Motels back out, but county still man...

Motels back out, but county still mandated to house the homeless

There are 13 comments on the WKTV story from May 3, 2013, titled Motels back out, but county still mandated to house the homeless. In it, WKTV reports that:

There was public outcry over the temporary placement of the homeless, some of whom are paroled sex offenders, in some north Utica motels.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

Utica taxpaper

Carthage, NY

#1 May 3, 2013
With all the monies the County has - let them buy up one of the thousands of abandoned buildings in Utica and put all the sex offenders in them, along with the homeless.

This is Oneida County's problem = NOT the homeowners that want these type of people living next door to them.

WE ARE THE TAXPAYERS OF UTICA - NOT the sex offenders and homeless - and our voices should be heard.
Hank Brackett

New Hartford, NY

#2 May 3, 2013
Since Piss-ente is so concerned about their privacy in being sex offenders, have them sleep on cots in the hallway on the first floor of the Cty. Off. Bldg. We'll put 2 deputies on around the clock to watch them. If they cause trouble, they'll go to the cty. jail where they will be gang-raped!!! End of problem.
Ticket police

Carthage, NY

#3 May 3, 2013
why is the county making it look like their is no where for them to go super 8 still excepts the vouchers? looks like another scam brewing
Ticket police

Carthage, NY

#4 May 4, 2013
why are people punishing the business owners and the property's of the owners its the county that issues the vouchers
Ticket police

Carthage, NY

#5 May 4, 2013
i smell a lawsuit coming from the business owners number one you cant say to someone you sign this or we wont issue you a permit the person who killed that woman wasn't even staying at the hotel
Chatwood Talbot

Utica, NY

#6 May 4, 2013
Julian is even adding on to his motel!'!!!!
curly

Gouverneur, NY

#7 May 4, 2013
I found a pubic hair on my pillow at Super 8 motel. I hope it wasnt from a sex offender.
Ticket police

Carthage, NY

#8 May 4, 2013
curly wrote:
I found a pubic hair on my pillow at Super 8 motel. I hope it wasnt from a sex offender.
they live there and are prob squirting everywhere
Swing

Newington, CT

#9 May 5, 2013
Other counties are putting up trailers outside the populated areas to house them and i say buy a old farm somewhere and fix it up into a sex offender boarding home and have a private company run it . Problem solved!
Insurance expert

Carthage, NY

#10 May 5, 2013
Ticket police wrote:
why are people punishing the business owners and the property's of the owners its the county that issues the vouchers
It is the owners of these motels that are accepting the vouchers from the Oneida County Welfare Dept. for payment that goes into the owner's pockets!!!!! Just another way these GREEDY Motel owners can make money and have no conscience of who they are taking it from.
Ticket police

Carthage, NY

#11 May 5, 2013
Insurance expert wrote:
<quoted text>It is the owners of these motels that are accepting the vouchers from the Oneida County Welfare Dept. for payment that goes into the owner's pockets!!!!! Just another way these GREEDY Motel owners can make money and have no conscience of who they are taking it from.
its not the businesses fault? its the county's as they said the county never even told them
Ticket police

Carthage, NY

#12 May 5, 2013
Insurance expert wrote:
<quoted text>It is the owners of these motels that are accepting the vouchers from the Oneida County Welfare Dept. for payment that goes into the owner's pockets!!!!! Just another way these GREEDY Motel owners can make money and have no conscience of who they are taking it from.
well to tell you the truth if the home owners had half a brain they would have noticed the property line and the property line is 1500 feet within a park and or school of sunny side and its the county who gives the ok for them to be housed there
Enough

Carthage, NY

#14 May 6, 2013
Utica isn't the only city in Oneida County. Why not put them in the motels in other towns. Herkimer, Frankfort, Rome Oneida, etc... Utica has enough problems without the county dumping their trash here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deportation to africa 6 min Dr Congo 4
help GET NEW TIRE SWINGS AN JUNGLE GYM FOR CORN... 9 min Tyisaha 2
American Has Been Reclaimed 12 min Ali tryrom 2
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 17 min Lloyce 776
Harmony 17 min Gotcha 4
Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Orangutan, Nationalities 20 min Former White Radi... 17
Jason POWLES telling Wessing how to do her job ... 38 min Sam 24
Bella Regina wins best riggies 4 hr Ocean Blue Smell 28
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? 6 hr Tell The Truth 46
Boycott RedBox 14 hr Pathetic Uticans 74