Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

I heard somebody say that runners got a "virtual" goodie bag. what is that?

the one I got was "virtually" compared with past years.
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

I meant "virtually" empty compared with past years
WTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

aSKing wrote:
I bet ya you used to wait impatiently for the free battery at Radio Shack as a kid didn't you? Are you seriously crying about a bag of dollar store promotional shit?
Cheapo

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

aSKing wrote:
Yea no turkey sandwich for the first time! wtf cheap bastards!they ended up giving the rest of the bannannas & fruit to the ZOO! lol
Sue Bonnet Sue

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

The race is over, put it away until next year. Tired of hearing about it. Yesterdays OD was a waste of paper no news just stupid boiler race crap. Not everyone is interested in this race. New York Marathon or the Boston Marathon do not carry on like this area does about a race and a bunch of beer drinking drunks.
FullSail

Cazenovia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

I think it's pretty shabby that the runners did not receive something more substantial for the lunch. The volunteers received bagels and all sorts of other things. They were standing around pointing out directions chomping on bagels and cream cheese while we runners had some string cheese and granola. The runners ran and needed more sustenance. I ran and was very surprised. It's not a big deal, but given the runners pay to run and actually exert themselves, it would be nice to get something to replenish our bodies at the close of the race.

As for the virtual goodie bag. It was a joke. A bunch of coupons. Stupid.
Sue Bonnet Sue

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

FullSail wrote:
I think it's pretty shabby that the runners did not receive something more substantial for the lunch. The volunteers received bagels and all sorts of other things. They were standing around pointing out directions chomping on bagels and cream cheese while we runners had some string cheese and granola. The runners ran and needed more sustenance. I ran and was very surprised. It's not a big deal, but given the runners pay to run and actually exert themselves, it would be nice to get something to replenish our bodies at the close of the race.
As for the virtual goodie bag. It was a joke. A bunch of coupons. Stupid.
Maybe you were not the right color. I do not think it is fair for the elite runners get get rewarded with money and the area runners get nothing.White Americans are becoming second class citizens.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Sue Bonnet Sue wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you were not the right color. I do not think it is fair for the elite runners get get rewarded with money and the area runners get nothing.White Americans are becoming second class citizens.
And they have nobody to blame but themselves given their liberal attitudes.
Boilermaker

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

its going down hill and everybody I know is not going to run again next year. they can't even put up the pictures for the race whoever handles public relations they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.it's really too bad. because it did you have a good presence back in the day.
runner

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

I went to the massage tent after the 5k, everyone standing around talking with their heads up their azzez. They said they would not help anyone until the 15k runners came in and then maybe some of the 5k. I use to run the 15k and just got back into running. I pulled my hamstring and decided to try a massage therapist. I fell like a million now and will continue to go.They lost my business. If you want to stand around and bull shit do it somewhere other than the front of the tent. They should be there to help everyone or not at all. The moron lost my business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••