Food Stamp cuts affect local families...

Food Stamp cuts affect local families and food pantries

There are 51 comments on the WKTV story from Nov 1, 2013, titled Food Stamp cuts affect local families and food pantries. In it, WKTV reports that:

Oneida County families brace as billions of dollars are cut from food stamps, leaving families on SNAP with less money to use while food shopping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Reasoning

Katy, TX

#42 Nov 5, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Number 1., the USA is not broke.
Number 2., instead of attacking people on public assistance, go after the real programs that bust the budget -- defense and agriculture.
Number 1. The USA is borrowing money from China to stay afloat, we are over 17 TRILLION dollars in debt...and we just keep borrowing and keep spending. Welfare is costing us BILLIONS of dollars a month, handing money to people for absolutely nothing, simply because they exist.

Number 2. WE think the Welfare parasites that are burdening our society with generations of takers who do not balance what they take with a fair personal contribution to our society are very much to blame for a good portion of this country's debt.

YOU say they should be making cuts to defense, the military that puts their very lives at risk to keep our country free. Without defense this country would not exist.

YOU say they should cut agriculture, the farmers who grow our food and keep this country alive. Without agriculture this country would not exist.

WE say they should cut Welfare, the parasites who do not contribute to society but instead, produce generations of leeches that burden our society and have caused a great deal of the debt this country faces that will burden many future generations. Without the Welfare parasites, this country would have less debt, less crime and higher productivity.

Considering this country's debt; the cuts should be made in the areas where there is no BENEFIT to society to justify the spending of precious tax dollars in on that program. That would be ALL the Welfare programs.
Joe

United States

#43 Nov 5, 2013
Reasoning wrote:
<quoted text>Number 1. The USA is borrowing money from China to stay afloat, we are over 17 TRILLION dollars in debt...and we just keep borrowing and keep spending. Welfare is costing us BILLIONS of dollars a month, handing money to people for absolutely nothing, simply because they exist.

Number 2. WE think the Welfare parasites that are burdening our society with generations of takers who do not balance what they take with a fair personal contribution to our society are very much to blame for a good portion of this country's debt.

YOU say they should be making cuts to defense, the military that puts their very lives at risk to keep our country free. Without defense this country would not exist.

YOU say they should cut agriculture, the farmers who grow our food and keep this country alive. Without agriculture this country would not exist.

WE say they should cut Welfare, the parasites who do not contribute to society but instead, produce generations of leeches that burden our society and have caused a great deal of the debt this country faces that will burden many future generations. Without the Welfare parasites, this country would have less debt, less crime and higher productivity.

Considering this country's debt; the cuts should be made in the areas where there is no BENEFIT to society to justify the spending of precious tax dollars in on that program. That would be ALL the Welfare programs.
I can already tell talking to you is like talking to a wall. You actually believe all the garbage spoonfed to you from Fox and Limbaugh.
Coalminersdaught er

United States

#44 Nov 5, 2013
Undoubtedly a few of you do understand what i was trying to say, that not all people who have to ask for help are moochers. But another point I was trying to make was the fact that because of the milkers of the system and the " I don't give a damn about the poor" attitudes of the higher ups in this government is dropping the ax on all instead of the guilty ones. Do you think the poor Mother can explain this to her hungry child in a away that will help the child not be hungry? This child will still be going to bed hungry, no matter what. The thing that amazes me is that the brass can spend money in any way they choose and are never ask to account for it!
End

Little Falls, NY

#45 Nov 5, 2013
Won't be so long now they all gonna lose welfare, watch this space the fan is gonna be hit hard.
End

Little Falls, NY

#46 Nov 5, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I can already tell talking to you is like talking to a wall. You actually believe all the garbage spoonfed to you from Fox and Limbaugh.
Ahem....if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare......who is the spoon fed dummy now? Sure you believe all the spoon fed liberal lies....just like the folks in Detroit did.
johnnydad

Sandusky, OH

#47 Nov 5, 2013
whiley wrote:
36.00 dollars on average they're going to loose. omg get a job, maybe they'll have to give up a few bags of chips!
PLEASE, why not CUT corporate Welfare, like the U.A.W. that got money from G.M. that got the money from Government hand out,'er TAX Payer to pay the Retirees.

How about lets CUT the Welfare to Israel, gee there ggetting a FREE ride, with 100% Free medical health care paid for by the American Tax payer?

“Believer of Common Sense”

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Middle of Nowhere

#48 Nov 5, 2013
More Questions wrote:
For those concerned about less food stamp money ask yourself these questions: Am I living in a place I can afford? Is there something that costs less or could I get a roommate? Do I need to go out to eat as much? Maybe I can go to Mickey D's as a special treat instead of weekly. Can I follow a budget and set aside money for birthday and Christmas presents? Does my child need more than one thoughtful Christmas present? Or $100 sneakers? Do I need that hot new pair of hooker boots? Do I get my nails done? What 's more important, vegetables or potato chips? Do I spend money on cigarettes and pot? Is there beer in my fridge? Do I need coffee at Dunkin Donuts on the way to work? Maybe I can skip a vacation? Fact is the people who 'need' assistance nowadays do not really need it. The take it because they can. And all you young kids having babies and signing up for WIC? You're just as bad.
Right on! I couldn't have said it better myself.
just saying

Carthage, NY

#49 Nov 6, 2013
breakfast and lunch are free for the utica kids and if you qualify alot other schools offer the same if u get foods stamps anyhow...sign up for the free baskets and gifts at the holidays...there are many organizations so double dipping is encouraged..."shop" at your local food pantry...moms and dads line up at the hope house for the free food i see the same people standing out waiting for the doors to open smoking the cigarettes, drinking their pepsi..and then tossing the trash behind the bushes, all while waiting at the traffic light on my way to work!! lets remember the school backpacks that we donated for this same group of people...heap checks to help out with the bills...the obama free phone..the list can go on and on..alot of the assistance is a wonderful helping hand and many use it but dont abuse it..the ones that continually EXPECT and DEMAND while the working people struggle to make ends meet and figure out how to cut corners without getting a helping hand,and then are made to feel that we are a uncaring group heartless so to speak..not true but if im going without so can you
More Questions

Morris, NY

#50 Nov 6, 2013
Glad to see all the arrests made as part of Operation Tax Burden. Keep it up and get their names out there!
Anonymous

Chesapeake, OH

#51 Nov 6, 2013
It's not an Obama phone. That program was started by Reagan. They are both jack asses.

Level 3

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#52 Nov 9, 2013
just saying wrote:
breakfast and lunch are free for the utica kids and if you qualify alot other schools offer the same if u get foods stamps anyhow...sign up for the free baskets and gifts at the holidays...there are many organizations so double dipping is encouraged..."shop" at your local food pantry...moms and dads line up at the hope house for the free food i see the same people standing out waiting for the doors to open smoking the cigarettes, drinking their pepsi..and then tossing the trash behind the bushes, all while waiting at the traffic light on my way to work!! lets remember the school backpacks that we donated for this same group of people...heap checks to help out with the bills...the obama free phone..the list can go on and on..alot of the assistance is a wonderful helping hand and many use it but dont abuse it..the ones that continually EXPECT and DEMAND while the working people struggle to make ends meet and figure out how to cut corners without getting a helping hand,and then are made to feel that we are a uncaring group heartless so to speak..not true but if im going without so can you
No, "double dipping" is NOT encouraged. It's greedy leeches like yourself that make things more difficult for others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL. 6 min RankSeemann 36
Name all the midgets in UTICA 8 min He a dwarf 7
New hartford is the new east utica 9 min StinkyJim 116
Katrina Smith is pregnant AGAIN 33 min Bellanot 3
Claudia to senior citizens: Thanks for the vote... 35 min FA-Q 11
Venice Pizza 1 hr It Is 7
Where is NANO?? 1 hr Bubba 16
Two Utica cops beat up 15 year kid on Albany st... 2 hr Lindseys fat CORPSE 17
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 4 hr Lindseys fat CORPSE 924
c h e a t 7 hr Yummy 21

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages