Posted in the Utica Forum

Funny face

Little Falls, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Costs

New Hartford, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Funny face wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/latestn ews/x1551253330/Willovale-Fire -Company-installs-officers
Does anyone know why Chadwicks taxes are 4 x's more than any other town in the area? They have a lot of fire trucks for such a small area they need to cover.
tax payer

Waterville, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
I have recently found out that my fire tax is significantly higher because I live in their fire district. I am outraged. Why am I paying such a high tax compared to the rest of new Hartford? What is my money going towards? If the fire department has to call new Hartford fire all the time why doesn't the town shut them down and have new Hartford cover their area? It would save us tax payers a lot of money!
Got a Stiffie

Manlius, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
If you got to ride in the fire truck with the lights twirling and the siren blaring like we do, you'd know it is definitely worth the cost. Sometimes I get such a bone, I can't gather up enough skin to blink ! Well worth the money and all volunteer.
New hottford

Newington, CT

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Oooooohbi so love firemen and guys from Chadwick's
Jolly Vollies

Ithaca, NY

#6 Feb 22, 2013
I guess what these drunken rednecks lack in intelligence and training they make up for in shiny equipment.
Got a Stiffie

Manlius, NY

#7 Feb 23, 2013
New hottford wrote:
Oooooohbi so love firemen and guys from Chadwick's
Great News ! The Chief says that I can take you for a ride in the Ladder Truck if I beat on a few doors and gather up some donations along the way. How 'bout I show you how to properly hold the nozzle in what's referred to as a " reach around " (fireman lingo) while I squirt all over the place ?
Funny gods

Little Falls, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2013
Got a Stiffie wrote:
<quoted text>
Great News ! The Chief says that I can take you for a ride in the Ladder Truck if I beat on a few doors and gather up some donations along the way. How 'bout I show you how to properly hold the nozzle in what's referred to as a " reach around " (fireman lingo) while I squirt all over the place ?
Willowvale has no ladder to take you for a ride in. Maybe they can have you take a ride in a ladder when they call mutual aid in.
Andy

Little Falls, NY

#9 Feb 23, 2013
tax payer wrote:
I have recently found out that my fire tax is significantly higher because I live in their fire district. I am outraged. Why am I paying such a high tax compared to the rest of new Hartford? What is my money going towards? If the fire department has to call new Hartford fire all the time why doesn't the town shut them down and have new Hartford cover their area? It would save us tax payers a lot of money!
What does the nh village think about all there equip bailing out Willowvale on a regular basis? Why doesn't the town board step up and do there jobs and look into why this is going on? This is just insane.
Batty joe

Little Falls, NY

#10 Feb 24, 2013
This topic is of interest. I wonder what all the people on say Mohawk street think with all those mansions who are paying three times more for fire protection than there neighbors in say Pipinwood?
Stop Whining

Carthage, NY

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Batty joe wrote:
This topic is of interest. I wonder what all the people on say Mohawk street think with all those mansions who are paying three times more for fire protection than there neighbors in say Pipinwood?
Those "mansions" aren't in Willovvale's district. Further more New Hartford does not always mutual aid to Willowvale whom are more that capable of holding their own. When we do mutual aid it is generally due to a lack of manpower because the residence of the community spend more time b****ing and moaning on topix than doing something good and volunteering. Their is also nothing wrong with mutual aid seeing as it works both ways and is vital to any volunteer service. Also New Hartford's taxes are so much lower because their district is so much bigger. Want lower taxes ask for Willowvale to have more turf and to base the lines on where the closet station is instead of political BS.
Stop Whining

Carthage, NY

#12 Apr 16, 2013
tax payer wrote:
The equipment to company has is vital to its operations. The taxes are based on the size or quantity of the equipment but rather the size of the district.
Peter Pekkersnot

Manlius, NY

#13 Apr 16, 2013
Stop Whining wrote:
<quoted text>
The equipment to company has is vital to its operations. The taxes are based on the size or quantity of the equipment but rather the size of the district.
So then....you finally admit that SIZE does matter ?
Jec

Schenectady, NY

#14 May 1, 2016
Jolly Vollies wrote:
I guess what these drunken rednecks lack in intelligence and training they make up for in shiny equipment.
Way to support your own. Come spend an hour with us tough guy show us what your made of.
fools

New Hartford, NY

#15 May 2, 2016
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>

What does the nh village think about all there equip bailing out Willowvale on a regular basis? Why doesn't the town board step up and do there jobs and look into why this is going on? This is just insane.
Maybe someone should look into why the Willowvale fireman- who are not the busiest dept in the town, have the highest paying retirement system as well? Their volunteers make twice as much as the village volunteers next door. This is another reason why Chadwicks taxes are so high. They are close to 3 times the amount. This has been allowed to go on too long. WTF is Tyksinski doing in the position if hes not looking at this ridiculous nonsense.
thirdnameivetrie d

Albany, NY

#16 May 6, 2016
Jec wrote:
<quoted text>Way to support your own. Come spend an hour with us tough guy show us what your made of.
Waste of time trying to talk sense into fools. It is the same all over. As a volly of over 27 years it never ends. They call begging for help when their lives spin out of their control, they expect us to step up and give more, they don't have any respect for the dangers faced, yet they piss and moan when it's time to pay the piper. This retirement incentive is a bone of contention everywhere. Loud mouth losers can't stand that we get any incentives to continue to perform for NO COMPENSATION! I have served as a fireman on the fire-line all the way to chief; as an emt and paramedic and it's all the same everywhere. Don't spend money you are only volunteer. You don't need new gear you only have a few fires. Give up your car loudmouth. It's only a few miles walking. We do our jobs mostly out of passion and a great desire to make a difference. What harm is it that we enjoy doing it. Don't invite these losers to help. They won't. They will likely be the bad apple that spoils the bushel. Don't argue with them. It won't get anywhere. Just keep doing what you know you were called to do. Be safe and keep smiling. Don't let the idiots get you down. Just smile at them as you look down at them as they beg for help from the flat of their backs or when their house is burning or a loved one is hurt or dying and know that they need you far more than you will ever need any one of them.
crazy

Utica, NY

#17 May 6, 2016
thirdnameivetried wrote:
<quoted text>
Waste of time trying to talk sense into fools. It is the same all over. As a volly of over 27 years it never ends. They call begging for help when their lives spin out of their control, they expect us to step up and give more, they don't have any respect for the dangers faced, yet they piss and moan when it's time to pay the piper. This retirement incentive is a bone of contention everywhere. Loud mouth losers can't stand that we get any incentives to continue to perform for NO COMPENSATION! I have served as a fireman on the fire-line all the way to chief; as an emt and paramedic and it's all the same everywhere. Don't spend money you are only volunteer. You don't need new gear you only have a few fires. Give up your car loudmouth. It's only a few miles walking. We do our jobs mostly out of passion and a great desire to make a difference. What harm is it that we enjoy doing it. Don't invite these losers to help. They won't. They will likely be the bad apple that spoils the bushel. Don't argue with them. It won't get anywhere. Just keep doing what you know you were called to do. Be safe and keep smiling. Don't let the idiots get you down. Just smile at them as you look down at them as they beg for help from the flat of their backs or when their house is burning or a loved one is hurt or dying and know that they need you far more than you will ever need any one of them.
WOW bitter much?
thirdnameivetrie d

Northfield, OH

#18 May 7, 2016
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>WOW bitter much?
Only on occasion. Unless you've been there you could never know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 3 min Belarus 261
Francis Rotundo 3 min IamaDICK 7
Keeler caller Mario is Cretin 6 min No nano for u 6
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 9 min Thin skin fraud 86
Why Do 90 Percent Of Blacks Live in POVERTY 10 min OBAMA FEED 30
happy days CHIMPCOGO 300TH HOMICIDE THIS YEAR B... 11 min OBAMA FEED 14
African MOTHERBOARD PARTS ZERO ZERO ZERO WORKST... 12 min STILL ZERO 22
Carbone Sold 1 hr nooo 13
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 1 hr Another quality U... 36
Wibx Keeler, the dead beat 2 hr KingTazz fails again 36
Body at Olbiston Apts? 4 hr Balonie 17

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages