Posted in the Utica Forum

Dave

Utica, NY

#1 Oct 17, 2013
CDBG committee gives resignation to Utica Common Council
By ANGELICA A. MORRISON
Story Created: Oct 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM EDT
Story Updated: Oct 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM EDT
UTICA, N.Y.(WKTV)- The entire advisory committee for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) turned in their resignations, Wednesday night at the Utica Common Council meeting.

CDBG committee chairman Ken Roser said the decision was made, because he feels the council has refused to address a residency issue concerning the committee.

Previously, members were appointed to the committee, who were not city residents and committee members have to be city residents in order to serve.

"Some of it's our fault, because we did not do our diligence to make sure they were city residents before their appointments," said councilman Frank Meola, who feels as though the issue of residency has been addressed. "So, it's a balance. That's why the council would really like to see them finish the work they stated. They're all good people. And, we thank them, because they don't get paid for this job."

The duties of the committee will be handled by the common council.
I hate Utica

Utica, NY

#2 Oct 17, 2013
I sooo hate utica
2 utica

United States

#3 Oct 17, 2013
Join the rest of the country!

Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak!!!!
2 Utica

New Hartford, NY

#4 Oct 17, 2013
2 utica wrote:
Join the rest of the country!
Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak! Pak!!!!
...and pak, pak, pak, pak my shyte for me!
haha

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2013
Dave wrote:
CDBG committee gives resignation to Utica Common Council
By ANGELICA A. MORRISON
Story Created: Oct 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM EDT
Story Updated: Oct 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM EDT
UTICA, N.Y.(WKTV)- The entire advisory committee for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) turned in their resignations, Wednesday night at the Utica Common Council meeting.
CDBG committee chairman Ken Roser said the decision was made, because he feels the council has refused to address a residency issue concerning the committee.
Previously, members were appointed to the committee, who were not city residents and committee members have to be city residents in order to serve.
"Some of it's our fault, because we did not do our diligence to make sure they were city residents before their appointments," said councilman Frank Meola, who feels as though the issue of residency has been addressed. "So, it's a balance. That's why the council would really like to see them finish the work they stated. They're all good people. And, we thank them, because they don't get paid for this job."
The duties of the committee will be handled by the common council.
Good get people from utica to do the job. How pathetic, and advisory board thinking they have power. good riddance. How political of a boar can you get? I'm glad the council stood up to them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption in Mayoral Office (Important Please ... (Jan '14) 3 min fedup 33
Utica AUD may host the AHL All-Star Classic 20 min CSHS1986 13
Circus at Aud 38 min Cretin is Riggie 6
Do NOT invest in Utica (Dec '09) 44 min Disorganized grime 116
NOTRE DAME HIGH undefeated so far 54 min Good for nothing 56
RCIL's Newest Addition Executive Director AKA T... 1 hr Bedbugs 266
Apartment Searching, Help 2 hr bill 2
NH new AD, you blew it already. 5 hr Clay Iron Man Whi... 23
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 8 hr Old utican 29
yanadasis closes club house 9 hr ADS r US 35