Food Stamp cuts affect local families...

Food Stamp cuts affect local families and food pantries

There are 51 comments on the WKTV story from Nov 1, 2013, titled Food Stamp cuts affect local families and food pantries. In it, WKTV reports that:

Oneida County families brace as billions of dollars are cut from food stamps, leaving families on SNAP with less money to use while food shopping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whiley

Carthage, NY

#1 Nov 2, 2013
36.00 dollars on average they're going to loose. omg get a job, maybe they'll have to give up a few bags of chips!
Question

Morris, NY

#2 Nov 2, 2013
Read the article, it didn't mention if Mizo WORKED? Sad that it is not even a consideration now to take a class or two when you can afford it. Nope we the taxpayers will cover it. Or how about having a friend watch your child while you go to a part-time job. Don't even get me started on the commerials talking about our poor starving kids here in the US. I bet many of their parents have the money to buy cigarettes and booze. Two important things have dissapeared; pride and ability to parent.
Just Saying

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Nov 2, 2013
Obama giveth and Obama taketh away.

Elections do have consequences.
half price food stamps

Utica, NY

#4 Nov 2, 2013
No problem. I still get plenty of half price food stamps from those who sell them anyway.
Jgrande

New Hartford, NY

#5 Nov 2, 2013
Get a job maybe then you can stop sucking off the working class
lifelong taxpayer

Syracuse, NY

#6 Nov 2, 2013
Question wrote:
Read the article, it didn't mention if Mizo WORKED? Sad that it is not even a consideration now to take a class or two when you can afford it. Nope we the taxpayers will cover it. Or how about having a friend watch your child while you go to a part-time job. Don't even get me started on the commerials talking about our poor starving kids here in the US. I bet many of their parents have the money to buy cigarettes and booze. Two important things have dissapeared; pride and ability to parent.
this is true, somehow they can always afford cigarettes at 9.00 per pack and beer,and they wont consider giving these things up, they just expect more and more, well its too bad isnt it?
another idiot heard from

Syracuse, NY

#7 Nov 2, 2013
half price food stamps wrote:
No problem. I still get plenty of half price food stamps from those who sell them anyway.
You are just another toilet! and your comment shows just how stupid you really are! and I mean stupid
yet another idiot

Watertown, NY

#8 Nov 2, 2013
another idiot heard from wrote:
<quoted text>You are just another toilet! and your comment shows just how stupid you really are! and I mean stupid
You are just another toilet! and your comment shows just how stupid you really are! and I mean stupid
fact

Oneida, NY

#9 Nov 2, 2013
This was only supposed to be a temporary increase in food stamps, not permanent, be grateful at least, nothing is being taken away.
Julz

Lawrence, MA

#10 Nov 2, 2013
I guess the food stamp, section 8 and welfare peeps better sell their gold, their michael kors and coach items. The ones who complain the most are always the ones who are stealing and don't really need it. Then the people who really need the assistance suffer.
More Questions

Morris, NY

#11 Nov 2, 2013
For those concerned about less food stamp money ask yourself these questions: Am I living in a place I can afford? Is there something that costs less or could I get a roommate? Do I need to go out to eat as much? Maybe I can go to Mickey D's as a special treat instead of weekly. Can I follow a budget and set aside money for birthday and Christmas presents? Does my child need more than one thoughtful Christmas present? Or $100 sneakers? Do I need that hot new pair of hooker boots? Do I get my nails done? What 's more important, vegetables or potato chips? Do I spend money on cigarettes and pot? Is there beer in my fridge? Do I need coffee at Dunkin Donuts on the way to work? Maybe I can skip a vacation? Fact is the people who 'need' assistance nowadays do not really need it. The take it because they can. And all you young kids having babies and signing up for WIC? You're just as bad.
half price food stamps

Utica, NY

#12 Nov 2, 2013
another idiot heard from wrote:
<quoted text>You are just another toilet! and your comment shows just how stupid you really are! and I mean stupid
OK, who is the real stupid one? I pay half price for my food and you pay the full shot. Most people on food stamps have brand new cell phones, big screen t.v.'s and better vehicles than me and you drive. By the way did I mention that 9 out of ten food stamp receivers are over weight and there kids all get fed for free by the school district. What a county and state we live in?
tony

Berlin, CT

#13 Nov 2, 2013
please not my food stamps, need my cash for beer , cigs, pot, this is soo unfair ,
Cheaper To Eat Out

Sherburne, NY

#14 Nov 2, 2013
A Mc Double costs 99 cents. So it's cheaper to eat out!
steven O

Herkimer, NY

#15 Nov 2, 2013
$36 less each month??? How's I gunnas makes my Arrons and rentacenter payments now? Wells maybes I cans rebuys my furnitues whens I gets mys tax returns that I pays nothings intos alls year! I love all these liberals giving us everything for free!!! WEEEEE.
JFK

Coatesville, PA

#16 Nov 2, 2013
It's called, "get a job!". Stop having babies you can't afford
Joe

United States

#17 Nov 3, 2013
JFK wrote:
It's called, "get a job!". Stop having babies you can't afford
But the problem is many jobs don't pay a living wage. Because of that, millions of Americans need some type of public assistance to get by. Cutting $36 from monthly food stamps will hurt.
Truth

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 3, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
But the problem is many jobs don't pay a living wage. Because of that, millions of Americans need some type of public assistance to get by. Cutting $36 from monthly food stamps will hurt.
"Living wage" is a made up term. Made up by liberals who want everyone to hate business because they are evil. Ask yourself where we would be without business though.

Businesses don't exist to create jobs or to pay a so-called "living wage". They exist to make a profit for their owners.

The compensation for a job equals exactly the least amount the most qualified candidate will take to do the job.

Stop with this "living wage" nonsense, educate yourself, improve your skillset and make yourself more valuable. You are entitled to the pursuit of happiness, not happiness delivered to your front door. I was going to say delivered to your mailbox but recipients don't even have to walk to the mailbox anymore in this age of atm cards and direct deposits right?
Joe

United States

#19 Nov 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>"Living wage" is a made up term. Made up by liberals who want everyone to hate business because they are evil. Ask yourself where we would be without business though.

Businesses don't exist to create jobs or to pay a so-called "living wage". They exist to make a profit for their owners.

The compensation for a job equals exactly the least amount the most qualified candidate will take to do the job.

Stop with this "living wage" nonsense, educate yourself, improve your skillset and make yourself more valuable. You are entitled to the pursuit of happiness, not happiness delivered to your front door. I was going to say delivered to your mailbox but recipients don't even have to walk to the mailbox anymore in this age of atm cards and direct deposits right?
Workers and the community are also stakeholders in any business and therefore deserve justice. A business could not survive without workers, public schools and state-built infrastructure. It's a community effort and the community deserves a living wage.
Coalminersdaught er

United States

#20 Nov 3, 2013
How about all those who are dissing people on Food Stamps taking a few minutes and use your brain and not your mouth for a little while. Not everyone who are on them are the lazy worthless bums you all are tagging them as! Several years ago when my three children were small I had to go on them for almost two years, my husband was hit by a drunk driver and hurt badly, before this he and i both worked everyday , but with him disabled it was left to me alone to pay all our bills and continue to provide for the five of us until he was able to return to work. If it had not been for the stamps coming every month we would have starved, every penny was going for bills and gas to get me back to work. So as you try to throw a blanket over everyone who receives them try to have the knowledge to know that not everyone who receives them is milking the system. And weather they are or not there are still those who depend on them to eat and feed their family. Why is it that when it comes to helping and providing for anyone other than Americans this country is more than ready to dish it out , but when it's own needs help they are a bunch of mooches and to lazy to do for them selves??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Auto Dimensions whiney bitch 6 min Mom 7
Trump to burn cross on WH lawn 50 min Dave 1
Not All Nazis Are Bad 51 min History 6
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 1 hr twostickmack 22
Council women samantha colossimo testa 1 hr FED UP 3
Get mugged at Saranac Thursday 1 hr Excedrin 25
Keeler does it again! 1 hr Trump 47
Stay Away from these Contractors 2 hr hmm 19
Shankman 4 hr yes 8
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 22 hr Oh Well 439