Taste of Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WAlker

Ithaca, NY

#1 Jun 18, 2011
It's a wonderful celebration, great family fun. However do not park in the Kennedy Apartment's parking lot, your car will be towed away. It will cost you $100 cash to get it back, they do not accept credit cards. The towing company is Johnstons. We came out to find that our car was one of many that had been towed. It is refreshing to find out the the apartment complex is such a good neighbor of city hall and supports it's endeavors by not allowing patrons to park in their empty parking lot. Thanks for the hospitality!
Hello

Rome, NY

#2 Jun 18, 2011
You deserve it, it's private parking for residences. Try the FREE laming garage or FREE parking lots near the Stanley. Then walk the five min to the taste of Utica. You deserve to be towed. The elderly tenants space you took probably called to ow, and she was right. You are VERY inconsiderate.
City Hall

United States

#3 Jun 18, 2011
But what a great event! D Bag Jerry Krause should be ashamed of himself for trying to Mess with this event.
John Rome

Rome, NY

#4 Jun 18, 2011
Music was good. Lots of "Utica Looking" people were there.

Sucked that there were maybe only 15 food places there. It's a shame there wasnt a bigger turnout for Utica area restaurants. The ones there all had maybe 1 or 2 $1.00 samples. And most also had a different version of Chicken Riggies. Oh and $4.00 for a beer.
Hello

Rome, NY

#5 Jun 18, 2011
I agree lots of fun, great for city

Level 3

Since: Aug 08

Utica, NY

#7 Jun 18, 2011
I liked that they had more for the kids either free or cheap. It was really nice. Just get there early because they run out of stuff quick!
crAzy

Hadley, MA

#8 Jun 18, 2011
Was very nice! Had pulled pork sandwich for a dollar from the celtic harp! Wife had a gyro and loved it as well. Great event
Doctor Jerry

United States

#9 Jun 18, 2011
Biggest crowd in Hanna Park in years, maybe ever!
Mr classact

Cortland, NY

#10 Jun 18, 2011
HaHa Great fun!! Seen alot of drunks and fat ass poor peeps with kids and a no name band! Niceee.....
Zebbs

Cortland, NY

#11 Jun 18, 2011
Zebbs had the best booth!!!! Best food hands down and also the best looking girls working there!!!!!! Hell yeah Zebbs burgers are AWSOME and for that price how can you beat it!!!!!
Hoo Boy

Utica, NY

#12 Jun 19, 2011
I just wish that they had more tables to eat at. I bought food and had to try to stand and eat. That part of the event should be better planned.
paul smirglsec

Rome, NY

#13 Jun 19, 2011
food sucked from previous years. very cheap and hardly any choices. no seafood. best food was from the polish center.
UCme

Utica, NY

#14 Jun 19, 2011
How appropiate that Skid Row headlines this event.
Mayor of Negaitveville

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 19, 2011
OMG...some much bitchin and complaining on the site.....Utica is trying....no city is perfect....especially ones with no money like ours....at least there was something to do this weekend for the 'drunks and fat ass poor peeps w/ kids' to do instead of killing or beating the shit out of eachother!
Downtown Train

United States

#16 Jun 19, 2011
I have never seen that many people in Hanna Park. Its better than hanging out at the disgusting Brewery!
hey

Pultneyville, NY

#17 Jun 19, 2011
It was fun! Tried a lot of food: Taste of Cambodia, Celtic Harp, Mitzuba, some new kabob place in clinton, among others, had wine slushies, talked with friends! Only lame part was Zebb's $1 sample was a freaken brownie...come on!
what about the drunks

Utica, NY

#18 Jun 19, 2011
the usual? talking shit, mumbling to themselves, swaying ... am I right?
Dumbashes

Utica, NY

#19 Jun 19, 2011
Mayor of Negaitveville wrote:
OMG...some much bitchin and complaining on the site.....Utica is trying....no city is perfect....especially ones with no money like ours....at least there was something to do this weekend for the 'drunks and fat ass poor peeps w/ kids' to do instead of killing or beating the out of eachother!
You're like a conflicted idiot aren't you? You complain about people complaining about how "bad" it is, then you insult everyone and do a little complaining yourself.

I'm just wildly guessing here but you were born in utica weren't you? Go on you can say no one reads these things.
Utican

Utica, NY

#20 Jun 19, 2011
This was my first year attending..and I must say..I can't wait for next year! I think overall it was a good time!! Enjoyed it better then Saranac Thursday actually. Crowd for any type of event like that was the usual...The Good, The Bad, and The...well the shoulda stayed home :) I saw no trouble and it seemed as if everyone that was there was enjoying themselves! Was something every age group enjoyed!! Only ONE thing bothered me...after 9 at night...if your kid is still in diapers or under age of 10..during a concert..FIND A SITTER!! No need to expose your child to a large group of people like that..espically when drinking has been going on...Final OPINION....the city should do something like that once a month during the summer months!! Even if people had to pay a small fee...I'm POSITIVE THEY WOULD!!
HAHA

Oneida, NY

#21 Jun 19, 2011
hey utican did u eat any pickles

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know joe rezendes? 2 min Joe 5
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 1 hr mizz nosey 45
History is Timeless 1 hr mizz nosey 2
Missing Ties 1 hr mizz nosey 2
Level bar & lounge 2 hr sarafina 2
Why everyone's leaving Utica 3 hr US of jungle 14
More money for the Auditorium... 3 hr Cheerleader 447
Utica Comets have the highest number of season ... 4 hr Cheerleader 46
Principal Charles Pratt Drunk 4 hr Educator 5
Belvidere Dairy's Meatballs 7 hr grillin 7