Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the Auditorium Authority Board of Directors has given complete financial control of Aud Operations to the Comets and Rob Esche management team.

Why do we need an Auditorium Authority board of directors if they have given up their responsibility to their anchor tenent? This is irresponsible of a board to give up so much of their responsibility.

This is plain wrong and the Auditorium Authority should be disolved.

Look at their web site http://theuticaaud.com

I'm a Comets fan and hockey fan, but this is just plain WRONG!

Opinions?
OldNews

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Where have you been? The new group has assumed control of ALL operations for a few months now!
Curious

Littleton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

The board never did anything anyways. What they need to do is purchase that old laundry building tear it down and provide some much needed parking. I
How can you expect to fill the aud with people without parking? It's been a disgrace for years. They need more parking.
cometsctu

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Curious wrote:
The board never did anything anyways. What they need to do is purchase that old laundry building tear it down and provide some much needed parking. I
How can you expect to fill the aud with people without parking? It's been a disgrace for years. They need more parking.
actually they are looking at buying that property. But not for parking. There are long term plans down the road. And involves with the street between the aud and the laundry being removed completely.com ets better learn to win home games first. Or they won't hafta worry bout renovations.smallest crowd of the year tonight.
Allie

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

cometsctu wrote:
<quoted text>actually they are looking at buying that property. But not for parking. There are long term plans down the road. And involves with the street between the aud and the laundry being removed completely.com ets better learn to win home games first. Or they won't hafta worry bout renovations.smallest crowd of the year tonight.
No surprise, hs basketball started tonight.
Amateur hour

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Esche and anything in utica: Rinkydink Amateur Hour.
Comets

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

The aud is being ran better then it ever has. Is this person who started this post crazy. If this didn't happen the aud would have collapsed in 3 years. Now its being to be totally redone for uc and ahl
Pound of rubber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Its being "totally redone" to benefit the lower intelligence crowd an Brindisi and Griffo. Fact more money was spent with nonlocal companies than would have been charged for things locally. Do you really think everyone is this stupid about a washed up guy like Esche and his 3rd rate team in a 10th rate city by idiots? Move to a city with more than 2 million people and you will see what areal hockey arena and team really is.
Comets

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Let me tell ya something pal the utica comets is all this city has going for it. What did you want the 5 mil to go toward. The 15 hope 6 houses on noyes street for crows to demolish in 10 years or the utica aud which brings N Hartford Clinton and whitesboro people into this toilet to spend money?
Check this out

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

I'm not your pal idiot and if you think "The Comets" and all that stupid fckin retard sports shzt is some big saving grace you're just as patently fcking retarded as the rest of those inbreeds up there who care more about retard games than their own kid's futures. You live with the 'crows" and sound pretty vapid and ignorant so what's that tell ya smart guy? At least you got the "toilet" part right!

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

cometsctu wrote:
<quoted text>actually they are looking at buying that property. But not for parking. There are long term plans down the road. And involves with the street between the aud and the laundry being removed completely.com ets better learn to win home games first. Or they won't hafta worry bout renovations.smallest crowd of the year tonight.
that is true. there are plans for a larger concourse bump out for bathrooms, a restaurant is going in. they just finished the irish pub down stairs.long term plans include expanding toward the laundry place. the aud is already a much better venue. the sound system is great, video boards are awesome. if they can make the outside look like the inside then they will really have a great aud!! but the big things that are needed are more bathrooms, more walking space, and more seats!!
Vin

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

cometsctu wrote:
3166 was official attendance. It's not that bad. People need to stop complaining. That is what is wrong with the area. Everyone whines like little girls. Go suck on your pacifier.
season tix holder

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

I heard they might build a practice facility (ice rink)near the aud, did anyone else hear this ?
Truth

Canastota, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

Pound of rubber wrote:
Its being "totally redone" to benefit the lower intelligence crowd an Brindisi and Griffo. Fact more money was spent with nonlocal companies than would have been charged for things locally. Do you really think everyone is this stupid about a washed up guy like Esche and his 3rd rate team in a 10th rate city by idiots? Move to a city with more than 2 million people and you will see what areal hockey arena and team really is.
...haven't gotten laid in awhile, eh?
resident

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

I can tell you this comets won't generate the revenue that the aud did in the past. That's fact. But the Homo Jim Brock needed more control for his own social life.
resident

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

Utica college built hockey back in the city. No matter how you slice it Gary H sold his kids out. So big deal the AHL helped get money to fix the building from the state to fix the building. They won't make the money that building did in the past. The comets can't buy a win in that building
Slim

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Judged:

Is anyone ever happy around here? The complaining gets old. Esche, I'm sre worked very hard bringing an AHL team to Utica. There wasn't one person who thought this would be possible. The Aud looks better than ever and the Comets can only get better. Grab a beer or a coke and go enjoy a game. Please stop whining!

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

resident wrote:
Utica college built hockey back in the city. No matter how you slice it Gary H sold his kids out. So big deal the AHL helped get money to fix the building from the state to fix the building. They won't make the money that building did in the past. The comets can't buy a win in that building
i seriously doubt gary h had any say in whether the ahl comes to utica. since when would a pro sports team ask the local div 3 hockey coach if its alright to play in the same city. and the aud has not shown a profit in 25 yrs. the aud was so out dated it woulda closed in 5-10 yrs, the building was a dump. you must be totally clueless......
resident

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Your facts are so wrong . As far as it being out of date lets think about the last 15 years that I know of. 1. new roof 2.new ice machine 3. New doors 4. New score board 5. New dashers and glass 6. New seats 7. New parking lot in back 8. Fresh paint 9. New ice maker
That's just a few things that I know of
But the aud board is what controlled that not the building workers. I know that and o am an outsider talk to someone who has all the fact and correct facts
comets uc

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

resident wrote:
Your facts are so wrong . As far as it being out of date lets think about the last 15 years that I know of. 1. new roof 2.new ice machine 3. New doors 4. New score board 5. New dashers and glass 6. New seats 7. New parking lot in back 8. Fresh paint 9. New ice maker
That's just a few things that I know of
But the aud board is what controlled that not the building workers. I know that and o am an outsider talk to someone who has all the fact and correct facts
roof is upkeep. Ice machine/ chiller was comets doing, haven't seen any new doors,scoreboard and dashers are upkeep, lower seat should a been replaced 20 yes ago. Parking lot???? Hast been done yet and its cause of the comets, paint was all comets doing. When we say outdated, it means sound system, video boards, food that sucked, no internet service in the building, no online ticket sales, ect ect....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••