rebecca king
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
west utica resident

Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 20, 2011
did anyone hear her interview on talk of the town yesterday? she exempted herself from at least two major topics of concern to the citizens of west utica stating that she doesn't want her opinions on these subjects to be taken as a conflict of interest with her job, yet she kept referring to her job (at the utica rescue mission). she advocated for a walking bridge across the arterial so that the utica rescue mission men make it across the street safely! hey, how's this - the utica rescue mission buy a van and transport its own to the meetings, instead of saddling the taxpayer with a hugh bill so that these men can get to the meeting safely. Then she kept saying that she didn't want running for district 2 to interfere with her job but she kept mixing the two! My God she didn't say anything! A bunch of rhetoric with no actual plan of how we are going to get the to pie in the sky places she was referring to. Lastly, she kept downing topics yet admitted this is the only place where people actually discuss local politics-offended yes I am. Vote Dave Testa all the way!!!
Mee

Little Falls, NY

#2 Oct 20, 2011
Shea a joker. Vote Dave Testa!
Sparks

Baldwinsville, NY

#3 Oct 20, 2011
I enjoy anal sex with Tony

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#4 Oct 21, 2011
Please let us all of know what sort of new, exciting and battle-tested plan Testa has for West Utica, we are all waiting with such anticipation! Does any of the good ol' boys club in Utica and the valley, who are so used to "running the show," know anything else but to bash someone when they *dare* run for office? Ms. King does indeed have many good, fresh ideas for the area, she is principled and honest and (thank God) is from outside of the usual network of people who run for CNY political office. I know, you aren't Dave Testa and have no personal or political connection to him, right? I guess you just like to bash people who are actually trying to make a difference in Utica for sport I suppose. What a crock. As for her mentioning her desire to not mix her full time job with the position for which she is now running--are you kidding me? If she didn't acknowledge that issue you and your ilk would still cry foul that she DIDN'T mention the issue and accuse her of attempting to "hide" something! Too many people in the Utica area talk a "good game" and are so full of bluster and bravado over how bad everything is in the area but they don't twitch a butt muscle to actually DO anything about it. Ms. King is a woman of good character and tenacity and she is showing everyone that it takes action in conjunction with strong words to make a difference. She's not jumping into the political filth tank of Utica because she's bored or likes to be verbally abused, she's bravely showing the fortitude to actually stand up to the all too long-term status quo and DO something. Talk is cheap as they say and also quite ineffective when not paired with courage and action. If you have such a problem with candidates who are fresh and vibrant such as Ms. King why don't YOU stand up to public scrutiny and present the voters of Utica with YOUR plan. I'm sure it will be ever so original and spot on! Rebecca King is what Utica needs--a fresh set of ideas, a fresh perspective and a woman of conviction and character. Good Lord, does Utica ever need that.
officer

Camillus, NY

#5 Oct 21, 2011
My vote is with Testa.
Not true

Waterville, NY

#6 Nov 6, 2011
west utica resident wrote:
did anyone hear her interview on talk of the town yesterday? she exempted herself from at least two major topics of concern to the citizens of west utica stating that she doesn't want her opinions on these subjects to be taken as a conflict of interest with her job, yet she kept referring to her job (at the utica rescue mission). she advocated for a walking bridge across the arterial so that the utica rescue mission men make it across the street safely! hey, how's this - the utica rescue mission buy a van and transport its own to the meetings, instead of saddling the taxpayer with a hugh bill so that these men can get to the meeting safely. Then she kept saying that she didn't want running for district 2 to interfere with her job but she kept mixing the two! My God she didn't say anything! A bunch of rhetoric with no actual plan of how we are going to get the to pie in the sky places she was referring to. Lastly, she kept downing topics yet admitted this is the only place where people actually discuss local politics-offended yes I am. Vote Dave Testa all the way!!!
This is Rebecca king and I said no such thing. The interview is online listen for yourself. Don't tell lies because you are afraid of an intelligent opponent
Not true

Waterville, NY

#7 Nov 6, 2011
west utica resident wrote:
The interview is online none of this is true. Too bad you have to make up stories because you can't handle an honest intelligent person running for a city office in Utica.
Yik Yack

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 6, 2011
Not true wrote:
<quoted text>
The interview is online none of this is true. Too bad you have to make up stories because you can't handle an honest intelligent person running for a city office in Utica.
Rebecca, you should have spent more time getting to know the issues and talking to residents, and less time on Topix. You'll find out why when Testa destroys you Tuesday. I don't care what degree you have, your arrogance and lack of knowledge on issues is insulting. You act like you're above everyone and too good to attend local citizen meetings. You do nothing but attack your opponents and your critical mistake was supporting the N/S Arterial Project that 90% of your district is against. It will destroy West Utica and you support that. The people will speak Tuesday. You admitted that you only got in the race because you were approached to run against Tanouri. Well, now you have to deal with Testa - a REAL lifelong West Utican. No more "I live in the district". They used you and now you're being thrown under the bus. Sad part is, you don't even see it. Welcome to Utica politics.
the republican

Utica, NY

#9 Nov 7, 2011
Mrs King, I don't know if you're the answer to fix W Utica but we already know TESTA IS NOT! Why would we give him a pass. What has he done for the city or W Utica in all his years of PAID Service? He's more than a lifelong resident, he's a lifelong politician that hasn't accomplished a thing.

Vote in new leadership.
the republican

Utica, NY

#10 Nov 7, 2011
One last thing, how will the arterial project which solves a long standing problem in the city be bad for W UTica. I gotta hear this one.

I can think of more important issues to throw resources at but I also see the project as a net gain.
Seriously

Cazenovia, NY

#11 Nov 7, 2011
the republican wrote:
One last thing, how will the arterial project which solves a long standing problem in the city be bad for W UTica. I gotta hear this one.
I can think of more important issues to throw resources at but I also see the project as a net gain.

And, how can West Utica be destroyed any more than it has been over the last 30 years!?! Rt 12 should have been an overhead highway in the 60's but it was lobbied down then. Here we go again.

Ms. King, seriously, West Utica needs some police presence and an enema to get the crap that's been settling there forever out! Stop with the footbridges and look at what's really going on there. Please.
American

Syracuse, NY

#12 Nov 7, 2011
I am a friend of Rebecca's. I find this entire discussion to be endemic constant recylced problems in Utica. For one, Uticans keep talking about how they want to see the city either reborn or rejuvenated. That's a great goal. The problem is that after making the argument, the same people then return to vote for the old gaurd. They put the same people in office who failed to deal with the problems in the first place.

According to his website, on Mello Testa's "political resume," he says he served on the Common Council from 2000-2005 and also "served at the highest level on the campaign committees of many local elected officials." What Testa sees as an impresive resume deserving of our vote, I see as a problem.

Yes, Mr. Testa did serve as a Councilman at Large, but what were the results? Where did the growth take place? Where are the new jobs? They don't exist. Utica is still in an economic down-spiral. In short, Mr. Testa had his chance, and it didn't work. Moreover, it appears that we are seeing the results of Mr. Testa's work in many of our current officials he claims to have helped get elected.

Rebecca King isn't a politician, Mr. Testa is a professional at politics. She doesn't have a list of endorsements from people who are part of the problem. What she does have is the fortitude to bring positive change to Utica like less government waste, safer streets and a morally sound voice to city government.

Rebecca King doesn't have a political resume, which right off should be a positive thing. Our legislatures at the local, state and federal level were never intended to be jobs to build a "political resume." Rebecca has the strong character and moral fiber to bring positive change to her neighborhood. At the very least, she should be applauded for her courage. She is the best choice to represent the neighborhood.
Actually

Holyoke, MA

#13 Nov 7, 2011
She's running againt Dave Testa. Mello is running via Colosimo.
American

Syracuse, NY

#14 Nov 7, 2011
Sorry to confuse the professional politicians. Dave is a professional do-nothing at the Utica CSD. At the very least, my points are still relevant. Rebecca is the best choice to represent West Utica.
Actually

Holyoke, MA

#15 Nov 7, 2011
I agree with you American
the republican

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 8, 2011
Seriously wrote:
And, how can West Utica be destroyed any more than it has been over the last 30 years!?! Rt 12 should have been an overhead highway in the 60's but it was lobbied down then. Here we go again. Ms. King, seriously, West Utica needs some police presence and an enema to get the crap that's been settling there forever out! Stop with the footbridges and look at what's really going on there. Please.
W Utica, needs a bigger police presence? Half the force is already patrolling W Utica. It is the single biggest presence in the city. Wake up people. The police will not stop petty crimes when an economy is down. You want a better community? Get involved and start making a difference in the lives of the youth around you. If that's something you're not willing to do, then continue to complain or move. If you think a couple hundred COPs will make a significant difference i hat to tell but it will NEVER happen. Those COPs are a product of the environment you despise so much. My point, police officers don't make the differece, residents do. The real question is what kind of neighbor are you?
5cats

Waterville, NY

#17 Nov 9, 2011
the republican wrote:
<quoted text>W Utica, needs a bigger police presence? Half the force is already patrolling W Utica. It is the single biggest presence in the city. Wake up people. The police will not stop petty crimes when an economy is down. You want a better community? Get involved and start making a difference in the lives of the youth around you. If that's something you're not willing to do, then continue to complain or move. If you think a couple hundred COPs will make a significant difference i hat to tell but it will NEVER happen. Those COPs are a product of the environment you despise so much. My point, police officers don't make the differece, residents do. The real question is what kind of neighbor are you?
This is the single most intelligent thing I have seen on topix in a long time. I have learned so much about this neighborhood during this race. I have every intention of being actively involved. It is not about creating a policed environment it's about taking responsibility for your own part of the city.
Yik Yack

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 9, 2011
She barely beat Tanouri and he dropped out of the race and endorsed Testa. Pretty sad showing for her. This race was always between Testa and Tanouri in the primary. She was a joke.
Seriously

Cazenovia, NY

#19 Nov 10, 2011
the republican wrote:
<quoted text>W Utica, needs a bigger police presence? Half the force is already patrolling W Utica. It is the single biggest presence in the city. Wake up people. The police will not stop petty crimes when an economy is down. You want a better community? Get involved and start making a difference in the lives of the youth around you. If that's something you're not willing to do, then continue to complain or move. If you think a couple hundred COPs will make a significant difference i hat to tell but it will NEVER happen. Those COPs are a product of the environment you despise so much. My point, police officers don't make the differece, residents do. The real question is what kind of neighbor are you?
Really? Half the force is working West Utica? There's no way that you can actually live there because coming from someone that does that statement is insane. There is no presence of the sort you refer and there are continual stabbings & shootings and neighborhoods in decline. And, to your question about what kind of neighbor I am I will only answer as the kind you would want to have. To your simply stupid comment about getting out there and making a difference in the kids lives is assinine. You certainly don't know what I have done as a volunteer or community servant. But these rediculous 'community' events that I have seen are simply some sort of social masturbation for the folks that put them on and have show no results with a lasting positive impact on the 'kids' you are talking about. You really think a picnic in a park every couple months is the answer? It's not.
Seriously

Cazenovia, NY

#20 Nov 10, 2011
And, I did vote for Ms. King. I am sorry she lost. We could have at least used a fresh voice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deportation to africa 6 min Dr Congo 4
help GET NEW TIRE SWINGS AN JUNGLE GYM FOR CORN... 9 min Tyisaha 2
American Has Been Reclaimed 13 min Ali tryrom 2
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 17 min Lloyce 776
Harmony 18 min Gotcha 4
Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Orangutan, Nationalities 21 min Former White Radi... 17
Jason POWLES telling Wessing how to do her job ... 38 min Sam 24
Bella Regina wins best riggies 4 hr Ocean Blue Smell 28
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? 6 hr Tell The Truth 46
Boycott RedBox 14 hr Pathetic Uticans 74