Why do cops expect free food

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
I dont get it

New York, NY

#1 Jul 17, 2009
I was just talking to a guy who said that his son went to Dunkin Donuts yesterday and it was lucky that he had money on him when he was there. I asked what he meant by that - that I always have money whenever I go to buy something - and he said that his son shouldn't have to pay since he is a state trooper. Then he said that his son wasn't even in uniform at the time - which made even less sense.
I mean, why is it that cops are given free food at all? Don't they make enough money to pay for it? I just don't understand it at all.
Whit

Manlius, NY

#2 Jul 17, 2009
amen to that!
Steve Hauck

Fayetteville, NY

#3 Jul 17, 2009
I dont get it wrote:
I was just talking to a guy who said that his son went to Dunkin Donuts yesterday and it was lucky that he had money on him when he was there. I asked what he meant by that - that I always have money whenever I go to buy something - and he said that his son shouldn't have to pay since he is a state trooper. Then he said that his son wasn't even in uniform at the time - which made even less sense.
I mean, why is it that cops are given free food at all? Don't they make enough money to pay for it? I just don't understand it at all.
Cops think they can do whatever they want - get used to it.
Way back

Fayetteville, NY

#4 Jul 17, 2009
When I was in High school I worked at a McDonalds & we were told to give all cops free Coffee & drinks as a courtesy for service they perform.
against the law

Canastota, NY

#5 Jul 17, 2009
its against the law to give police free food and its against the law for the officer to take it the reason the person gives it to him is prob because of the manager tells them to so when they are speeding in there car driveing drunk or doing something wrong the officer lets them go. someday someone will get killed and that will be another story.
Chief Dan

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Jul 17, 2009
Personally, I've never taken or eaten free food. Buuuuuurrrrrp!
Maybe

Fayetteville, NY

#7 Jul 17, 2009
against the law wrote:
its against the law to give police free food and its against the law for the officer to take it the reason the person gives it to him is prob because of the manager tells them to so when they are speeding in there car driveing drunk or doing something wrong the officer lets them go. someday someone will get killed and that will be another story.
Cops are liars!

Way back

Fayetteville, NY

#8 Jul 17, 2009
against the law wrote:
Jesus on a stick...all that because of a free cup of coffee?
Sniffles LaBelly

Syracuse, NY

#9 Jul 17, 2009
I just show them a Doctors note that says I am too sick to pay today. and that I'll come back and pay them when I am well.
lie

Canastota, NY

#10 Jul 17, 2009
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops are liars!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z2GQYiLH6dYXX
the video is a fake look good the police lights stop moveing about two in a half min into the video
Just Me

Concord, CA

#12 Jul 17, 2009
against the law wrote:
Against the law....you are crazzzzy. Dont state things you have no clue about.
CapDis

United States

#13 Jul 17, 2009
I work in downtown Albany. Every morning, cops walk in to Dunkin Donuts, go behind the counter, fix their own coffee and take a donut (usually biting into it while they're still back there) like they OWN the fkng place. All while paying customers wait in line. I want to shove my fist down one of their throats.
ETP

Corning, NY

#14 Jul 17, 2009
when they save your life someday.... maybe not yours but they do save lives everyday... you can buy them a dozen or maybe take the beating Chuck Kelley took. That's got to be worth a donut to protect you. There are animals out there. And the cops are standing between them and us. you have no clue, but you should.
CapDis

United States

#15 Jul 17, 2009
ETP wrote:
...And the cops are standing between them and us. you have no clue, but you should.
Uh.... no. They're standing in the Dunkin Donuts, getting in the way and making everyone hate them. So STFU.
gluttons

New York, NY

#16 Jul 17, 2009
I know a cop who brags about getting free stuff like cigs, food, coffee. And ever notice how whenever they go somewhere, they seem to think that they don't have to stand in line and wait their turn like the rest of us??

Since: Jun 09

Syracuse, NY

#17 Jul 17, 2009
Steve Hauck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops think they can do whatever they want - get used to it.
its the typical bully with a badge mentality. they collect a paycheck like everyone else, and they can pay up like everyone else. There are plenty of professions who work just as hard, if not harder, that still pay their fair share. Nurses put up with much more shit than cops do, you don't see them looking for free perks, do you?

Since: Jun 09

Syracuse, NY

#18 Jul 17, 2009
against the law wrote:
its against the law to give police free food and its against the law for the officer to take it.
It actually is against the law.
ETP

Corning, NY

#19 Jul 17, 2009
I'm not a cop. Not related to any cops. The last 4 people to post. Did you ever go to work and have somebody point a gun at you? Jesus Christ. Everybody complains about the crack heads, etc. who the h#ll is keeping this scum from door step. Can you imagine NO police force? Come on people... who would you call first when someone is breaking into your house. I don't give a sh*t how many donusts they get for free. I'm glad that are there and your not, cause you couldnt do it.
gluttons

New York, NY

#20 Jul 17, 2009
Hey ETP - yes - I would call the UPD if I had an emergency.... BUT I do not think that just because of their profession, they should get extra perks. They already make a ton of money - they don't deserve special privelages and free stuff as well.
its there job

Canastota, NY

#21 Jul 17, 2009
ETP wrote:
when they save your life someday.... maybe not yours but they do save lives everyday... you can buy them a dozen or maybe take the beating Chuck Kelley took. That's got to be worth a donut to protect you. There are animals out there. And the cops are standing between them and us. you have no clue, but you should.
its there job i wont take free chit give me the job i have respect for myself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fatt hoggs 26 min Wobbly 12
News 19-year-old accused of exposing himself at poli... 27 min Worthless thug 2
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 59 min Janitor Of The LORD 6,150
Looking for a transport driver from st Luke's h... 1 hr NotTonyDave 11
My girls husband finally got it 1 hr DaveDude 4
David Smith 1 hr DaveDoesItBetter 8
Got Val's man 1 hr dirt shoot 4
Michele Gulla ? Sun Big Mouth 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance