More kingdoms for UFD to take over

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i love Oriskany

Waterville, NY

#1 Jan 9, 2013
http://www.uticaod.com/features/x1146187448/M...

Hey Chief of the great UFD....
Morrisville is in need of a new king it seems. Theyre using college students as volunteers! Oh the horror!

Dont they realize they could be paying millions to salaries and pensions of union men, and you could generate some god lovin revenue for the great city.

You could declare yourself all knowing Emperor of Firefighting. Youll make St. Florian look like a lightweight Amateur.
Taxpayer

Cortland, NY

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Utica needs to become a partial volunteer fire department but no we pay people to quit, take there huge pensions after 20 years and hire more fireman following the same cycle banrupting Utica. Fill the damn positions with willing and able voluteers. They would be satified with health benefits alone without the huge pay checks. Utica would save million if dollars but never mind that would mean real savings for taxpayers and would be a good idea. I forgot this is Utica, home of the spend more than you have city and tax people more than they can afford. Utica is unique.
Kamakookoo

Utica, NY

#3 Jan 9, 2013
The small, much slower, and better equipped (rarely used)local volunteer depts. cant get enough volunteers! Stop with your pipe dreams of a free Fire Dept. LOL....
brass

Cortland, NY

#4 Jan 9, 2013
We have enough brass to run 5 fire departments. We only need 20 volunteers to save millions of dollars. I bet there are at least fifty volunteers that live in Utica ready, willing and able to do just as good a job as anyone on the planet who will never get a chance otherwise as they wait in the friends and family lines of employment. You want solution, well this is one and you can keep the same amount of brass and bennies. Don't say ot won't work because it will. Just like the ambulance service they can change laws overnight to get what they want even though the ambulance service looses money.
BS

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 9, 2013
brass wrote:
We have enough brass to run 5 fire departments. We only need 20 volunteers to save millions of dollars. I bet there are at least fifty volunteers that live in Utica ready, willing and able to do just as good a job as anyone on the planet who will never get a chance otherwise as they wait in the friends and family lines of employment. You want solution, well this is one and you can keep the same amount of brass and bennies. Don't say ot won't work because it will. Just like the ambulance service they can change laws overnight to get what they want even though the ambulance service looses money.
.....and I am sure taxpayer and brass are "willing and able" to step up and volunteer if the opportunity arises.
sick of morons

Utica, NY

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Kamakookoo wrote:
The small, much slower, and better equipped (rarely used)local volunteer depts. cant get enough volunteers! Stop with your pipe dreams of a free Fire Dept. LOL....
I dunno what the hell your talking about. the volunteer fd in my community has a waiting list. get a clue before you open your mouth.
kingdom of crazy

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 9, 2013
http://binghamton.ynn.com/content/top_stories...

Read the article. The Chief is looking for a Kingdom that needs a King it seems.[Brooks said specialty services are just one benefit of this plan, but going through with it has proven tough before. "People have their own little kingdoms and change is pain," he said.]

HAHAHA. Stick with your city issues Sally. No one is buying what your selling. You all made the mess. You clean it up.
Sal

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jan 9, 2013
sick of morons wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno what the hell your talking about. the volunteer fd in my community has a waiting list. get a clue before you open your mouth.
True
Theres Cretin

New Hartford, NY

#9 Jan 9, 2013
kingdom of crazy wrote:
http://binghamton.ynn.com/cont ent/top_stories/628268/utica-s -marino-pushes-regional-shared -services-committee/
Read the article. The Chief is looking for a Kingdom that needs a King it seems.[Brooks said specialty services are just one benefit of this plan, but going through with it has proven tough before. "People have their own little kingdoms and change is pain," he said.]
HAHAHA. Stick with your city issues Sally. No one is buying what your selling. You all made the mess. You clean it up.
Hey Cretin, clean up the mess in your pants!
Wrong hypocretin

Middleville, NJ

#10 Jan 9, 2013
Theres Cretin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Cretin, clean up the mess in your pants!
Sorry paranoid retard, wrong agaoin. NOT me LOL! You are CONSUMED whiteswhoro sanctidaddy!

Now go start some racism posts youre good at it! Are you that fat worthless 3inch tuffguy Dave NEary? You sure VENT and OBSESS REVENGE like he does! LMAO!!

Oggla boogla! ME COACH TUFFGUY INFANT BRAIN HUMOR!!! Me MAAAD he make fun me neanderball!
Theres Cretin

New Hartford, NY

#11 Jan 9, 2013
Wrong hypocretin wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry paranoid retard, wrong agaoin. NOT me LOL! You are CONSUMED whiteswhoro sanctidaddy!
Now go start some racism posts youre good at it! Are you that fat worthless 3inch tuffguy Dave NEary? You sure VENT and OBSESS REVENGE like he does! LMAO!!
Oggla boogla! ME COACH TUFFGUY INFANT BRAIN HUMOR!!! Me MAAAD he make fun me neanderball!
Oggla boogla? Time for your thorazine Cretin.
Wrong hypocretin

Middleville, NJ

#12 Jan 9, 2013
Time for a life scumbag youre not even funny anymore just pathetic and coming up short. Im sure youre no different in real life you "sports star" stuck in retard whiteswhoro you!

They were a sad defeated people! They hated the messenger even more than the message! None ever made it out of shzt land LMFAO!
BS

Utica, NY

#13 Jan 9, 2013
sick of morons wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno what the hell your talking about. the volunteer fd in my community has a waiting list. get a clue before you open your mouth.
What community is that?
Yeah

Utica, NY

#14 Jan 10, 2013
BS wrote:
<quoted text>
What community is that?
Goto to a website of some local FDs and you'll see who has full plentiful memberships and who doesn't. Not all is as gloom and doom in the volunteer ranks as the sultan of fire from UFD would have you think.
Funny city people

Utica, NY

#15 Apr 1, 2013
BS wrote:
<quoted text>
What community is that?
I believe Clinton and New Hartford both having waiting lists to get in. There memberships are full. So suck it.
Volunteer

Utica, NY

#16 Oct 21, 2013
Where can I join ?
LOL

Utica, NY

#17 Oct 21, 2013
Funny city people wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Clinton and New Hartford both having waiting lists to get in. There memberships are full. So suck it.
Wow a waiting list full of toothless drunken idiots! I feel safer already!
Nope

Utica, NY

#18 Oct 22, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow a waiting list full of toothless drunken idiots! I feel safer already!
Yeah. Not really. We aren't talking about people from Brookfield here. Or the drunken idiots in corn hill. Take what you're selling IAFF union boy and offer it to someone who believes your crap and insults on the very people most of you live next door to in suburbia.
Roger Amodio

Tully, NY

#19 Oct 22, 2013
Russ Brooks is 89 years old, oldest active fire chief in NYS. Decorated Vietnam war hero. Wants to have all county fire agencies under one command - his. Most of NH & Whtb's new rigs would be transferred to the Central Fire House on Bleecker St, Oneida Square, and N.Utica's Engine 5. UFD's older rigs would go to NH & Whtb. Because of this added duty to Brooks, his salary would be increased to $192K/year. His health insurance would be free, as it is for all UFD personnel. Does anyone have a problem with this?
Samantha

Utica, NY

#20 Oct 22, 2013
Well Roger,

Not to sure if the taxpayers in NH and Whtbr who pad for those nice new trucks are going to want their investment going down to work the demilitarized zones on our lovely city. Hard working residents paid for that equipment and they expect it to respond to their emergencies. Not some hand me down beat up rigs that make FDNY trucks look like show room models.
Not to mention it wold cost us all a small ransom to pay these career Utica firemen to man the stations.-Were as now we get the labor for free? No thanks. Maybe Marcy or Frankfort is interested in the fine services of your career force?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Candlelight Vigil in Utica for victims of Nepal... 3 min Surge 3
News NY Central Railroad Historical Society 's annua... 3 min True 2
News Utica man charged with striking another man wit... 5 min Slasher 2
News MS Walk Mohawk Valley at Masonic Care in Utica 5 min Poor Diet 2
News Several streets in Utica under boil water advisory 6 min Yuck 2
News 2015 Utica Mayor's Benefit Gala 6 min Might Take Two Years 2
News I Love My Park Day Draws Dozens of Volunteers i... 7 min Good Question 2
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Apr 30 fact check 637
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]