This Valley Of Yours Really Is Sad & Disgusting

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SouthernGuy

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Jan 31, 2010
This is one of the worst impoverished area that I have ever seen . People are unfriendly,and the City Of Utica is a very dirty city.
I'm just up here visiting.But I can guarantee you and I one thing.I will never come back.
Dick

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 31, 2010
Good. Need money for a bus ticket?

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 31, 2010
SouthernGuy wrote:
This is one of the worst impoverished area that I have ever seen . People are unfriendly,and the City Of Utica is a very dirty city.
I'm just up here visiting.But I can guarantee you and I one thing.I will never come back.
Well DO take some of our politicians back down south with you please!

I give it 5 years with Mario "The Mouth" Cuomo, George "I wanna be prez" Pataki, Hillary "Carpetbagger" Clintoon, Chuck "manboobs" Schumer, Sheldon "Stairwell" Silver, Mike "Arcurious" Arcuri, Dave Roefaro and a few of our unbeloved Usual Suspects and your city too will be the talk of the state!
And if you REALLY wanna look like a group of rubes, et our local ragsheet publisher "Dirty" Donna Donovan take over your newspaper, shell cover for them while they rob you blind like thiefs in the night!
Hell, just Put RoAnn Pigstito on your liquor authority and that'll suck out 5000 jobs immediately!
Better yet just save yourself the time and drop a small yeild atomic bomb and save youself a few years!!
charlie brown

Watertown, NY

#5 Jan 31, 2010
SouthernGuy wrote:
I live here for the time being and couldnt agree more with you, everyone wonders why all the "young" people are leaving, well as you see and anyone with a clear head can see is that this area blows and everyone here hates their lives because of how depressing this area is, so what your speaking is the truth
SouthernGuy

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Jan 31, 2010
You all need to get a grip on what happened to your area.
I mean seriously.
You all have been living like this for so long.You don't see how downhill your city and area has gone.I don't know what the problems are.And I cant give you any real answers.Except get rid of your politicians.Start with fresh people and ideas.That would be a good start.
jack nicholson

Watertown, NY

#7 Jan 31, 2010
it wont help, all business are closing, all jobs are being lost, there is no money in the economy in this area so they will just continue to raise taxes...and all the crime starts in utica with the scumbags and those scumbags are relocating to other parts of CNY now so pretty soon i think most of CNY will be like utica, full of welfare trash, people who work over the system yet sell drugs and basically a walmart and fast food places....basically an area with no future, best to give up and just move
SouthernGuy

Pleasanton, CA

#8 Jan 31, 2010
Ive been scoping the newspapers,driving around,talking to people.And what your saying,is exactly what other people have said.
It seems like concerned citizens would make a strong game plan.And put it into action.Obviously your city leaders arent working
SouthernGuy

Pleasanton, CA

#9 Jan 31, 2010
My dad always said"You can tell how strong a city is by their downtown"
Yours here consist of a couple city buildings,pawn shops,eateries,and that about it.And what up with all the vacant businesses and company buildings?
SouthernGuy

Pleasanton, CA

#10 Jan 31, 2010
Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>Well DO take some of our politicians back down south with you please!
I give it 5 years with Mario "The Mouth" Cuomo, George "I wanna be prez" Pataki, Hillary "Carpetbagger" Clintoon, Chuck "manboobs" Schumer, Sheldon "Stairwell" Silver, Mike "Arcurious" Arcuri, Dave Roefaro and a few of our unbeloved Usual Suspects and your city too will be the talk of the state!
And if you REALLY wanna look like a group of rubes, et our local ragsheet publisher "Dirty" Donna Donovan take over your newspaper, shell cover for them while they rob you blind like thiefs in the night!
Hell, just Put RoAnn Pigstito on your liquor authority and that'll suck out 5000 jobs immediately!
Better yet just save yourself the time and drop a small yeild atomic bomb and save youself a few years!!
Will they all fit in a minvan?lol
Blindness

Albany, NY

#11 Feb 1, 2010
The people who stay in Utica stay because they can't make it anywhere else. They are blind to the downward sprial that has been taking place fot the 2 decades. To them this terrible lifestyle is a way of life and they don't see it as a bad. This is the life of a Utican. No jobs, some of the worst weather in NY state, tanked real estate market, no downtown, rampant drug and alcohol abuse, people hanging out at the same bars since they were 18, vacant properties all over the place, crooked politics, horrible schools, 1/4 of th population living below poverty, welfare recipients in unheard of numbers and a bunch of wanna be Italians who are still living in Uticas hay day. This city is at a point of no return and if any of you peopole have any drive in life you'll move on see that life can be good. Just not in the UT. Go away and come back in about 20 years. By then the Bosinians should have the city back to the decent place it used to be before you stupid wops ran it into the ground.
Douglas

New York, NY

#12 Feb 1, 2010
SouthernGuy wrote:
Too bad you did not visit during Christmass. Downtown was decorated beautifully.
And downtown is not dirty. It is neat and clean.
And how about north and south utica?
Those places are very neat and clean.
Really

New York, NY

#13 Feb 1, 2010
SouthernGuy wrote:
You all need to get a grip on what happened to your area.
I mean seriously.
You all have been living like this for so long.You don't see how downhill your city and area has gone.I don't know what the problems are.And I cant give you any real answers.Except get rid of your politicians.Start with fresh people and ideas.That would be a good start.
Hey!Our mayor sells coffins!What do you expect.lol
Just Wondering

Auburn, NY

#14 Feb 1, 2010
SouthernGuy wrote:
My dad always said"You can tell how strong a city is by their downtown"
Yours here consist of a couple city buildings,pawn shops,eateries,and that about it.And what up with all the vacant businesses and company buildings?
Your Dad lived in a totally different era when downtowns were flourishing. That ended in the seventies with the malls. Downtowns actually started their decline in the fifties when shopping plaza's began to emerge, and the malls were the last straw. In case you havent noticed, this has happened almost everywhere in the last 40 years.
tool

Syracuse, NY

#15 Feb 1, 2010
look what this area has to offer: great winters sub freezing, hot summers fo two weeks in august then rain all summer, jobs at nice and easys and walmart,high water bills, school taxes , high county taxes,village taxes high due to stubborn old politicans against consolidation,arrogant barny fife vllage cops writing rediculous tickets to young people, no night life, big keeler show no local news team, one horse newspaper, republican control of everyting with no future planning.
Tony Soprano

New York, NY

#16 Feb 1, 2010
SouthernGuy wrote:
Don't.
truth

New York, NY

#17 Feb 1, 2010
what I notice is the young generationn of lying, coniving, goldigging, and manipulating young men and women. Most come from broken homes where infidelity occurred. Even moreso, parents struggled to hold down jobs which led to marital problems. You have these elaborate weddings that they can not afford. They start off in debt and you can predict outcome. Next thing they are divorced and fighting for child support. In the end the kids see this as normal and think it's okay to cheat, scam, and lie in their own
relationships. All because Utica is going nowhere.
a taxpayer

Watertown, NY

#18 Feb 1, 2010
There is a chance for consolidation now, Philo is leaving, put in a qualified chief in Utica and take over New Hartford's force. Think that will happen doubt it, but it would be a start. Then go after all the small vilages around Utica would be next, but that won't happen either. Those in charge will spend money on a study that no one will see and it will go on as business as usual. And how can the water authority put in the paper they are raising rates, due to water conservation and their cash flow is down. Do they want us to turn the water on for an hour a day to keep the good ole boys working! And now we are feeling good about using CFL bulbs instead of the old incandesent ones, what do you think National Grid is going to do with rates when electrical consumption drops!!
Lol

Utica, NY

#19 Feb 1, 2010
It's a no win situation here! The cost of living is not any cheaper in this area than it is in a major city. The water board and National Grid will raise rates when consumption is down, just to pad their profits. So we lose both ways! If we use their overpriced services too much, we lose by paying too much for the service! If we try to save money by lowering our usage, we still pay more in the way of increased rates. It's criminal and our elected officials are too busy lining their own pockets to change it!
Footlong

Syracuse, NY

#20 Feb 1, 2010
Utica has been "the" political dumping ground for years. It's where the Federal and State politicians dump the lowlife prisoners and their lowlife relatives. It's where they dump all the world refugees with no resources but the clothes on their backs. It's where all the putrified carcasses go to be processed into dog food (take a whiff on Oriskany st. west sometime, it doesn't have to be in the summer heat). And the dump is spreading, pushing into the lowlying extremities, like sludge, moving into east and west Utica onward into Yorkville and Whitesboro to the west, and Frankfort and Ilion to the east.

So who wants to live in a dump? Not the ones who created it.

Gotta go take one....
HOTmess

Auburn, NY

#21 Feb 1, 2010
Maybe we shouldn't set our sights so high, and just strive to be a town or village or something

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Used Car Producer 2 hr CCP 7
re CLIFTON PARK TRANSGENDER STUDENTS AT SHENEN... 2 hr CCP 8
Sad Utican Troll 2 hr CCP 5
Clifton Park 150 cats were hoarded inside, town... 2 hr Vlad Putin 3
Clifton Park Man 'Extreme Makeover' accused of ... 2 hr Vlad Putin 3
Study shows Utica - Rome are on the verge of an... 2 hr Player 29
should CLIFTON PARK MAKE SEPARATE BATHROOM FOR ... 2 hr Vlad Putin 3
state farm new hartford 2 hr Gutter 56
black friday - racist term or not? (Nov '13) 4 hr GROGGIT 21
cornhill protest 4 hr GROGGIT 41
New Windows Stinks 6 hr DISEASE 28
Girl from Summit Chrysler dodge jeep commercials 7 hr mizz nozey 6
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:10PM
5 Bold Predictions for New York Jets' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 7:03 PM
Breaking Down Cleveland's Game Plan vs. Buffalo
Bleacher Report 8:27 PM
Complete Giants Preview for Jags Game
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?
Bleacher Report 9:22 PM
Complete Week 13 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 2:00 AM
Bold Predictions for Browns' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 4:27 AM
Full Dolphins Preview for Jets Game
Bleacher Report 5:14 AM
Dolphins vs. Jets Full Betting Preview
NBC Sports 6:24 AM
Fans flood former Bills linebacker Darryl Talley with contributions
NBC Sports 9:27 AM
Michael Vick is sick, and not just of watching Jets