Utica National New Approach
loyalutica

Syracuse, NY

#45 Aug 4, 2010
When I hear people complain about living in the Utica area my response is, "if it's so bad, then leave, but don't subject those of us who chose to live here(and like it) to your whining."

Similarly, when I read negative comments about my long-term employer Utica National I think,"does this person even work there? If not, then what status do they have to say anything? If they do work there and are so unhappy AND so skilled and valuable, why don't they use their energy to get the great job they deserve rather than spend time whining anonymously?"

Many of us have worked other places and have been offered hgher paying jobs elsewhere but have chosen to stay at Utica National because it simply is a very good (not perfect) place to work. The day it becomes a bad place to work is the day I leave.
Maustin

Syracuse, NY

#46 Aug 4, 2010
Mikesays wrote:
Mike Austin write "Thatís not in any way how officerships are determined." And if he said so, it has to be true.
Mike Austin writes "For the record, that isn't done here and actually that is a preposterous thing to say." And if he says so, it has to be true.
Actually Mike, pension benefits are based on how long you work for the company. Its called length of service and when someone hits a combination of age and length of service, their pension benefit increases. UMICO is famous for "eliminating" people or positions beofre those combinations get to a certian point. You want to start naming names? I can come up with a dozen in the past few years. Stop drinking the Kool Aid Mike. You're a good guy and everyone knows Doug has his hand up your ass making your mouth move.
You're welcome to call me or email me with this startling information. I'm sure you would name all kinds of names, that doesn't mean what you say is true whatsoever.
I know how pension benefits are calculated. The pension expense is funded by the company and held separately. The actuaries figure the retirement benefit, and that is what is funded. The company doesn't get money back if someone retires before they hit their retirement date, or before they hit their date where a combination of age and years of service would allow them a reduced penalty for each year they retire early. The retirement benefit doesn't go up once you hit the early date.
You need to let go, you're carrying around a lot of animosity that seems to be preventing you from leading a happy life.
Wondering

Cortland, NY

#47 Aug 5, 2010
Maustin wrote:
<quoted text>
"You request it and pay a fee." These postings get more ridiculous every time I read them. As if anyone would give Topix a dime. I know it's much more interesting for you to think the previous thread was true and not vulgar or slanderous, but in fact it was vulgar and slanderous and untrue. And you don't think much of women where, in your bigoted world view, women can't be promoted based on merit. I'll repeat my offer, if you'd like to call and talk to me or email me for further information, feel free. My last post with my phone number didn't go through -- Topix may screen posts automatically for numbers -- so call Utica National's main number and ask for me.
As for "its the ones that are actually working without any show of appreciation that are writing on here," and our "executives are all salemen (sic) and don't really know much about insurance," I can only say... Huh? The company has a lot of incredible people who have been working hard in one of the most difficult economic periods in decades, and these people are indeed recognized... and if you look at all the people throughout the company with insurance designations and people who take advantage of the higher education opportunities that the company pays for, the word "salemen" doesn't come to mind.
Yes, I do follow Topix and other sites that have posts about Utica National. I don't respond to every ridiculous comment but I will respond to those that are libelous, untrue or just plain wrong. Get your facts right, or if you're short on facts and you'd like actual facts, feel free to call me here at Utica National.
Michael C. Austin
Vice President and Director of Corporate Communications
Utica National Insurance Group
How many other Administrative Assistants have been promoted to corporate officerships at Utica National?
Blaaah

Carthage, NY

#48 Aug 5, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
How many other Administrative Assistants have been promoted to corporate officerships at Utica National?
Why don't you ask them? Why T F do you care anyway.
Interested Reader

Herkimer, NY

#49 Sep 7, 2010
Maustin wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome to call me or email me with this startling information. I'm sure you would name all kinds of names, that doesn't mean what you say is true whatsoever.
I know how pension benefits are calculated. The pension expense is funded by the company and held separately. The actuaries figure the retirement benefit, and that is what is funded. The company doesn't get money back if someone retires before they hit their retirement date, or before they hit their date where a combination of age and years of service would allow them a reduced penalty for each year they retire early. The retirement benefit doesn't go up once you hit the early date.
You need to let go, you're carrying around a lot of animosity that seems to be preventing you from leading a happy life.
I'm a retired Utica National employee and I've been reading some of the trash that's been posted about the company. What strikes me most about the negative postings is the immaturity and insensitivity of the writers. Utica National was a great organization to work for and I look back with fondness on my career at that fine company. If it could be determined who the trash talkers are (and if they are currently employed with Utica National) I would give anything to go back for just one day and fire the cowards for gross insubordination.
3rd Floor

AOL

#50 Sep 7, 2010
Interested Reader wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a retired Utica National employee and I've been reading some of the trash that's been posted about the company. What strikes me most about the negative postings is the immaturity and insensitivity of the writers. Utica National was a great organization to work for and I look back with fondness on my career at that fine company. If it could be determined who the trash talkers are (and if they are currently employed with Utica National) I would give anything to go back for just one day and fire the cowards for gross insubordination.
uh, ok, VIC!
Betty Booper Pooper inthe

Ithaca, NY

#51 Oct 22, 2010
hey interested reader..... ITS CHANGED!!! Downtown used to be nice too!!!!!
KneePads

Clark Mills, NY

#52 Oct 22, 2010
Interested Reader wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a retired Utica National employee and I've been reading some of the trash that's been posted about the company. What strikes me most about the negative postings is the immaturity and insensitivity of the writers. Utica National was a great organization to work for and I look back with fondness on my career at that fine company. If it could be determined who the trash talkers are (and if they are currently employed with Utica National) I would give anything to go back for just one day and fire the cowards for gross insubordination.
I'm sure you spent alot of time under Mikes desk, good for you! Did your insurance cover knee replacement??
Interested Reader

Herkimer, NY

#53 Oct 23, 2010
KneePads wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you spent alot of time under Mikes desk, good for you! Did your insurance cover knee replacement??
God, I wish people like you never worked for Utica National. You don't do the company any good. I don't understand why you don't go someplace else if you hate the company so bad.
URAdork

Clark Mills, NY

#54 Oct 23, 2010
Interested Reader wrote:
<quoted text>God, I wish people like you never worked for Utica National. You don't do the company any good. I don't understand why you don't go someplace else if you hate the company so bad.
Hey MORON who said any of us worked there???? And hows the Knees "latex" breath???
Interested Reader

Herkimer, NY

#55 Oct 24, 2010
URAdork wrote:
<quoted text>Hey MORON who said any of us worked there???? And hows the Knees "latex" breath???
Well then, let me add that people like you who don't work for this fine company shouldn't. It's really a shame all of you negative jerks can't find a job where you're productive and happy. Hey, I enjoyed my worklife at Utica National. I worked hard and now I'm happily retired. It doesn't sound like you negative spoiled folks work hard, nor will you enjoy a happy retirement.
Interested Reader

Herkimer, NY

#57 Oct 24, 2010
Uswallowed wrote:
<quoted text>Did you swallow under the desk or did you get to spit it out? And hows the knees doing this morning? And thats nice that you worked on Mikes hard-on, thats something to be "proud" of!!
I think you are a 20 something male who may have taken a few college courses, but never finished his education. You either worked at Utica National and didn't do well or you are currently working there and find yourself going no where. Likely, you haven't finished any insurance courses. You have at least one tatoo and smoke and drink too much. You drive a beat up car because you can't afford a decent one. You probably have fathered at least one child and don't pay child support on time, if you pay at all. Your work history is dismal and you've been on probation at work. You often show up late or call in sick when you're not sick. You passed a drug test to get a job and then went back to recreational drug use. Your girlfriend is overweight and it bothers you. You live in a dump or with your parents.
Sunshine

United States

#58 Oct 24, 2010
Being a former employee of Utica National I can tell you it's all about the "old boys network" and whose butt you kiss up to. Is Mike Austin still drooling over the hot chicks? It was really embarassing. Bob Montesano was so much more professional - it's too bad he left to start his own business but he had his principles! Oh - and do the guys still get paid waaaaay more than the females and get promoted faster!
Uswallow

Clark Mills, NY

#59 Oct 24, 2010
Interested Reader wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are a 20 something male who may have taken a few college courses, but never finished his education. You either worked at Utica National and didn't do well or you are currently working there and find yourself going no where. Likely, you haven't finished any insurance courses. You have at least one tatoo and smoke and drink too much. You drive a beat up car because you can't afford a decent one. You probably have fathered at least one child and don't pay child support on time, if you pay at all. Your work history is dismal and you've been on probation at work. You often show up late or call in sick when you're not sick. You passed a drug test to get a job and then went back to recreational drug use. Your girlfriend is overweight and it bothers you. You live in a dump or with your parents.
Hi bad knee suckle puppy how are you? I'm sure your cats and dogs are soooo proud of you when you tell them how you worked under uncle mike's desk and kept the floors swept!And why would I want to take insurance courses?I have a real job latex breath!And better watch it or your next "check" just might not make it to you!And I'm sure your "LOT" rent is just about due.
interested reader

Clark Mills, NY

#60 Oct 24, 2010
Hey just because Mike A likes to pick up girls on cupid.com doesnt make him a bad person. And yes I worked under his desk and swallowed his load(I wonder if it tasted funny because he had gout????)
Blaaah

New Hartford, NY

#61 Oct 24, 2010
You latent homosexuals are certainly obsessed with oral sex with other men. Why don't you come all the way out of the closet.
Blaaah

New Hartford, NY

#62 Oct 24, 2010
Did your mommy hold you in that special way that just isn't the same with your girl friend?
Blaaah

Clark Mills, NY

#63 Oct 24, 2010
And if you like you can cume over to my dads trailer and we can have a "circle jerk"
Blaaah

Clark Mills, NY

#64 Oct 24, 2010
And I do still LOVE to lick my daddy and uncle's junk off at least twice a week. I EVEN SWALLOW!!!!
interested reader

Clark Mills, NY

#65 Oct 24, 2010
Hey Blaaah I think I love you and would like you to give me a golden shower!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats opposition 18 min Bill 18
why WELFARE ]\[lggers STALK FAMOUS EDUCATED MALES 21 min Jr Comet Touchers 74
Utica Jr. Comets Sex Abuse Investigation! 23 min Jr Comet Touchers 10
Only Over A Million Babies Are Abused In Africa... 28 min Jr Comet Touchers 13
24 7 the ]\[lggers CRY ABOUT MONEY THEY DONT P... 30 min Jr Comet Touchers 24
name FAB PLANTS IN AFRICA AND COMPUTERS MADE 31 min Nationally Ridiculed 15
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... (Jul '16) 33 min Nationally Ridiculed 195
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 39 min Nationally Ridiculed 954
New hartford is the new east utica 52 min BREAKING 205
Kelly Esche 55 min Indeed 52
Esche fired Nikki Todd 1 hr When 77
Poll Who is the richest man in Utica? (Jun '08) 8 hr Gross 68

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages