of 3
Next Last

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#54 Sep 4, 2013
Summer Teeth wrote:
They sure DO have a clique!
That may very well be true. But I can testify that I have always been made to feel welcome by Robyn and her peeps there. I can definitely assure you that I am not part of a Tram clique -- our circles don't intersect unless I'm sitting in the Tram as a customer.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#55 Mar 14, 2014
Are they still open?
Prattlesnake

Schenectady, NY

#56 Mar 14, 2014
Super Mighty Mouse wrote:
Are they still open?
Yes.
agree

Baltimore, MD

#57 Mar 15, 2014
Marian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, this place has so much potential, until you read their Facebook page and Robyn slams the customers that spend their money, then don't give her a good tip?! Seriously?!? Why would any business write negative remarks about their customers????
Omg she is the worst! I cannot believe that people say she is likeable/kind ... She drives out paying customers with her pettiness. Can't wait for this place to close!
Prattlesnake

Schenectady, NY

#58 Mar 17, 2014
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg she is the worst! I cannot believe that people say she is likeable/kind ... She drives out paying customers with her pettiness. Can't wait for this place to close!
Wait don't tell me... you brought a bottle of Mountain Dew and a bag of Donuts and she told you, "No outside food or drinks?"

From what I can see from her Facebook page and that of the Tramontane, she only makes comments about people that AREN'T paying and/or enter the establishment with outside food/drinks. And this was apparently during the time when the public was starting to test her after the Tramontane got popular... people started showing up with bags of chips, candy, and soda bottles. Since then I don't see a single post about "outside food" or non-paying loiterers.

Does she have her moods? Yes, but usually when she's super stressed out and has her "business face" on. When you actually sit down with her during the slow times, she's really friendly and helpful because she finally has the time to sit and have a nice chat.

Also, it's not exclusively a "hipster joint." There are country folk there singing Dylan songs, business professionals relaxing, engineers, athletes, elderly, children, hip-hoppers, couples on dates, college professors, gamers, metal heads, parents, etc etc... along with the typical hipstery art/yoga/music crowd.

You're going to be hard pressed to find another local coffee shop with the same atmosphere, food, prices, diversity and open hours as the Tramontane. Seriously... Is mojoz zaffe around anymore? What are the hours of Java Chalet? Can you order a good hearty sandwich while using WiFi at Domenico's? Do you want to drive all the way to Barge Canal or Rojis for a casual meal?

If you don't like it there, maybe you should try to run a cafe in competition against them. Or just stick to the bars. Nobody is forcing you to visit Lincoln Ave.
ADK

Danielson, CT

#59 Mar 17, 2014
Prattlesnake wrote:
<quoted text>Wait don't tell me... you brought a bottle of Mountain Dew and a bag of Donuts and she told you, "No outside food or drinks?"

From what I can see from her Facebook page and that of the Tramontane, she only makes comments about people that AREN'T paying and/or enter the establishment with outside food/drinks. And this was apparently during the time when the public was starting to test her after the Tramontane got popular... people started showing up with bags of chips, candy, and soda bottles. Since then I don't see a single post about "outside food" or non-paying loiterers.

Does she have her moods? Yes, but usually when she's super stressed out and has her "business face" on. When you actually sit down with her during the slow times, she's really friendly and helpful because she finally has the time to sit and have a nice chat.

Also, it's not exclusively a "hipster joint." There are country folk there singing Dylan songs, business professionals relaxing, engineers, athletes, elderly, children, hip-hoppers, couples on dates, college professors, gamers, metal heads, parents, etc etc... along with the typical hipstery art/yoga/music crowd.

You're going to be hard pressed to find another local coffee shop with the same atmosphere, food, prices, diversity and open hours as the Tramontane. Seriously... Is mojoz zaffe around anymore? What are the hours of Java Chalet? Can you order a good hearty sandwich while using WiFi at Domenico's? Do you want to drive all the way to Barge Canal or Rojis for a casual meal?

If you don't like it there, maybe you should try to run a cafe in competition against them. Or just stick to the bars. Nobody is forcing you to visit Lincoln Ave.
My issue with her is she is judgmental about your "crowd" or "peeps" or how you dress. She, in a very snotty way, called me a "suit" because I was dressed professional, mind you at 1:00 on a weekday. Well excuse me that some people wear suits rather than her hipster fashion wanna be cool shit. She was just plain wrong. How can she claim to be all bohemian and what not and then pass judgement like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica AUD may host the AHL All-Star Classic 16 min bobby orr 3
Annie Grove from Bagel Grove left her family 19 min plain bagel 7
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 25 min Jake 27
BJ today 43 min timul 2
Fire the Utica Rescue Mission Board of Directors 44 min Cover up 6
Tony Stewart to face grand jury 1 hr skidz 8
Obama Brings Ebola To The U.S. For Political Gain 5 hr Really 2
NOTRE DAME HIGH undefeated so far 8 hr And then 49
yanadasis closes club house 10 hr Dennis 33
Lou LaPolla Rest In Peace 11 hr Loopy Roefero 10