Feed Our Vets pulls out
utica forum

Carthage, NY

#23 May 8, 2013
In other Cities wrote:
The following is From Feed Our Vets Website, I see they have food pantrys across America or stock food for other food pantrys across America. Have they stocked Utica Food Bank, and Have they had problems putting up other Pantrys in other Cites ?..."About Feed Our Vets: Feed Our Vets is a nonprofit food pantry created to provide nutritious food to United States veterans whose circumstances have left them on the battlefield of hunger. The organization stocks food pantries across the country to feed the more than 130,000 veterans who are homeless or hungry on any given night in America. Feed Our Vets serves not only veterans, but also men and women still enlisted in the military, along with their families. For more information, visit http://www.feedourvets.org "
looser their shouldn't be any charity only the church giving food but they where the first but all these people took the business
just wondering

Herkimer, NY

#24 May 8, 2013
Here's my thought. How come before all this controversy no one cared that Feed Our Vets was practically across the street from the Outreach Center. No one told them that they should merge with them then. No one thought that it was wrong that there were two places serving vets in the same area. Only when they tried to buy the building did it become such a big deal. Just goes to prove that most of these people bitchin and complaining didn't even know Feed Our Vets existed before this. Do you get what I am saying??? Obviously there is a need for this population for the services provided since they have both been doing it for years now. No matter what the Bagg Sq. business owners say, it all boils down to this. They think they are better then the vets being served. That could be the only reason they don't want them around. Who agrees with that!
FEED the GREED

New Hartford, NY

#25 May 8, 2013
utica forum wrote:
<quoted text>are you for real look at the way this guy frank handled this he sent a letter the the city ? and called people names and attacked the charity and was out to do anything he could to not let them buy and or move into that building? he even went on as to say they are committing crimes with funds and pitted city leaders against the charity and pitted the news against them getting the news utica phoenix news and the OD to go against the charity to say they should join forces with other charity's really this guy was out to slander them pit people against them and or even put them in jail with accusations about the way they spend the money donated you people are all wrong he could have handled it like a man instead the business owners "tailor and the cook" and "utica roasting company" and nail creek bar on verick street " used all their sources for wrong doings the news and the city leaders should be ashamed of themselves.... and anyone else involved POS i am calling the casino and demanding they stop selling roasting products.. what was so hard about contacting the feed our vets on the side not sending a sneaky letter to the city POS
I agree wholeheartedly. The pompous ass then wishes them well. Choose your neighbors carefully Mr Coffee, it clear youd rather have nothing. Honestly i wish the Vets find a plce and a means to be assisted outside of peewwtica, not even Franks coffee smell can cover the stench of the decaying remains of a dead city! Good luck with the strippers pal ;)
utica forum

Carthage, NY

#26 May 8, 2013
the news was saying someone was threatened is this true did the police confirm this was a report made or are they telling lies... how come the news didn't interview the upd to see if this was true and if the threats come up to be not true will their be charges filed against the person who filed the report
hank

Utica, NY

#27 May 9, 2013
Bigots on Bagg Square, not good people. Run them out of town.
Truth

Utica, NY

#28 May 9, 2013
just wondering wrote:
Here's my thought. How come before all this controversy no one cared that Feed Our Vets was practically across the street from the Outreach Center. No one told them that they should merge with them then. No one thought that it was wrong that there were two places serving vets in the same area. Only when they tried to buy the building did it become such a big deal. Just goes to prove that most of these people bitchin and complaining didn't even know Feed Our Vets existed before this. Do you get what I am saying??? Obviously there is a need for this population for the services provided since they have both been doing it for years now. No matter what the Bagg Sq. business owners say, it all boils down to this. They think they are better then the vets being served. That could be the only reason they don't want them around. Who agrees with that!
That's not true.
Feed our Vets and the Outreach shared the former YMCA at one point. Something happened that soured that relationship and Feed our Vets moved out. So obviously someone did think of it before.

This is not about vets. It's about what's right for the development of downtown Utica. A food pantry, whether it's run by and for vets is not the issue. It would be the same for any organization who wanted to do the same thing. Stop trying to make this into disrespect for veterans. It's not.

So many of these posts are long on emotion and short on facts but that's what you get when the facts don't support an arguement.
hank

Utica, NY

#29 May 9, 2013
Truth is Frank Elias
Once again its the truth

Troy, NY

#30 May 9, 2013
My synek could NOT get a loan for the purchase of the building. End of story.
In order to avoid embarrassment he choose to throw the area buninesses under the bus by making such a targeted and liablous statement to the media. He did the exact same thing when he threw the Veterans Outreach Center under the bus in last weeks of editorial.
If the object was really about aiding veterans then mending relations with the existing outreach center should be priority number one. Certainly not trashing them in the paper.
Feed Our Vets seems to have an excellent platform to go national and can do a lot of good. I think the organization might need a little restructuring of it officers and board.
I left

Utica, NY

#31 May 9, 2013
If the local politicians are more for non-profit development than business development districts. Than why bother opening a business in Utica. Why would you open a business in Utica. The average Income in the city is under 20 thousand a year. Not a place for a business to flourish . The low income vote for the city's politicians. It's a lose/lose situation for a business.
Boots

United States

#32 May 9, 2013
Once again its the truth wrote:
My synek could NOT get a loan for the purchase of the building. End of story.
In order to avoid embarrassment he choose to throw the area buninesses under the bus by making such a targeted and liablous statement to the media. He did the exact same thing when he threw the Veterans Outreach Center under the bus in last weeks of editorial.
If the object was really about aiding veterans then mending relations with the existing outreach center should be priority number one. Certainly not trashing them in the paper.
Feed Our Vets seems to have an excellent platform to go national and can do a lot of good. I think the organization might need a little restructuring of it officers and board.
Ummm no check with the realtor idiot. Another pathetic reason to start putting the boot to Franks neck, so to speak, of course.
Get real

United States

#33 May 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true.
Feed our Vets and the Outreach shared the former YMCA at one point. Something happened that soured that relationship and Feed our Vets moved out. So obviously someone did think of it before.
This is not about vets. It's about what's right for the development of downtown Utica. A food pantry, whether it's run by and for vets is not the issue. It would be the same for any organization who wanted to do the same thing. Stop trying to make this into disrespect for veterans. It's not.
So many of these posts are long on emotion and short on facts but that's what you get when the facts don't support an arguement.
Save it retard, Your next to a stripclub and a section 8 hotel full of sex offenders. You are so ridiculous with this "what's right for the development of the city of utica" when Taylor & Kook is a bunch of druggies and dealers and nobody is coming to do any business with you losers there.

So far, you still can't see how bad you fcked up and hold up ridiculous "there's too many NFPs!!!" retard excuses. We see who's "facts don't support the argument".

And pretty soon coffeeman's business won't be able to support his electric bill forget his bigot email internet.
hank

Utica, NY

#34 May 9, 2013
Well said, so correct.
Truth

Utica, NY

#35 May 9, 2013
hank wrote:
Truth is Frank Elias
I'm not sure why you think this. It is most certainly not true.
Why do you think that?
BAG Sq says it all

United States

#36 May 9, 2013
Check back here for the Facebook Protest page to link to all Franks sponsors and supporters. There's more veteran's organizations that utica rebranded coffee roasters any day!
Vet

Raleigh, NC

#37 May 9, 2013
I am a vet had cooffee at Utica roasting company , was good , will be my last, along with 50 plus others in my group, of course we are not high enough class for elias or the tailor and cook
Non vets

Utica, NY

#38 May 9, 2013
Will FOV feed non veteran hungry families? Sometimes the Utica Food Bank is low on items I need.
Grateful for veterans

Whittier, CA

#39 May 9, 2013
The thing Frank Elias doesn't seem to get is that it SHOULD be about the vets. He's treating this like any other charity, and it deserves special consideration because it serves our veterans. If it weren't for the men and women who served and sacrificed for Frank's freedom, he wouldn't have a business, and he wouldn't have the free speech to act like a horse's ass. He just doesn't get it. The gratitude that he should be expressing towards our veterans just isn't there.

The other blind spot Frank seems to have is not seeing that he handled this whole situation very badly, and he's had ample opportunity to come out and admit that, but he's too proud and arrogant to do so. If he had called Rich Synek and talked to him about his concerns initially, Rich has said he would've considered looking elsewhere. But Frank started this whole thing by sending out a rant mass email to the media and other businesses. It was insensitive and ham handed. He could have taken the wind out of this whole controversy by admitting that email was a bad way to start a dialogue about his concerns.
Seriously

Syracuse, NY

#40 May 9, 2013
Someone suggested housing the sex offenders (that North Utica doesn't want) in that building. Sounds like a great idea to me!
Observer

Utica, NY

#41 May 9, 2013
Well , great job Utica. Blow smoke up business people azzes about this Master Plan crap. How these districts around the city our going to be prospering with cute little business with cute little store fronts. Everything is going to be great. Well now look. Everything is a big mess. Great Job Utica!
the thinker

Utica, NY

#42 May 9, 2013
When the city pays big bucks for a study and a master plan, then lures new business with the promise (promise being the operative word)of this extending to the entire "gateway" to the city, you don't encourage a food pantry - be it for Veterans or any other group. The location alone wasn't convenient for the population it is looking to serve. AND, in his first interview he also mentioned putting a museum on the third floor. A museum? Really? Just because people keep repeating that so-and-so is trashing veterans it just becomes what is repeated.You can trash the 2 businesses who spoke out if that makes you feel any better, but sometimes the truth is just the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proctor graduation 34 min TRUTH 2
top HS basketball players in area 1 hr uticajock 1
attn HOW MANY AFRICAN COMPUTERS DO YOU OWN 1 hr CELERON ZERO 6
happy days CHIMPCOGO 300TH HOMICIDE THIS YEAR B... 1 hr 300 PRIDE 5
You Ever Think They Had Segregation For a Reason? 1 hr MORE PRIDE 7
New York Taxes Highest in US - AGAIN! 1 hr ROG SHAT BROKE 2
Utica Club Sign (Mar '14) 1 hr What did we pay 16
irish center enough is enough 2 hr Grant Scam Economy 58
rob esche getting divorced 3 hr HI FATAZZ HANNA 10
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 4 hr Down Low Rob Queen 49
Babes North Utica What Is Up With The Owner?? D... 8 hr busby 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages