If pizza was poverty food then what's...

If pizza was poverty food then what's "Tomoato Pie"?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Utica is a toilet

Bergenfield, NJ

#1 Aug 17, 2014
Pizza was originally considered a food for poor Italians because they couldn't afford a whole meal.

Then what's that make Tomato pie? Super-poverty food?
Trenton

Clifton Park, NY

#2 Aug 17, 2014
Utica is a toilet wrote:
Pizza was originally considered a food for poor Italians because they couldn't afford a whole meal.
Did you know that tomato pie was invented in New Jersey?
DONTFORGETRIGGIE S

Largo, FL

#3 Aug 17, 2014
Utica is a toilet wrote:
http://www.white-trash-cooking.com/recipes/ch...
Renamed

Clifton Park, NY

#4 Aug 17, 2014
DONTFORGETRIGGIES wrote:
Oh you mean renamed chicken rigatoni?
UPD racists alive N well

Bergenfield, NJ

#5 Aug 17, 2014
Lol!

Sorry about the typo above!
Typo

Clifton Park, NY

#6 Aug 17, 2014
UPD racists alive N well wrote:
Lol!
Sorry about the typo above!
It's easy to get confused. I couldn't imagine walking into an Italian restaurant out of that region and asking for riggies. Lol! They would probably bring me a diaper and a binky it sounds so stupid.
aszwipe riggie

Whitesboro, NY

#7 Aug 17, 2014
Utica is a toilet wrote:
Nobody is forcing you to eat it you aszwipe.
Baby Talk

Clifton Park, NY

#8 Aug 17, 2014
Typo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to get confused. I couldn't imagine walking into an Italian restaurant out of that region and asking for riggies. Lol! They would probably bring me a diaper and a binky it sounds so stupid.
It's dumbed down baby talk.
aszwipe riggie

Whitesboro, NY

#9 Aug 17, 2014
Baby Talk wrote:
<quoted text>
It's dumbed down baby talk.
Like your favorite food The Whopper you touchole?
Baby Talk

Clifton Park, NY

#10 Aug 17, 2014
aszwipe riggie wrote:
<quoted text>Like your favorite food The Whopper you touchole?
Yes like the whopper. It's dumbed down baby talk but where it's different than riggies is it's actually a trademarked marketing term used by a worldwide franchise to sell a product. The term riggies comes from too many fat lazy ignorant uticans who can't pronounce the word rigatoni.
fyi

Medford, MA

#11 Aug 17, 2014
Typo wrote:
<quoted text>It's easy to get confused. I couldn't imagine walking into an Italian restaurant out of that region and asking for riggies. Lol! They would probably bring me a diaper and a binky it sounds so stupid.
If you ordered your chicken rigatoni outside of the region you would get rigatoni chicken and marinara. You would not get chicken. You would not get a creamy pink sauce with mushroom olive cherry peppers.
Baby Talk

Clifton Park, NY

#12 Aug 17, 2014
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ordered your chicken rigatoni outside of the region you would get rigatoni chicken and marinara. You would not get chicken. You would not get a creamy pink sauce with mushroom olive cherry peppers.
Like this from a franchise?

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2423433-Spic...
Ray Seakens Ghost

Clifton Park, NY

#13 Aug 18, 2014
DONTFORGETRIGGIES wrote:
I've been looking for that recipe everywhere. Thanks.
fyi

Springfield, MA

#14 Aug 18, 2014
Baby Talk wrote:
<quoted text>Like this from a franchise?

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2423433-Spic...
What franchise. And when it say you can substitute bertoli Parma rosa sauce then you know it not a restaurant recipe.
need a friend

Evanston, IL

#15 Aug 18, 2014
Lobster used to be food for slaves because anyone with money wouldn't eat it. I love all the uneducated losers who troll topix because they think their community college degree and 38k paychecks make them superior. Lol keep the entertainment coming :)
Did You Even Read It

Clifton Park, NY

#16 Aug 18, 2014
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
What franchise. And when it say you can substitute bertoli Parma rosa sauce then you know it not a restaurant recipe.
http://www.bucadibeppo.com/restaurants/

I guess you don't like reading.
Real Reason

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Aug 18, 2014
need a friend wrote:
Lobster used to be food for slaves because anyone with money wouldn't eat it. I love all the uneducated losers who troll topix because they think their community college degree and 38k paychecks make them superior. Lol keep the entertainment coming :)
The real reason was because of the abundance of them. Had nothing to do with money. Simple supply and demand.
need a friend

Evanston, IL

#18 Aug 18, 2014
Real Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The real reason was because of the abundance of them. Had nothing to do with money. Simple supply and demand.
you failed economics. There was no demand at the time had nothing to do with supply just perception of the food item.
Numbers

Clifton Park, NY

#19 Aug 18, 2014
need a friend wrote:
<quoted text> you failed economics. There was no demand at the time had nothing to do with supply just perception of the food item.
Oh really?

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/11/05/lobster-w...

How's the poverty in Evanston this evening? Let me know when you finish reading your first economics book.
LOL

Clifton Park, NY

#21 Aug 18, 2014
YEPPER wrote:
<quoted text>Hilarious, this welfare clown can't even understand a mouse, but finds a website and thinks it's proof. What's really funny is how everything was plentiful like Mussels, escargot.
Ask the clown what the crime dump paint chip packed criminals are famous for. ROLOL
Notice there is not one spec of evidence from the 17th or 18th century is posted to back up the pathetic fake site.
Here are some other facts from the can't afford a server website.
Why You Should Wipe Yourself With A Goose’s Neck.
The Difference Between A Real Smile And A Fake One
Some People Actually Want To Become Amputees
I guess these guys are wrong as well? Lol!

You truly are an idiot.

"Lobster began to shed some of its negative reputation and gain a following among discriminating diners, particularly in Boston and New York City, during the 1880s. Prices immediately began to rise".

http://www.history.com/news/a-taste-of-lobste...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega gf 15 min Cliff 26
Utica Common Council 25 min You Better Not 1
Oneida County Building Gardens 1 hr Greendumb 1
daca 1 hr DreamOn 21
The Fitness Mill 1 hr Bend Over 26
coward PUNK VERTUCCI PASALINA IMAGINARY LAWSU... 2 hr Vagtucci 68
see MARIO PASS VERTUCCI CRY ALL DAY WITH HER FA... 2 hr Vagtucci 14
Tyksinski Defeated 2 hr Vagalinavertuccpass 55
Observer dispatch front page gossip 8 hr Ivania and Melanka 24
Slocum Urgent Care 10 hr your mother 36