Tim Klotz apartment fire kills 4?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Red

Auburn, NY

#1 Sep 20, 2009
Well well, the WORST slumlord in the city of utica Tim Klotz has a fatality in one of his deaath trap appartment buildings.

It is interesting to note that Tim was run out of Mass. for being a slumlord and promptly set up shop here in Utica where it is easier to be a moneygrubbing scumbag.

Hope his insurance pays for the upcoming lawsuits, but his wife will DEFINITELY leave him after this one@

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/59935422.html
Dave

Auburn, NY

#2 Sep 20, 2009
He is clearly the worst landlord in the city of utica and guess what? He DOES NOT CARE! He will tell you this to your face he has so much money he laughs at the little fines and just goes on to rent to some other scumbags and doesn't make any efforts to comply. I have spoken to hima bout this HE DOES NOT CARE and seems to enjoy telling people.

He doesn't even care if hiss wife has an affair he has his own! This guy DOES NOT CARE and will admit it with a smile!

You loose, Tim wins!
justice

Auburn, NY

#3 Sep 20, 2009
Red, your comments are 100% correct.
disgusted

Mexico, NY

#4 Sep 20, 2009
so maybe it time codes do there job with these landlords buying all these houses and not doing nothing

“Upscale Trailer Trash”

Level 4

Since: Jan 09

Sauquoit

#5 Sep 20, 2009
Who's more at fault? Klotz for not registering or the city for failure to follow through?

Louie T is gonna be busy!
speaking

Auburn, NY

#6 Sep 20, 2009
2 of his sisters lived in the apt building both are now homeless and have lost everything due to him
Who is he

Watertown, NY

#7 Sep 20, 2009
This sint the same one that was a cop years ago is it?
Who is he

Watertown, NY

#8 Sep 20, 2009
*isnt
WDFA

Auburn, NY

#9 Sep 20, 2009
Who is he wrote:
This sint the same one that was a cop years ago is it?
That's his brother. He's completely the opposite his brother.

Go figure.
Parkway

Camillus, NY

#10 Sep 20, 2009
Tim was a former UPD.
Parkway

Camillus, NY

#11 Sep 20, 2009
Correction, Rich Klotz was former UPD. Brother to Tim.
Throw the Book at Him

Ithaca, NY

#12 Sep 20, 2009
Mr Klotz better call George Aney
WDFA

Auburn, NY

#13 Sep 20, 2009
Throw the Book at Him wrote:
Mr Klotz better call George Aney
Why bother? He's insured up the wazoo. As far as the strong condemnation from your Utica City officials... he can pay the $29.95 fine and move on.
Lock Him Up

Syracuse, NY

#14 Sep 20, 2009
I actually used to stay in that building about 4 years ago. Him and his wife were the worst landlords ever. I called city codes on them before for lack of heat and nothing was done about it.
okay

Syracuse, NY

#15 Sep 20, 2009
so he stinks as a landlord..question remains- how did the fire start? did a tenant leave food cooking unattended, smoking in bed, drugs, payback?? how would that be the landlords fault?? and not for nothing- why didn't city codes put their little notice on the door and shut it down when the landlord didn't comply Last Year??
so mad

New York, NY

#16 Sep 20, 2009
Moofie wrote:
Who's more at fault? Klotz for not registering or the city for failure to follow through?
Louie T is gonna be busy!
Excellent point here, A 12 unit, 3 story death trap, totally unsafe and knowingly not up to codes by the owner and the city. please tell me how that is even close to making sense. The owner can pay a mere $100 fine and is allowed to continue to rent this piece of shit building. The city has a part in this also, when you know a building of that size and 3 story's tall is not up to codes, it should not be allowed to be occupied, period!! 4 people dead because the system doesn't work. why even have a codes law in effect if you don't enforce it fully to ensure the safety of all people who are living in these building. Shame on the owner, and shame on the city for allowing people to live in that building. When you are not in compliance with the law, you should never be able to pay a fine and then move on with business as usual when people's lives hang in the balance. I hope the system improves after this, but I'm afraid it will be another classic example of someone has to die before things are changed. Rest in peace to those who lost their lives.
More money

Auburn, NY

#17 Sep 20, 2009
so mad wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point here, A 12 unit, 3 story death trap, totally unsafe and knowingly not up to codes by the owner and the city. please tell me how that is even close to making sense. The owner can pay a mere $100 fine and is allowed to continue to rent this piece of shit building. The city has a part in this also, when you know a building of that size and 3 story's tall is not up to codes, it should not be allowed to be occupied, period!! 4 people dead because the system doesn't work. why even have a codes law in effect if you don't enforce it fully to ensure the safety of all people who are living in these building. Shame on the owner, and shame on the city for allowing people to live in that building. When you are not in compliance with the law, you should never be able to pay a fine and then move on with business as usual when people's lives hang in the balance. I hope the system improves after this, but I'm afraid it will be another classic example of someone has to die before things are changed. Rest in peace to those who lost their lives.
And what a quagmire to put out such a massive 3 story fire. You would think with a multi-million dollar budget and dozens of UFD firefighters that this could have had a better outcome. Cmon I used to drive by that house and shudder just looking at it what a hot rat hole! I guess we'll need to increase the UFD budget to enable them to fight fires bigger than 2 storys.
justice

Auburn, NY

#18 Sep 20, 2009
excellent points so mad
Thinkaboutit

United States

#19 Sep 20, 2009
Is anybody familiar enough with the law to know if Klotz can be tried criminally for anything? I don't know what the definition of criminally negligent homicide is but doesn't it seem like his negligence caused this in a way?
Harley Daniels

Auburn, NY

#20 Sep 20, 2009
Thinkaboutit wrote:
Is anybody familiar enough with the law to know if Klotz can be tried criminally for anything? I don't know what the definition of criminally negligent homicide is but doesn't it seem like his negligence caused this in a way?
Wow good idea! Maybe RoAnn or Griffo can quick whip up a press conference and some accompanying legislation to make it illegal for Tim Klots to do business in New York?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
we love to shoot up philly and any city we leec... 8 min smckgums 3
whats your favorite color for nylons on your head 9 min smckgums 6
]\[lgers take a bow for shooting up every city ... 10 min smckgums 2
6-week-old baby who was ra p ed by uncle in A... 11 min smckgums 2
I miss the days when I was in chains and had to... 12 min smckgums 3
smart they RA PE babies in Africa so they dont ... 12 min smckgums 3
how many JOWLS an FRIED CHICKEN GREASE gallons ... 13 min smckgums 7
papa Joe's restaurant 49 min Diabetic Utican 23
Popeo's mouth problem! 50 min Diabetic Utican 14
Judge Popeo coward - Ranting Fat Utica Bigot 53 min Karma 11