jason powles on wktv

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HAHAHA

Watertown, NY

#1 Jun 2, 2011
did you just see this guy? he choked on camera and had to go to commercial. they never even did sports. wtf is wrong with utica news?
DRN
Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 3, 2011
Whenever I see him, that's the thought I have: what sport did he play? Chess club?

I don't think jocks make the best sportscasters either but please ... put someone in that knows what playing the games of football, baseball and basketball are like.
Don

Utica, NY

#4 Jun 3, 2011
DRN wrote:
Whenever I see him, that's the thought I have: what sport did he play? Chess club?
I don't think jocks make the best sportscasters either but please ... put someone in that knows what playing the games of football, baseball and basketball are like.
You area complete retard. So you're saying you can't comment on anything (in this case, sports) unless you've actually taken part in whatever you're talking about - previously?

That's like saying Kristen Copeland can't report anything about the president of the United States because she's never been president of the United States before.

Keep trying to get your post count up so we can see how much of a d-bag you really are.
Peter

Syracuse, NY

#5 Jun 3, 2011
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
You area complete retard. So you're saying you can't comment on anything (in this case, sports) unless you've actually taken part in whatever you're talking about - previously?
That's like saying Kristen Copeland can't report anything about the president of the United States because she's never been president of the United States before.
Keep trying to get your post count up so we can see how much of a d-bag you really are.
I think that a requirement of being a sportscaster is having some knowledge of sports.
Don

Utica, NY

#6 Jun 4, 2011
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>I think that a requirement of being a sportscaster is having some knowledge of sports.
He does have some knowledge of sports - clearly - you're just hating on him.
Disturbed

United States

#7 Jun 4, 2011
The people in front of the camera are at the mercy of the people in the control room. They f up all the time.
WKTV BABES

Utica, NY

#8 Jun 4, 2011
Megan K should do the sports in just a sports bra...she needs to unleash those big guns she's got instead of hiding them......LOL
Kayleigh

Rome, NY

#9 Jun 4, 2011
it's not funny, how would you like it if that was you who choked?? it's not funny. wow you people are immature.
matty the cap

Cortland, NY

#10 Jun 6, 2011
Come on, the guy is lazy and useless. There is no other station in America that would hire him.
WKTV for the Win

Duluth, GA

#11 Jun 7, 2011
Does anyone have a recording of this? I think it would be funny to watch. Youtube link? Anyone?
nh guy

Dexter, NY

#12 Jun 9, 2011
He is the Biggest TOILET on Local tv. He does ONE sports event and thats it. He is completely useless.
got one

Ithaca, NY

#13 Jun 9, 2011
WKTV for the Win wrote:
Does anyone have a recording of this? I think it would be funny to watch. Youtube link? Anyone?
Not of Powles, but Heres Matt Dinardo talking about f*cking your mother the wh*re.

YO YO YO

Baldwinsville, NY

#14 Jun 9, 2011
Did you see where Bill woudn't say 'Weiner?' first he said "whiner," then he had to say,'WEENER! Hysterical!!! RLMAO!!!!
WKTV

Oxford, MA

#15 Jun 24, 2011
WKTV, "The windy shack on the hill". I sometimes wonder how they make it. I was watching the news the other day, and Jill Reale told the co-reporter sitting next to her "Hey, don't forget there's no 6 o clock news tonight, so don't show up" while they were still on the air! I know this has got nothing to do with Powles, I just saw WKTV in the title and that was enough for me. I still wish I could see the choking part where it went to commercial break. I would pay money for that.
matty the cap is right

Hamilton, NY

#16 Jun 24, 2011
This guy ( Jason Powlus) must be lazy and has something on someboday in management...wonder how many hours a week he realy works. Brings nothing to the WKTV sports dept...but then again this just fits the mold for workting there. Too many unqualified and lazy people on this staff.
Mayor McCheese

Geneva, NY

#17 Jul 10, 2011
Did Jason get the eye surgery or is he now wearing contact lenses?
KTV

Rome, NY

#18 Jul 11, 2011
I'm tellin' ya...this guy is the worst.
NY Observer

Rome, NY

#19 Jul 11, 2011
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>I think that a requirement of being a sportscaster is having some knowledge of sports.
Which is why I get nauseated when some women on ESPN Sportscenter are reporting the sports; it seems they simply read the teleprompter in the same manner as most of the other "she-bots" on CNN. Don't get me wrong; there are some women who do great at reporting sports highlights (even better than Powles), but it still irritates me. So much for the EEOC and Affirmative Action.
Frankie Gee

Cicero, NY

#20 Jul 12, 2011
Who cares.
Belly up

Tully, NY

#21 Jul 12, 2011
Not I

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North South East West Utica 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 3
Underrated Transit Projects 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Gateway To The Adirondacks 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Utica Thruway Exit 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Bass Pro Shop 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Wheres The Mall 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Hotel Occupancy 1 hr Big Bellied Utican 2
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 1 hr Big Body Utican 319
Nativity scene at NHFD offensive 1 hr Big Body Utican 55
R.I.P., Rashy. R.I.P. 4 hr Overweight Utican 22