First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Snow

Greensboro, NC

#23 Jul 31, 2013
Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe the fountain was built into the restaurant, then after the restaurant left they kept the fountain but got rid of it after several detergent incidents.
Snow

Greensboro, NC

#24 Jul 31, 2013
I also remember in the later '80s they had a New Years Eve party which was actually a lot of fun! Lots of food and music in the food court, mall was open until after midnight and we all just hung out. And on Halloween people would show up in costume. There was a haunted house in the Hess wing that I volunteered in, which was a lot of fun. Also, the teen night at Chuck E Cheese were pretty cool. Yes, there was a Chuck E Cheese at the mall - Hess wing!
past

Utica, NY

#25 Jul 31, 2013
back in the day wrote:
Margarita's was awesome!!!!! I wonder why they left? It was always busy. Great food, drinks, and friends!! Sure do miss that place!
That was the best John Wade owned rest!! The rent went too high so he left

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#27 Jul 31, 2013
hank brackett wrote:
There was a skating rink - It was over in the Target wing where PayLess Shoes is now. There were 2 bookstores - Waldenbooks & B Dalton. Waldenbooks was in the Hess wing where Bath & Body Works is and B Dalton was in the Penneys wing. The mall has gone downhill from what it used to be.
It went down hill because of Consumer Square, like what someone else said, and because the zoning board for New Hartford wouldn't allow the mall to expand at all. I'm not talking about the Sears expansion,that was all Sears, but I'm talking about an actual extension to the mall itself. In 2005 I believe, they proposed a ThEATey concept to Sangetown, but the zoning board wouldn't allow the mall to be extended. They claimed that there wouldn't be enough parking for the new stores, which I think is bull. If it had gone through, the mall would be similar to the Palisades Center.
Jack Apples

Rome, NY

#28 Jul 31, 2013
VinnyMB wrote:
<quoted text> It was where Payless is now. It was only open for about the first year or so the mall was open. That was there before my time, but my older brother had been there when hes was young.
Na, it was there for quite a few years. It vanished when the mall decided to add the extra screens.
Mantooth

Danielson, CT

#29 Jul 31, 2013
past wrote:
<quoted text>That was the best John Wade owned rest!! The rent went too high so he left
He filed Bankruptcy on all of his restaurants... and eventually they all closed. Aylesbury, Appleseed's, S-Kickers, Pink Cadillac, etc.
mall

United States

#30 Jul 31, 2013
Bradlees was also there back in the 80's..

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#31 Aug 1, 2013
I remember the movie theater. It was awesome. I think it was extended, it could have competed with the Marquee if it was still open.
reeney

Schenectady, NY

#33 Aug 2, 2013
I ate her once.
reeney

Schenectady, NY

#34 Aug 2, 2013
ate THERE, I meant.
HistoryMajor1983

Utica, NY

#35 Aug 23, 2013
I was 'sort of' at Margarita's back in 1983. My mom stopped there after a doctor's appointment when I was still a bun in the oven. She stopped to get some Mexican food shortly before I was born. Can't remember how that topic came up, but it did lol

And has anyone been to that O'Tooles that was supposedly at Sangertown back in like 1988? What was that place like?
HistoryMajor1983

Utica, NY

#36 Aug 23, 2013
I was 'sort of' at Margarita's back in 1983. My mom stopped there for some Mexican food after a doctors appointment in Utica when I was still a bun in the oven. Not sure how that topic came up with her, but it did lol

And does anyone remember O'Tooles? It was some wing place that opened up back in like 1988 down in what is now the Target wing.
HistoryMajor1983

Utica, NY

#37 Aug 23, 2013
HistoryMajor1983 wrote:
I was 'sort of' at Margarita's back in 1983. My mom stopped there after a doctor's appointment when I was still a bun in the oven. She stopped to get some Mexican food shortly before I was born. Can't remember how that topic came up, but it did lol
And has anyone been to that O'Tooles that was supposedly at Sangertown back in like 1988? What was that place like?
Sorry, posted this twice..whoops!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Comets ADVANCE!!! 3 hr Here we go 1
The Comets ADVANCE!!!!!!! 3 hr Its on 1
utica mayor fires vin nesci (Dec '13) 3 hr jarome 4
suicide is the most selfish thing and a cowards... (Sep '11) 3 hr roid 57
paul randalls west side barbershop? 3 hr rever 4
Dentist 5 hr curiousme14 2
Anyone watching 20/20 tonite (Apr '09) 5 hr Neal James 6
Where to watch mayweather pacquiao fight? 17 hr Med Examiner 7
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Thu fact check 637
More from around the web