Can a Person move after their dead?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
This is weird

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Feb 8, 2010
A friend of mine is in a mortuary science class at a college in Nebraska.She said she saw a dead body sit upright.I say its impossible!

“SoFunnyAt420”

Level 4

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 8, 2010
To answer your question "Can a Person move after their dead?" Sure they can, they get to move from where they die into an ambulance, from here they move to a hospital, then to a mortuary, then a funeral home, and last but not leas into the ground! you asked a stupid question I gave you a smart azz answer!
Democrat Machine

Minoa, NY

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Hey, I've seen dead people vote in Utica! We do it all the time. Rufie taught us well.
Pal

Herkimer, NY

#4 Feb 9, 2010
Uticans are so lazy. Google it up instead of wasting everyones time asking stupid questions. Yes, dead people can move.

There are two types of death. Somatic death is characterized by the discontinuance of cardiac activity and respiration, and eventually leads to the death of all body cells from lack of oxygen, although for approximately six minutes after somatic death—a period referred to as clinical death—a person whose vital organs have not been damaged may be revived. Molecular death is the progressive disintegration of the body. Your question refers to an activity known as “Spontaneous Movement.” This involves the twitching or movement of legs and arms etc hours after death has occurred. Movement in the dead is caused by biochemical reactions and not by ghostly inhabitation or spirit visitations. At one time it was thought to be caused by an accumulation of carbon dioxide in the blood and muscles, but it has since been discovered that it is hydrogen sulphide (H2S). The phenomena only occurs in circumstances such as elevated temperatures, increased tonus induced by specific poisons – eg. parathion –, and also extreme positions of the body at the time of death. Sometimes these gasses may pass the vocal cords and produce a sound. Contrary to the Hollywood movie details, a dead body will not actually “sit up” but may move as mentioned above.
Morticians Assistant

West Leyden, NY

#7 Feb 9, 2010
I worked for a local funeral home.One night I was assisting the owner.The lady was elderly.I positioned her arms,so we could start the solutions.And this lady slapped me on the face hard,and made a sound.This is a true story
Beanz

Stony Brook, NY

#8 Feb 9, 2010
Morticians Assistant wrote:
I worked for a local funeral home.One night I was assisting the owner.The lady was elderly.I positioned her arms,so we could start the solutions.And this lady slapped me on the face hard,and made a sound.This is a true story
OMG!!
What did you do???
Bobby Jindal

Epping, NH

#9 Feb 9, 2010
Beanz wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!
What did you do???
Put his dong back in his pants.
heard of it

Camillus, NY

#10 Feb 9, 2010
This is weird wrote:
A friend of mine is in a mortuary science class at a college in Nebraska.She said she saw a dead body sit upright.I say its impossible!
I heard of this happening too. I knew a guy that worked for an undertaker picking up the dead bodies from the hospital/ursing homes. and he told me while driving back to the funeral home that a couple times the body sat up. something to do with the muscles. he said they also pass gas to. he was scared at first then got use to it.
Morticians Assistant

West Leyden, NY

#11 Feb 9, 2010
Beanz wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!
What did you do???
I tried not to show it,but it scared the heck out of me!!
Ghost

Ithaca, NY

#12 Feb 9, 2010
They are also know to speak and respond like a zombie would if you speak to them while they are moving.
Matt

Dallas, TX

#13 Feb 9, 2010
Can I move into their vacant appsrtment. I don't need furniture, just a roof over my head.
Beanz

Stony Brook, NY

#14 Feb 9, 2010
Morticians Assistant wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried not to show it,but it scared the heck out of me!!
lol!! Too bad it wasn't taped!!
ahhhhh

West Leyden, NY

#15 Feb 9, 2010
Matt wrote:
Can I move into their vacant appsrtment. I don't need furniture, just a roof over my head.
if you blow me
beavis

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Feb 9, 2010
Yes they can , just look at my ex-wife.

Since: Feb 10

Berlin, NH

#17 Feb 9, 2010
My ex-wife used to move during sex, too, Oh that's right, technically she was still alive...was pretty scary, tho
MR UTICA

Miami, FL

#18 Feb 9, 2010
Yes,,
Hay F'''k you KEELER YOU WARE ASS WIPE THEN AND YOU ARE STILL ASS WIPE,,,

Hay Asss Wipe ..

HAY THIS MASSAGE IS NOT FOR YOU’’

((((( I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ))))

Hay ASS HOLE''''

THE F''KING ORKIN MAN IS ON THE WAY TO PULL A F'''KING RAT OUT OF HIS HOLE,,

Tune in to ((( UTICA RATS ))))

FROM MR, UTICA,,

THIS IS FOR THE RAT,,

WHO DATT???
Cowboy

West Leyden, NY

#19 Feb 9, 2010
the cyanide kid wrote:
My ex-wife used to move during sex, too, Oh that's right, technically she was still alive...was pretty scary, tho
She moves just fine for me!
I guess it was your little small dicky
Cowboy

West Leyden, NY

#20 Feb 9, 2010
Pal wrote:
Uticans are so lazy. Google it up instead of wasting everyones time asking stupid questions. Yes, dead people can move.
There are two types of death. Somatic death is characterized by the discontinuance of cardiac activity and respiration, and eventually leads to the death of all body cells from lack of oxygen, although for approximately six minutes after somatic death—a period referred to as clinical death—a person whose vital organs have not been damaged may be revived. Molecular death is the progressive disintegration of the body. Your question refers to an activity known as “Spontaneous Movement.” This involves the twitching or movement of legs and arms etc hours after death has occurred. Movement in the dead is caused by biochemical reactions and not by ghostly inhabitation or spirit visitations. At one time it was thought to be caused by an accumulation of carbon dioxide in the blood and muscles, but it has since been discovered that it is hydrogen sulphide (H2S). The phenomena only occurs in circumstances such as elevated temperatures, increased tonus induced by specific poisons – eg. parathion –, and also extreme positions of the body at the time of death. Sometimes these gasses may pass the vocal cords and produce a sound. Contrary to the Hollywood movie details, a dead body will not actually “sit up” but may move as mentioned above.
Well well arent you plain dumber than dirt
MR UTICA

Miami, FL

#21 Feb 9, 2010
will its like this i have an house and the poor old lady daed 3, years ago she stell live in the house and i can't stope she....

this is not f'''king around,,,

,, i call it the hunted house of Miami,,

top this one,,

you will fine me right now i am look for a rat that is in his hole in Utica,,

and i will find you,,,,
help

AOL

#22 Feb 9, 2010
I think you mean After They're Dead not their

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hartford Police Chief Michael S. Inserra - ... 1 min Tick tick tick tick 54
Work On Aud Improvements 2 min Welfare wendy 398
Samantha Colostomy Testa - SNOOKIE, only fatter. 5 min Bigly Fugly 5
Trump Coluded 20 min Caddy 3
2 New Utica hotels EMPTY EVERY NIGHT! 21 min Indeed 73
Claudia Tenney- swamp rat 33 min LibHater 31
Jill Reale learned a new word. 36 min Pete 1
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 1 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 711
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 2 hr Thanks 97
New Hartford Schools investigated by State of NY 3 hr NO Batman Costume 73