First Prev
of 2
Next Last
your warned

Utica, NY

#2 Aug 10, 2010
don't do it, they do shitty work, its a bunch of bosnians and do half assed work, he's changed his name a bunch of times

A bunch of very rude bosnians
FYI

Rome, NY

#4 Oct 14, 2010
your warned wrote:
don't do it, they do shitty work, its a bunch of bosnians and do half assed work, he's changed his name a bunch of times
A bunch of very rude bosnians
HA HA you jelous piece of shit, bosnians rule utica, its no ones issue you have lived in Utica all your life and cant get nothing ... he did work for me and is amazing so go get a real job and a LIFE> low life idiot. and name has not changed for past 12 years get your shit straight, soon he will be the WINDOW KING.
well

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 14, 2010
Homeowner wrote:
I see this ad on the building right before going over the bridge to NU and I see this "windows by viktor" ad painted on the building saying windows installed for $179. Is this real or some kind of bait and switch? Seems too low to be true.
This is close for a window to be installed, installed, not a window
and installed. If you don't get an Anderson or Marvin your buying garbage. If your poor get Pella from Lowes. Don't use replacement windows, get new construction, replacement windows are for lazy idiots.
Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 14, 2010
don't goto that scum, he does very crappy work. Had work done on my house, had a whole crew of bosnians(only bosnians) kept giving me weird looks and laughing talking only in bosnian, when worked was finished I realized I should've spent a little more and went with someone who's well known, not this loser
Joe Popiolek

AOL

#7 Oct 14, 2010
well wrote:
<quoted text>
This is close for a window to be installed, installed, not a window
and installed. If you don't get an Anderson or Marvin your buying garbage. If your poor get Pella from Lowes. Don't use replacement windows, get new construction, replacement windows are for lazy idiots.
Uh, excuse me. Not ALL of us can afford NEW construction!!!! Replacement windows are better than the old-style aluminum triple track storms of yesteryear. Sorry that we're all not rich!!!!
well

Utica, NY

#8 Oct 14, 2010
Joe Popiolek wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, excuse me. Not ALL of us can afford NEW construction!!!! Replacement windows are better than the old-style aluminum triple track storms of yesteryear. Sorry that we're all not rich!!!!
Hey, there is no price difference between new construction
and replacement, its the way the window gets installed.
The point was, if a window and installation is 200.00 they would be great for a trailer in the desert, not in upstate NY.

The old style window your talking about, are for Florida, they are not zoned for cold environments because they sweet. The people who installed this kind of window in an area that has cold temps was a thief and an idiot.

If you don't want to spend at least 400.00 for a window, get a pella from lowes that is argon and low e, there a lot cheaper and
if they start to leak, for the most part, they will give you a new one.

If you don't at least get this kind of a window, you will eat the money in heating, its worth it to spend the money on a better window then to lose money in the winter killing your furnace.

I have not looked at the design of the window your talking about,
but just because the frame is not aluminum, and is vinyl, does not mean diddly, it might not sweet, but could be just as efficient
as the old window you have now but looks good.

Rich- is having your health and family that loves you, money is useless.
ha ha ha

Manlius, NY

#9 Oct 15, 2010
BLACKBEAR420 wrote:
don't goto that scum, he does very crappy work. Had work done on my house, had a whole crew of bosnians(only bosnians) kept giving me weird looks and laughing talking only in bosnian, when worked was finished I realized I should've spent a little more and went with someone who's well known, not this loser
just so you know black bear idiot. get a life . at least bosnians work and dont live off the system like most of the population in cny. get a job
onetwotree

New Hartford, NY

#10 Oct 15, 2010
We have had work by Victor and he did a great job. His workers were Bosnian, and spoke Bosnian some of the time, but the were respectful and did a great job. People have stopped by my house and asked who did our siding, roof and concrete work. I didn't have any problems with him company at all.
Joe 6Pak

AOL

#11 Oct 15, 2010
I wouldn't be so kwik to knock the Bosnians. Have u ever seen how they buy an old home, gut it & then fix it up? I've seen a few in my neighborhood & these homes look 10x better than they ever did!

Those Bosnians know how to remodel.
Yes they doodie

Utica, NY

#12 Oct 15, 2010
Yep, like the two guys that fell through the front porch roof!Boy they do good work for uninsured inbred morons!Oh wait no permits too!
ditto

Baldwinsville, NY

#13 Oct 16, 2010
This guy is a hack. He does not always carry insurance. Do not do it. The windows are crap! It has nothing to do with his nationality. I don't care if he was Italian and I lived in East Utica. Hack I tell ya! Be warned was right on point. I wouldn't let him install new batteries in my remote control.
crazy lunatics

United States

#14 Oct 16, 2010
After installation of the windows you can feel a strong draft coming through the windows as if they where opened
crazy lunatics

United States

#15 Oct 16, 2010
Joe 6Pak wrote:
I wouldn't be so kwik to knock the Bosnians. Have u ever seen how they buy an old home, gut it & then fix it up? I've seen a few in my neighborhood & these homes look 10x better than they ever did!
Those Bosnians know how to remodel.
They do a great job remodeling there own homes,but do a half ass job working on other homes
crazy lunatics

United States

#16 Oct 16, 2010
They also do not pay taxes for the first 5 years they live in this country
EPA RRP

Utica, NY

#19 Oct 17, 2010
Are they a certified firm under the EPA Renovate, Repair and Paint Rule?

As of April 22, this year all contractors and landlords working in pre-1978 housing, schools or child occupied facilities are required by federal law to obtain an EPA firm license and have their workers trained in lead-safe work practices, or face fines up to $37,500.00 per violation.

Renovation is broadly defined as any activity that disturbs painted surfaces and includes most repair, remodeling, and maintenance activities,

... including window replacement.

If you haven't seen it, check out the following document.

It is an August 10th 44 page document on how the EPA intends to enforce RRP, and Appendix B actually has violations broken down with fine matrices depending on the gravity of the violation, etc.

http://www.shawnmccadden.com/Default.aspx...
law

Oswego, NY

#20 Oct 18, 2010
EPA RRP wrote:
Are they a certified firm under the EPA Renovate, Repair and Paint Rule?
As of April 22, this year all contractors and landlords working in pre-1978 housing, schools or child occupied facilities are required by federal law to obtain an EPA firm license and have their workers trained in lead-safe work practices, or face fines up to $37,500.00 per violation.
Renovation is broadly defined as any activity that disturbs painted surfaces and includes most repair, remodeling, and maintenance activities,
... including window replacement.
If you haven't seen it, check out the following document.
It is an August 10th 44 page document on how the EPA intends to enforce RRP, and Appendix B actually has violations broken down with fine matrices depending on the gravity of the violation, etc.
http://www.shawnmccadden.com/Default.aspx...
Off course they are certifie and they follow the laws. That's why they are a very successful construction company that has been in business for over 10years.
Duhhh

Utica, NY

#21 Oct 18, 2010
Yep they be certifie!
oh my god

Manlius, NY

#22 Oct 18, 2010
attack wrote:
attackers they do a good job. Just look into the materials and watch them if you want.
ha ha ha you should pick up a book and read something smart. they pay taxes just like anyone else. if it was up to me i would talk shit about someone else besides the bosnians at least they dont have 100 kids and milk the system while driving an escalade.
more

Manlius, NY

#23 Oct 18, 2010
He did work on my house had all windows replaced, he did a great job and it was spotless after the work was done. I dont get what you are all talking about but he is the most successful contractor in this area. Some of the people born here never got anywere so thats why your all jelous.
NatGrid

Utica, NY

#24 Oct 18, 2010
Thanks for using Viktor for your new windows.WE LOVE HIM TOO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
utica dpw illegal dumping 3 min enuff is enuff 1
hillary clinton WILL be the next president 17 min bush crime family 23
What Song Are You Listening To Right Now? (Sep '11) 28 min KY WELLER 424
Do NOT do business with Feher Rubbish Removal (Jan '11) 35 min Mr clean 58
Dan Russell 39 min Killbox 2
WKTV-Smith 1 hr buttmuncher 14
What is Leadership Mohawk Valley thinking with ... (Feb '14) 1 hr The whole area 5
West Family on sessions rd 1 hr Upstate slimebags 6
Carbone auto group 3 hr Carboneya 21
Most liberals have a low IQ 8 hr Laugh at libs 16
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 8 hr Janet 632
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]