legion baseball
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
warrior

Manlius, NY

#41 Jul 28, 2009
bill wrote:
there was a ton of talent at wboro just coaches not giving kids chance to show it. hajjar one the the best pitchers to come out of little league was never given the oppotunity to pitch until this year and when he was finally given that opportunity he pitched great. last year with a great staff of swider, mahay, ferente this team should have competed for states. bottom line there has been a ton of talent at wboro over last 10 years with nothing to show for it.
Its all politics. Whitesboro is so political. Biggest in the area.
Old Coach

Manlius, NY

#42 Jul 28, 2009
bill wrote:
going back to the original intention of this post why did wboro get knocked out of legion playoffs? and why is the coach taking players from other legions, theres enough players to choose from in wboro, marcy, deerfield area correct?
Simply put, they didn't follow the rules! Any kid that wants to play anywhere else but his designated team has to be released by his designated team and every other team between his designated team and the team he wants to play for! In Whitestown's case, they had a kid from westmoreland on their team and I would imagine he failed to get a release from Parkhurst(Oriskany). Directly from where the kid lives, draw a straight line to Whitesboro HS and any legion teams home territory you cross, you need to get a release from that team! The only exception is if a team has a full roster (18 players)! That post has to release any player that wants a release. They can't stop kids from playing when their roster is full! IE, the almond kid from W'boro playing for UP. Had to grant a release, whitestown roster was full! Fort Schuyler had illegal kids to I think! In any event, such a stupid thing to do!
Old Coach

Manlius, NY

#43 Jul 28, 2009
bill wrote:
with all that talent this should have been the year for them to go to the state championship instead thanks to the coach these poor kids have to miss out on a possible state championship.
R U drunk??? A possible State Championship?? That is a stretch for 2 reasons! 1. Engelhart would get out coached at some point. 2. Not enough quality arms(9 inning games) and no 1 guy that would beat anybody he pitched against. IE George Jweid 4 yrs ago with NH. You knew that kid was going to beat anybody he faced every time he took the hill!
Wboro should

Manlius, NY

#44 Jul 28, 2009
W'boro should make Craig Kerner the High School Coach and the Legion Coach! Yah got probably the best 2 LL's in the area in Whitestown and MD and 2 clowns coaching the HS team and Legion Team! Neither one of them has a clue. No work ethic, no advanced skills taught, no hustle, NO DISCIPLINE AT ALL! Examples of how clueless both these coaches are: Pitchers all overstride and don't use their front side! Hitters with long swings never being corrected! 1 handed infielders! OF's never moving to counts, individual batters or making any adjustments at all! Base running is brutal. No 1 hustles. Do they even have pickoffs?
No practice structure! Practices consist of only BP! Kerner was 1 of the best players to ever play in this area, played professional baseball and has coached successfully at the college level for years! You Whitesboro people are just stupid not having this kid coach your players! Continue to suck!
really

Manlius, NY

#45 Jul 28, 2009
GET A LIFE!!!!! turn on the tv and watch the games on tv.....are you serious the things that you write on here to HURT someone!!! and for those of you that are TRYING to slam the COACH......what you ARE doing is SLAMMING the TEAM....the PLAYERS ....and the KIDS.....your KIDS that break their asses to make their teams what they are.....and RESPECT the Coach!!!!! seriously....end the shit
FIRE ABONE

Manlius, NY

#46 Jul 30, 2009
Great job last night by Abone, he has Richardson throw 142 pitches only 4 days after throwing 185,

You really care about your kids.....

PS- YOU LOST>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Jerry

Jamesville, NY

#47 Jul 30, 2009
Baseball has been dead in CNY for 20 years. No talent or ML players since Archi. The facts!
Hbomb

Jamesville, NY

#48 Jul 30, 2009
Old Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
R U drunk??? A possible State Championship?? That is a stretch for 2 reasons! 1. Engelhart would get out coached at some point. 2. Not enough quality arms(9 inning games) and no 1 guy that would beat anybody he pitched against. IE George Jweid 4 yrs ago with NH. You knew that kid was going to beat anybody he faced every time he took the hill!
How did Jweid do in college? He was no Weimer
Legion Cronies

Jamesville, NY

#49 Jul 30, 2009
Old Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply put, they didn't follow the rules! Any kid that wants to play anywhere else but his designated team has to be released by his designated team and every other team between his designated team and the team he wants to play for! In Whitestown's case, they had a kid from westmoreland on their team and I would imagine he failed to get a release from Parkhurst(Oriskany). Directly from where the kid lives, draw a straight line to Whitesboro HS and any legion teams home territory you cross, you need to get a release from that team! The only exception is if a team has a full roster (18 players)! That post has to release any player that wants a release. They can't stop kids from playing when their roster is full! IE, the almond kid from W'boro playing for UP. Had to grant a release, whitestown roster was full! Fort Schuyler had illegal kids to I think! In any event, such a stupid thing to do!
Where are the members of the make believe Adrean Post? Do they feed the players after the games?
Legion Cronies

Jamesville, NY

#50 Jul 30, 2009
Wboro should wrote:
W'boro should make Craig Kerner the High School Coach and the Legion Coach! Yah got probably the best 2 LL's in the area in Whitestown and MD and 2 clowns coaching the HS team and Legion Team! Neither one of them has a clue. No work ethic, no advanced skills taught, no hustle, NO DISCIPLINE AT ALL! Examples of how clueless both these coaches are: Pitchers all overstride and don't use their front side! Hitters with long swings never being corrected! 1 handed infielders! OF's never moving to counts, individual batters or making any adjustments at all! Base running is brutal. No 1 hustles. Do they even have pickoffs?
No practice structure! Practices consist of only BP! Kerner was 1 of the best players to ever play in this area, played professional baseball and has coached successfully at the college level for years! You Whitesboro people are just stupid not having this kid coach your players! Continue to suck!
Kerner needs to get a college education and beat out 100 other people for a PE job to be considered qualified. Good luck with the students and the stiff competition for a varsity coaching position with no HS experience.
Shtupper

Fulton, NY

#51 Jul 30, 2009
I don't bget i
bill

Syracuse, NY

#52 Jul 31, 2009
really wrote:
GET A LIFE!!!!! turn on the tv and watch the games on tv.....are you serious the things that you write on here to HURT someone!!! and for those of you that are TRYING to slam the COACH......what you ARE doing is SLAMMING the TEAM....the PLAYERS ....and the KIDS.....your KIDS that break their asses to make their teams what they are.....and RESPECT the Coach!!!!! seriously....end the shit
nobody talking bad about the kids i agree they do bust thier butts and thats the precise reason why the coaches need to be qualified to teach them properly
really

Manlius, NY

#53 Aug 1, 2009
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody talking bad about the kids i agree they do bust thier butts and thats the precise reason why the coaches need to be qualified to teach them properly
OHHHHHHH YAHHH thats right!!!???????
SOOOOO many people are willing to give up their ENTIRE Summers....weekends and every night to coach.....go home....do the stats...the website... organize the fundraisers...the raffles...the tournaments...OHHHHH YEAH....we forgot.....FOR NO PAY!!! These coaches do it for the love of the game-for the love of the kids
See you next tuesday

East Syracuse, NY

#54 Aug 1, 2009
Anyone wrote:
Legion baseball sucks. Its stupid and this county has too many teams to compete with the other counties that make it to states. They should have only two mega teams with the best players and then they could dominate at states. Instead, we have all these other teams that suck and take away from the better teams which then get destroyed at states.
It takes away from any collegiate teams or pro ball Utica could ever have because Pat Donovan is a mediocre guy and is satisfied with letting Murnane field be the place for amature ball as opposed to seeking out a legitimate professional team
The intent of Legion baseball in OC is to get the MOST kids out playing baseball and not winning state championships. How do I know this? Bill Saulsbury(the guy the state champ trophy is named after???) told me this 20 years ago. That is why we actually have the best legion program in NYS. Could we combine the best players from UP, AP, FS with MM coaching and regularly win a state championhip. I believe we could. One more thing, pro sports DON"T WORK IN UTICA. Case in point-UC hockey. It thrives here but the Devils didn't. We root for the little guy(read amateurs)here.
funny guy

Utica, NY

#55 Jul 31, 2013
Found this old thread and decided to bring it back to life
wow

Wethersfield, CT

#56 Jul 31, 2013
XYZ wrote:
<quoted text>This rumor comes out every year...Engelhart is going NO WHERE! He has too much love and respect for the players to put a loser with no values or MORALS on that team!!! I am sure many parents would pull their kids if that happened!!!
Jeepers
Jeff

Wethersfield, CT

#57 Jul 31, 2013
Mean Gene wrote:
W'boro post always undisciplined. I saw many games where the players would be arguing in the dugout or players that were not in the game being a distraction to the rest of the team. I agree with above that W'boro has probably been the biggest underachievers in this area.
Look in the mirror
nhny

Utica, NY

#58 Aug 2, 2013
Whitesboro boys on roids---can't hit A-Rod syndrome.
pete

Herkimer, NY

#59 Aug 2, 2013
What was the reason WBoro couldn't play in the playoffs? What technicality?
dont know

Whitesboro, NY

#60 Aug 6, 2013
pete wrote:
What was the reason WBoro couldn't play in the playoffs? What technicality?
Was it beer and roids?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to busy corner cafe (Nov '14) 7 min Mhayes 7
New York Taxes Highest in US - AGAIN! 1 hr Moustache Pete Crete 18
Amanda donoHoe 1 hr Ralphie 16
rob esche getting divorced 1 hr hi I am tazz 16
Js auto aka jason Shultz 1 hr pete the rat 9
Hospital Administrators salaries article Syracu... 1 hr Nonsense 1
What is FSMC Hiding! 1 hr SheBOON Dropout K... 36
irish center enough is enough 1 hr Waah Wahh Uticans 59
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 1 hr Not like Kelly does 55
Babes North Utica What Is Up With The Owner?? D... 2 hr Dirt shoot 45