Democrats want to shut govt down
slapanut

Utica, NY

#21 Sep 25, 2013
Good! Shut it down. Our government's been broke for years.
Bada Bing

Oriskany, NY

#22 Sep 25, 2013
If they have a shut down, Obama will be cross-dressing in a blue sparkle dress and wig and entertaining Bill Clinton in the evening hours. Mark Foley will be texting 16 year old male pages. Barney Frank will return so as not to miss out on the fun.
yo jagoff

Syracuse, NY

#23 Sep 25, 2013
Bada Bing wrote:
If they have a shut down, Obama will be cross-dressing in a blue sparkle dress and wig and entertaining Bill Clinton in the evening hours. Mark Foley will be texting 16 year old male pages. Barney Frank will return so as not to miss out on the fun.
must really suck 2BU.
Really

Herkimer, NY

#24 Sep 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Senator Cruz is doing his job, explaining how Obamacare hurts people and supporting the House budget. Senator Reid doesn't have a more responsible budget; he wants to keep spending more and more without end. All in all, I like the Republican budget far better than what Reid or Obama have proposed.
They just want more of the same, continued massive borrowing and spending. We want responsibility; a government that can live within its means.
Sen Cruz is a NUTT. Now, the rest of his party has withdrawn support for his childish, time-wasting pranks.
Truth

Utica, NY

#25 Sep 26, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Sen Cruz is a NUTT. Now, the rest of his party has withdrawn support for his childish, time-wasting pranks.
Ted Cruz promised his constituents that he would do exactly the things he has done. Fighting with every ounce of energy has, something that he believes is bad for the country is called doing the job his constituents elected him to do in a manner they expect him to do it in. Not "childish, time-wasting pranks". While there may be some disagreement among Republicans over what legislative tactics should and shouldn't be used, the overwhelming majority believe that "Obamacare" is bad law.

If nothing else he's drawn attention once again to the shortcomings of the Affordable care Act(Obamacare). It is a conversation that needs to be had because this bill was railroaded through congress in a pure partisan vote.

In the immortal words of Nancy Pelosi:
"But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

and

"Bipartisanship is nice, but it cannot be a substitute for action, not having it cannot prevent us from going forward."

Tell us again who the "nut" is. I'm pretty sure nut has only one 't' by the way.
lefty larry

Syracuse, NY

#26 Sep 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz promised his constituents that he would do exactly the things he has done. Fighting with every ounce of energy has, something that he believes is bad for the country is called doing the job his constituents elected him to do in a manner they expect him to do it in. Not "childish, time-wasting pranks". While there may be some disagreement among Republicans over what legislative tactics should and shouldn't be used, the overwhelming majority believe that "Obamacare" is bad law.
If nothing else he's drawn attention once again to the shortcomings of the Affordable care Act(Obamacare). It is a conversation that needs to be had because this bill was railroaded through congress in a pure partisan vote.
In the immortal words of Nancy Pelosi:
"But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."
and
"Bipartisanship is nice, but it cannot be a substitute for action, not having it cannot prevent us from going forward."
Tell us again who the "nut" is. I'm pretty sure nut has only one 't' by the way.
the pres ran against a guy that vowed to repeal the ACA. the pres won....by a huge margin. you simply spew those same tired, exaggerated, blatantly false and fear mongering tea bagger talking points that the majority of Americans have rejected. Misquotes, out of context and overall lies... Nothing new and actually the best actions you idiots can take as you're too stupid or poisoned to see that with every foolish word you puke, you secure the demise of your own political party.
Carry on! LOL
nurse seuss

Syracuse, NY

#27 Sep 26, 2013
somebody needs to tell lil' teddy that the message in the green eggs and ham story is this:

the character laments not liking green eggs and ham but admits again and again that he's never tried them. at the end of the story, after having tried the dish he exclaims:

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat...
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
green eggs and ham!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Sam-I-am

so teddy and all his whacky supporters are about to get a heapin' helpin' but don't worry. they'll find it tastes pretty good!(except of course for those whose taste buds have been burned off by scalding tea bags)

"Thank you! Thank you! Sam-I-Am!
Truth

Utica, NY

#28 Sep 26, 2013
lefty larry wrote:
<quoted text>
the pres ran against a guy that vowed to repeal the ACA. the pres won....by a huge margin. you simply spew those same tired, exaggerated, blatantly false and fear mongering tea bagger talking points that the majority of Americans have rejected. Misquotes, out of context and overall lies... Nothing new and actually the best actions you idiots can take as you're too stupid or poisoned to see that with every foolish word you puke, you secure the demise of your own political party.
Carry on! LOL
The president did not win by a huge margin. While the Electoral College vote was 332 to 206 because of the winner take all nature of that system, the popular vote was 51% to 47%. Hardly a landslide. Add the increased participation among minority voters purely because of President Obama's complexion and it's even less of a win. But, a win is a win. It certainly wasn't a win that would carry a mandate though.

Keep watching MSNBC and fooling yourself though. Just like those who defended President Carter 1976-80, I believe that when the history is written we'll see that what is going on right now will have paved the road to disaster for our country financially and culturally.

I'm not a Republican by the way. If I had to categorize my politics I say I was little 'l' Libertarian.
Truth

Utica, NY

#29 Sep 26, 2013
lefty larry wrote:
<quoted text>
the pres ran against a guy that vowed to repeal the ACA. the pres won....by a huge margin. you simply spew those same tired, exaggerated, blatantly false and fear mongering tea bagger talking points that the majority of Americans have rejected. Misquotes, out of context and overall lies... Nothing new and actually the best actions you idiots can take as you're too stupid or poisoned to see that with every foolish word you puke, you secure the demise of your own political party.
Carry on! LOL
I also want to add that things will change I think when the average person, who now is too busy watching "Duck Dynasty" and "American Idol", starts feeling the pinch form this new Democratic Socialism. That system only works until they run out of other people's money to spend.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30 Sep 26, 2013
Really wrote:
Sen Cruz is a NUTT. Now, the rest of his party has withdrawn support for his childish, time-wasting pranks.
Every Republican Senator promised to repeal Obamacare, but Cruz is one of the few actually doing something constructive.

Call your Senator, tell them not to close debate and to pass a budget like the House did. Repeal Obamacare because that's what Obama's doing for his friends when he gives them waivers, subsidies and delays the employer mandate.
Truth

Utica, NY

#31 Sep 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Every Republican Senator promised to repeal Obamacare, but Cruz is one of the few actually doing something constructive.
Call your Senator, tell them not to close debate and to pass a budget like the House did. Repeal Obamacare because that's what Obama's doing for his friends when he gives them waivers, subsidies and delays the employer mandate.
The debate needs to take place and everyone needs to listen to the conversation. If it is as good as advocates say it is then the masses will approve. If not then implementation needs to be stalled until some of the shortcomings can be addressed.

I agree, call or write your elected representatives but also talk to your doctors. See what they have to say about the Affordable Care Act and what is likely to happen to healthcare in our country if this law is allowed to stand in its' current form.
Truth

Utica, NY

#32 Sep 26, 2013
Ben Gleck wrote:
<quoted text> Has anyone explained how they are going to get Obama to sign off on throwing out his own act?
The president doesn't have to sign off on anything and they are not throwing out. Ted Cruz et al are talking about not funding it. The president has no power to spend one red cent of taxpayer money. Congress has the power of the purse. If Congress were to refuse to further fund implementation of Obamacare then the law is essentially useless. It would still be a law but there would be no taxpayer money to carry it out.

Did you not know that is how our government works?
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#33 Sep 26, 2013
Got that twisted Nit Wit wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP or should I say, the insane 40, know damn well that the Affordable Health Act will NOT be defunded. But yet they persist on this stupidity and THEY ARE in fact the ones who want the shut down as they did under Gingrich. It's long over due for this nonsense to stop and for them to get down to business and pass the budget. They have to be the stupidest people on earth. They didn't learn when they shut government down the first time and they didn't learn when they lost the Presidency. If there is a shut down, THEY will be the ones that will be blamed and will again pay the price.
Obama care is the law of the land, they don't want it, but there are more people in this country that do. Their misstatement of the facts (as usual) does NOT make it true. This stupid attempt to defund it, is not the process to take to change the law. They need to do what they have done 42 other times, submit a bill that will need to be passed by both houses and when passed, submit it to the President for signature. THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.. Move on and quit acting like a bunch of spoiled brat idiots.
The country has real issues that need attending to.. They need to do their freaking jobs and quit the BS. AND YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS and QUIT acting like sheep.
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS! I am among the unfortunate few who realize that both parties are essentially on the same team, working for the same interests of the Unites States CORPORATION go research this!), et al, and NOT we the people or the republic proper and it's government of the people, for the people, by the people, and most all else we see them do on the news is a dog and pony show and a ruse you distracted, divided and DUMBED DOWN. That said, even if it were not true, why ever would you encourage and insist anybody to simply FOLLOW THE CROWD just because they have little to no chance to win their case? Helloooooo??? What sort of foolish and despicable and corruption enabling thinking is that? Dissention is at the foundational heart and soul of this REPUBLIC and it's the loss of this quintessentially American identity and right that's got us in the bad way we are deeply in. That you promote a way of thinking that would willingly mire us deeper in this morass of shitt shows the level of mental midgetry you are at. Go smoke some more of the obamafuhrer's apparently tasty sausage and continue to happily wave goodbye to whatever may be left of our republic with a huge smile on your face. Or GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!
lefty larry

Syracuse, NY

#34 Sep 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The debate needs to take place and everyone needs to listen to the conversation. If it is as good as advocates say it is then the masses will approve. If not then implementation needs to be stalled until some of the shortcomings can be addressed.
I agree, call or write your elected representatives but also talk to your doctors. See what they have to say about the Affordable Care Act and what is likely to happen to healthcare in our country if this law is allowed to stand in its' current form.
talked to my doc last week. he's glad that more of his patients will now have access to preventative care. me too! there will be a few glitches as there was back when medicare was initiated but those will be addressed as they come up. the ship has sailed righties! time to reel in your nonsense and accept the law of the land. you know, the one that decided the last presidential election, passed by both houses and ruled constitutional by the supreme court? yeah that one! LOL i know it's driving you nutz and i love it!
lefty larry

Syracuse, NY

#35 Sep 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Every Republican Senator promised to repeal Obamacare, but Cruz is one of the few actually doing something constructive.
Hehehehe. That's rich. What's he do for his next act of defiance? Burp the alphabet? Yes, please do follow the boy. Too funny!
Yup

United States

#36 Sep 26, 2013
lefty larry wrote:
<quoted text>
the pres ran against a guy that vowed to repeal the ACA. the pres won....by a huge margin. you simply spew those same tired, exaggerated, blatantly false and fear mongering tea bagger talking points that the majority of Americans have rejected. Misquotes, out of context and overall lies... Nothing new and actually the best actions you idiots can take as you're too stupid or poisoned to see that with every foolish word you puke, you secure the demise of your own political party.
Carry on! LOL
Just by reading your posts the average person can see you're kind of immature and unhinged. You paint with a broad brush and make ridiculous assumptions. Sad that idiots like you really vote for more NY Ca and Detroit "change" hah!
Ayo Beyo

Hockley, TX

#37 Sep 26, 2013
Lol, I won't sign up for it. Much cheaper to take the penalty than to pay per month. Funny thing is it RELIES on young healthy people like myself to sign up for it. So many are not so all those old folk or unhealthy people are going to suffer.

AWESOME
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#38 Sep 26, 2013
Sad state of affairs we find ourselves in that many Americans are so CONDITIONED to insist, expect or even rely upon govt handouts, even when they don't really need it, they're willing to sell their AND THEIR CHILDREN'S constitutional rights, freedoms, liberties and dignities away forever to get it. What a mockery we make today of those self-sacrificing true patriots who fought and died to establish a republic. Like spitting on their graves... Hardly an American man or woman alive today that can hold a candle to any one of them. Today most would look at them with contemptuous dismay, roll their eyes, belittle them and tell them to GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSES and get with the PROGRAM... Right before calling the GESTAPO to have them imprisoned and tortured indefinitely or executed (probably after the latter) for being unpatriotic, anti-American terrrrr'ists!(SMH...)
lefty larry

Syracuse, NY

#39 Sep 26, 2013
Ayo Beyo wrote:
Lol, I won't sign up for it. Much cheaper to take the penalty than to pay per month. Funny thing is it RELIES on young healthy people like myself to sign up for it. So many are not so all those old folk or unhealthy people are going to suffer.
AWESOME
fine with me that you play russian roulette with your own health care. so you never get sick and you never get injured. yup you'll show 'em! until of course your "luck" runs out. LOL ...and by all means DON'T engage in any preventative care. mine's covered 100% but you don't need that. nah... well no matter. all the crying and cheap theatrics you can muster won't change the fact that the ACA is the law of our land. so pay your penalty and be ignorantly blissful. say, is that a mole on your nose? any relatives ever have cancer? just ignore it and it'll go away. LOL
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#40 Sep 26, 2013
About the only things too many Americans appear to be willing to fight for is MORE govt handouts and ever MORE govt CONTROLS... Stop drinking the FLUORIDE people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peepers (Sep '16) 4 min Mr Rich 12
NEW Democratic Party Election Commissoner 12 min Go School Board 29
Assembly candidate 15 min Go Salatino 73
Joe Griffo's donors, DuRoss and Oneidas 16 min The Three Amigos 25
pacenti and Cuomo united (Mar '14) 17 min Government Stinks 478
Lipstick Lez says most mass shooters are Dems 17 min MAGA 14
Oneida county taxes went UP 18 min Up Up Away 93
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 40 min all nonsense 167
Mvcc women's basketball 57 min Taxpayers Outraged 59
Claudia just got my vote 1 hr Born Democrat 16
Keller 3 hr jimmy 47

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages