Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Holyoke, MA

#1 Nov 12, 2012
How many of the original stores do you remember when riverside opened in 1972??? I can remember the main ones were howlands, jm fields,wards, but i cant remember the back side store.
Level 3

Holyoke, MA

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Bradlees was in the spot jm fields occupied.
Maybe

Hamilton, NY

#5 Nov 12, 2012
Flahs
uhh yeah

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 12, 2012
I worked there in the 90's. I remember Bradlees, Fays, Friendlys, JoAnn Fabrics, Wards, the cinemas, Swiss Pretzel, Burger King, Present Co, Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Steinbach, Forever Leather, Old Wicker Mill, Fanny Farmer, Ormonds, Kay Bee, Thom McCann, Freshens, Cavallos,Sicilian Delight, Taco Bell, Arby's, Wendys, Mr Tokyo, Florentine, Lees Magic Wok, Sunburst, Zales, and Piercing Pagoda. Wow, brings back memories!
lol

Herkimer, NY

#7 Nov 13, 2012
I remember the 90s too. Pet store, park Place arcade, Bavarian pretzel, Baskin Robbins,life discovery, Camelot music, sneaker store, Spencer, record town, Klein all sports, key bank, hot sauce store, book store, friendlys, ground round, fashion bug, dollar store, granny's kitchen
Level 3

Holyoke, MA

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Maybe wrote:
Flahs
thats it!! It sold womens clothing. I remember a few others... baskin robbins and kitty corner to that was kandy korn.also there was a big hickory farms store. Also a place called orange julious that sold orange drinks. Endicott johnson shoes and the carrols which became burger king.there was also a store that sold mostly jeans i think it was called the slack shed or something simular but ityou ended in shed or barn.kaybee toys and a pet shop next door.
oh no

Herkimer, NY

#10 Nov 13, 2012
should of left it alone was a good mall how about anderson little hiltons music burgerking bring it back carmel corn store
remember

AOL

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Chess King
remember1

Utica, NY

#12 Nov 13, 2012
Casual Corner
Maybe

Hamilton, NY

#13 Nov 13, 2012
The jean place was Shed House. Friar's Inn had really good curly fries.

Smith's Bootery, with the Old English Sheep Dog...Wild Pair.....
taxpayer

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 13, 2012
Pavones pizza
my 2 cents

New York, NY

#16 Nov 13, 2012
foxmoores....and the old fashioned ice cream bars dipped in choc and rolled in nuts!!!
Fat Tony Salerno

United States

#17 Nov 13, 2012
Maybe wrote:
The jean place was Shed House. Friar's Inn had really good curly fries.
Smith's Bootery, with the Old English Sheep Dog...Wild Pair.....
Yeah, their commercials used to say "head for the Shed." I used to buy bell bottoms there years ago. In those days I had hair down to my ass. Wild!!
Fat Tony Salerno

United States

#18 Nov 13, 2012
my 2 cents wrote:
foxmoores....and the old fashioned ice cream bars dipped in choc and rolled in nuts!!!
Yeah, I remember that a lot of hot broads shopped at that Foxmoores store. Cool.
Level 3

United States

#19 Nov 13, 2012
The bank was savings bank of utica(sbu) readers island was a free standing kiosk.
Maybe

Hamilton, NY

#20 Nov 13, 2012
Painters pants and carpenter jeans were more my time. I do think forever leather was there. I think it was next to the place that used to be Flah's. There was also the Gardenia Plant store there. Remember that place that basically sold just plants and the groovy happenin' macrame hangers with the big glass tables and all.

There was also the Singer sewing machine store and a liquor store.........
Also

Massena, NY

#21 Nov 13, 2012
Fun & Fitness
Another

Little Falls, NY

#22 Nov 13, 2012
Stride Rite Children's Shoe Store ...and Spencer's :)
lisa

Utica, NY

#23 Nov 13, 2012
Barbara Moss
cupcake

Peabody, MA

#24 Nov 14, 2012
Wasn't there a Wild Pair shoe store and a Bakers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica BRUTALLY TRASHED at City-Data DOTCom!! 4 min Uncle Warren 3
Who wants to know 4 min Hello Utica cowards 10
Winner: None 6 min Hello Utica cowards 25
I want to know 17 min Uncle Warren 1
Trump Blinded By Eclipse 18 min Argo 17
why ]\[lGGERS BURN AND ROB EVERYTHING WHEN THEY... 28 min LOL 27
name THE AFRICAN HARDWARE YOU BOUGHT THIS YEAR 34 min LOL 6
venice pizza 1 hr Cream of sum yung... 19
Not All Nazis Are Bad 1 hr Cleanse the NAZIs 102
NYS Police working hard to ruin Saranac Thursday 2 hr sully drives sober 25