recycled political cronies. People who are progressive thinkers who are not afraid to take a few chances. Do what Ed Hanna did with his Rainbow Party. The only way to defeat the old political hacks that are killing this city is to replace all of them. We need a clean sweep. But first we need someone to pick up the broom. I had hopes that Bobby O. was that person but now I am having serious second thoughts.
"Progressive thinkers" Sue? History and NYS prove there is no such thing. Your results tell your sad sad tale.

Enjoy those stunning progressive results and that big shiny nano plant they promised you lol!
Stupidest People on Earth

United States

#10 Apr 16, 2014
None are bat and bulletproof either, as the Brindidi family has already learned.

Level 6

Location hidden

#11 Apr 16, 2014
Bobby Oliveira wrote:
Deffiled,
In a final, Brindisi is untouchable.
They are all gettable in a Primary.
I also think Griffo is gettable in a Final but I don't have a candidate yet.
If you say so...It's your time and money.

I'll be here to say "told you so".
We know Sue

United States

#13 Apr 16, 2014
Oh we KNOW you'll still be there. You seem happy with your lot all this time!
so then

Herkimer, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2014
I believe that Palmieri should have both titles and be compensated with an egregiously large salary for each position. He should also have two individual autos at his disposal; one for each position.
Politically astute

Herkimer, NY

#15 Apr 16, 2014
Bobby Oliveira wrote:
Deffiled,
In a final, Brindisi is untouchable.
They are all gettable in a Primary.
I also think Griffo is gettable in a Final but I don't have a candidate yet.
Griffo is here until he wants out. Pay attention.
The deal is ongoing. The CE office belongs to GOP. The DA office is for the Dems.
NYS SEN is GOP. NYS ASS is for the Dems.
There will be no actual competition for these seats.
Now, do you understand?
No confidence in scum

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2014
Politically astute wrote:
<quoted text>
Griffo is here until he wants out.
Nothin wounded ever goes uphill for sure.
Politically astute

Herkimer, NY

#17 Apr 16, 2014
No confidence in scum wrote:
<quoted text>Nothin wounded ever goes uphill for sure.
??What does that even mean??
Frustrated Neighbor

Carthage, NY

#19 Apr 16, 2014
Bobby, I will vote for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UPD pushed Bosnian to the ground 6 min Ityuote 19
Unstable Fire Marshall 14 min Prepuce Johnson 57
Par technology has massive layoff 14 min Jon 6
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 38 min Trumps Army 186
Doug Jones WINS! F U Trumpsters!! 1 hr stupidpeople 4
Par 1 hr Sorry 69
Jones Upsets child molester 3 hr Stable 2
Keeler oweing money 14 hr Fake and Phony 63

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages